Speed camera POIs in Columbus (a new guide)

On 01/02/2018 at 12:42, mr.nik said:

What a great guide...  before I follow it, I'm wondering if anyone has done this using the "upload" feature on Skoda Connect, as my car has the internet/connectivity pack with SIM card etc and you can, in theory, do this from the skoda connect portal.    Interested to know if anyone has experience of making it work by that route?   If not, I guess I will have to give it a go and share my experiences.. :)

Not me. Let us know how you get on mate.

6 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Not me. Let us know how you get on mate.

well, it's been easy and successful (to a degree). I did all the steps of downloading the camera data as per the instructions above. I did actually download all the possible file types, not just csv, as will become apparent shortly.  I figured I would try it first without manipulating any data (and indeed, you don't have to) 

you go to skoda-connect.com to login. (actually this site is pretty frustrating, as it keeps forgetting some of your details and you need to keep adding them).. anyway, once in the overview page for your car, you select "Manage" under "My Points of Interest", which leads to a page where you can upload the files.  Several formats are supported, except they aren't because every time i tried to upload the .gpx file, I got a server error. So, I just uploaded the CSV's.

Then in the car you fire up the navigation and have to find the my POI's settings (I didn't make such a good note of this at the time, but I will next time i update) - and there is an option to update from online; selecting this and it miraculously grabs all the files from online.  I then did have to do some finagling to get them to show - that didn't seem to work at first but after a couple of attempts has done so. 

only issue is: no warning on approach...  If I remember correctly I couldn't find a setting on the columbus that seemed to relate to that  - but I can confirm that the icons do appear on the map.. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkUk63 said:

Hi mr.nik ,getting my Superb in a couple of weeks and looking to add the speed cameras as well.did you need to add the BMP files as well to get the icons.

Hi Mark. Yep. 

You’ll see in the images in my post that the screen that lets you add a file also has an icon selection, and a + button that allows you to use your own image. I just uploaded the ones that came with the POI download without any changes. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rainmaker,

Thanks for the guide, it worked perfectly, even 1st time :-) I have added Speed cameras and golf courses as POIs.

I also had a go at updating my maps in my columbus (66 Superb 2.0 tdi L&K). I used the skoda portal......

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-gb

After putting in my VIN number it told me that there was no firmware update available, but there may be a map update.

I checked my car and the map installed was older, so I had a go at updating it.

The way it works, is you down load and then run a small application "downloader.exe", this then download a large zip file, this took nearly 2 hours!!!

The next step is to expand the downloaded zip file to an SD card. I had a 32gb SD card class 10 (as explained on the website), so I started the expansion.

13 hours later, it failed saying that one of the extracted files was the wrong size!!!!!!!

Downloader.exe would not expand to anything other than an SD card, I did try a usb drive with downloader.exe, but it would not accept the usb drive.

Knowing that my columbus had access to a usb port, i decided to try extracting the files my self, ie not through Downloader.exe, straight onto a usb HDD.

This was successful, and took about 20 minutes.

When I tried the update in the car, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Columbus found the new maps/software on my usb HDD, and installed it with no problem.

So my advise would be, don't bother with an SD card, extract to a usb drive and use that.

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on this site, I havnt seen it mentioned anywhere, and I did a lot of searching before having a go at POIs and map updates.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

@ibsmith04 Thanks for taking time to add that, and I’m glad the guide helped you out mate. The map update and downloaded.exe issue has been mentioned occasionally but it’s never a bad thing to keep people aware of it. There’s a link for the direct file download somewhere but I don’t know off the top of my head. Cheers. 

On 24/11/2017 at 15:52, Rainmaker said:

It's that time again. Rainmaker's decided to write another guide lol... These days speed cameras are everywhere, and even law abiding motorists will occasionally creep over the limit either through momentary inattention, a limit artificially too low for the road and conditions (making it easy to speed without realising) or for any number of reasons. This guide isn't here to debate the legitimacy or necessity (or lack thereof) of speed cameras and speed enforcement. The author has his own views, but they're irrelevant here. Either way, people on Briskoda often ask about whether it's possible to add speed camera locations to the Columbus unit, and if so - how? Here is your answer.

Acknowledgement and Introduction

First of all, none of this would have been possible without @BillyJim writing his original (wonderful) guide and translating some German for us. Since the time he wrote his original guide, however, several things have changed. You now need to use a different URL (website address) to access VW's POI site, and you also need to substitute their metainfo2.txt file with an older Skoda one for it to work (VW's site updates changed the file and broke compatibility with Skodas). I've tweaked and updated the guide, with step by step screen shots, to hopefully help out the new (or not so new) members who regularly ask about this. Note that although I used Windows to make this guide (we have Windows, Linux, MacOS and BSD machines in our house) the basics are the same across operating systems. If you have any individual queries (eg using Finder instead of Explorer, or using command line on *nix instead of a GUI) just ask away and I'll help you out.

So, without further ado, here we go:

Prerequisites

• A Skoda with a Columbus nav unit.
  • A subscription to PocketGPSWorld (£19.99 a year at the time of writing). Some other providers are available, some even free, but none even close to as good or as comprehensive. If you want to skimp and not do it properly, just use an app on your smartphone and save yourself the hassle.
  • A computer with a fairly modern(ish) operating system and browser.
  • A USB drive or SD card.

Terminology

Columbus: A sat nav / infotainment unit on some (higher end) Skoda cars

POI: A 'point of interest'. This is a programmable function on your Columbus which allows you to import marker posts for, well, points of interest. It can be banks, a brand of petrol station, or - helpfully - speed camera locations.

PocketGPSWorld: The best database of speed cameras, updated weekly. Hitherto shorthanded as PGPSW.

Gatso: A stationary speed camera, rear-facing (it snaps the back of your car as you drive away from it). Often - but not always - painted yellow.

Mobile: A classification of camera location on PGPSW. Known and verified 'hot spots' where police are known to site camera vans or traffic cars to use a hand held / mobile speed camera.

pMobile: A classification of camera location on PGPSW. Unverified (by PGPSW) 'hot spots' for mobile camera sites, submitted by the user community as and when they come across them. Due to the nature of 'mobile' it's obviously impossible to retrospectively confirm the sighting, but as mobile camera sites are often (usually?) reused by law enforcement, the community works on trust and adds these sites to the camera database. Subscribers have the option to include this category in their weekly database download, or not, depending on their preference. I recommend you use them.

Red light: A camera at ATS (traffic lights), used to detect people going through the light 'on red'. Nowadays often also combined with a speed camera. These combined red light / speed cameras are often called 'speed on green' cameras, and can be referred to as 'RedSpeed' cameras on PGPSW.

SPECS: Variable speed limit cameras. Contrary to seemingly popular belief, these don't actually snap your speed as you pass them and decide whether or not to issue a ticket. There will be one or more pairs of cameras through a variable speed limit zone (eg roadworks, variable limit 'smart' motorway). Some or all of these pairs will be 'live' and will be the ones doing the actual detection. Basically your reg is snapped at live camera 1, and again at live camera 2. Since speed = distance / time and the distance between the two cameras is known, it's easy to then work out your speed based on the two times you crossed the cameras in question. You can't slow down as you pass each camera and then speed up again, as so many seem to do on the motorways - you will get a ticket.

Getting the database

First go to the PGPSW website and log in. If you don't have a valid subscription create your account and then pay the £19.99 to access the camera database. Go to the blue 'Speed Cameras - Download Now!' tab across the top of the site, and then click 'Download speed cams' under the date at the top of the menu that appears. The date is the last camera database update, and they roll out every week.

You will need to go to the options just below the headers/menus across the top and choose your camera database. Set the 'Sat nav system' option to 'Other - CSV'. Then in the next box choose your camera type. We'll focus on UK here but you can grab whatever you like. Note that the Columbus has a POI limit. You can load as many into the unit as you want, but can only display half a dozen at a time. My preference is to get UK and EU cameras (two separate downloads), sorted ('consolidated by type'). That means you get a database listing gatso, mobile, pmobile, red light, SPECS cameras as separate entries on your Columbus unit, with different icons for each. This makes it easy to drive cross-country on back roads with the sat nav open and zoomed out, and be able to see at a glance what's coming up in the next mile or two camera wise. Because of the Columbus display limit it means you can only display UK -or- EU cameras doing it this way. That's no hardship though as you don't drive in the UK and the EU at the exact same time (yes, I know, but you know what I mean...). Switching them over takes seconds, so no hardship.

Your other option is to take the cameras as a single file. This means you'll get all UK (or EU, etc) camera sites but they aren't sorted by type. You'll simply know there's 'a camera' ahead, but not what it is. Your call. Once you've decided which database type you want, and set the two options, click Download to have your browser download the files to your PC (or Mac, or whatever).

1.png.8dca7173585d24ab70815990019fa978.png

One thing to note - and it's explained on the page at PGPSW - is that in France and Switzerland it's illegal to display 'speed camera locations'. You are allowed to display 'accident hot spots' though. Police do sometimes check, and if they find you with camera alerts, it's an on the spot fine! So for EU cameras, you have a specific tick box to choose to have those countries or not. Personally I tick them, but use a hazard icon instead of a camera icon for them... ;) More on that shortly.

2.png.3403eaa2c2bd94ff1bc573e289a94bb8.png

Once you have your file (or files), you need to extract them on your PC. They are in .zip (compressed) format. All modern operating systems understand this natively with no need for extra software. Windows Explorer, macOS Finder etc all understand 'zip'. You may also already have 7Zip, WinZIP, WinRAR or other archive software which does the job. Either way, right click your file(s) from PGPSW and choose 'Extract to [folder name]' and they will unzip into a new folder next to your original zipped download. You will see the new folder contains all the camera database files (CSV files) and some handy icons for the Columbus (BMP files). 

3.png.279bcbc0eefb7a91a2b6a2a8e11702ca.png

Converting the files so the Columbus understands them

Now we need to visit VW's website. Skoda has a POI page but it's very broken, has been forever, and they refuse to acknowledge it. It's German, but don't panic!

4.png.6b2651cffd3843df097f10d53e7f5e82.png

You can easily follow this guide as it's actually just a bit of button pushing. Google Chrome browser will actually offer to automatically translate the page for you,

5.png.42a43613460a0025ecd7826bbd62b4cb.png

so if you use that you're golden. If not just follow my pictures.

6.png.0499a290dcb590b19c9bb7feda67a11b.png

Now to the business end of things. Click the button on the left (Read in other POI categories). It will open a box that allows you to upload your database and image file(s).

7.png.bcb912b8444c8c4b952d95880ad8d7b1.png

Click the top 'Choose File' button and choose your UK camera CSV file. If you have - like me - chosen multiple database files 'consolidated by type' then start with the Gatso file (it's the first one in your file chooser window).

After choosing the CSV file, make sure you tick the box underneath to 'Inform when approaching these POIs' if you want the Columbus to beep as you approach a camera! It's actually a bit useless in a way, as it will beep for a camera on either side of the road (Columbus doesn't support directional functionality) and it can beep rather close to them giving limited - though still very workable - time to slow down on approach. Still, better to have it than not imho. Your call again.

Assign a category name. I use 'Speed cameras (UK or EU) - Gatso (or SPECS etc)'. 

Click 'Choose File' under Load map icon' at the bottom of the box, and now choose the right icon file. This will be gatso.bmp for the Gatso database and so on. If you have a single camera database just use the provided camera icon, or else the 'hazard' warning triangle I have attached here (especially for those pesky French and Swiss 'accident blackspots'! ;)). You're done - or at least for this one if you have multiple databases/camera types to add to the list.

8.png.55561fa89d018ce070a7661e09d69f97.png

Repeat the steps above for any other database files you may have (camera types, different countries etc) until you have all your desired POIs listed on the site, like this:

9.png.7ff6a07362c9918c48c53840b7b3003c.png

Now click the orange button on the bottom right to 'Save POI collection'. A box will pop up in German giving you a default file name, and the chance to change the text before you save the file. I just leave it as default but you can change it if you wish. Either way, when you're ready just press the button at the bottom right to proceed. 

10.png.fb939f067585cde4f3f1e16de7f74efb.png

Another final pop up confirming your file will download. Just click the button on the right to continue to the download.

11.png.4be584f283994b904edd90fc115e5a5c.png

Now your browser will download the converted Columbus friendly POI files. This only takes a moment or two as they're actually very small files. The format is one text file called metainfo2.txt and a folder called PersonalPOI. You need to delete the metainfo2.txt file, as it's designed for VW cars and won't work on your Columbus. Your attempts to add them would just fail. Once you have deleted that metainfo2 text file, you can substitute the Skoda friendly one at the bottom of this post in its place. Just click it to download, and put it next to (NOT INSIDE!) the PersonalPOI folder. You can now copy these two items (metainfo2.txt and the PersonalPOI folder) to a blank USB drive or SD card, plug them into your car, and upload to the Columbus. Your USB drive or SD Card can be in many formats, but FAT32 and NTFS both work OK.

12.png.d929cd6f198b812c0c17f11b28ee102b.png

Adding (or updating) the POI in Columbus

Finally just plug the USB or SD card into the car. Start the Columbus unit (or turn on the ignition). Go to Nav and click the Settings cog.

IMG_1969.png.fec8784dcdf799f882267b5933508c0b.png

Go to Version Information and press the Update button.

IMG_1970.png.8d8536002dc8a3d6e2d6d9aad37fd3de.png

The car will search and find your files on the USB / SD card and load them onto the unit for you to decide whether to use the update or not. We want to do just that.

IMG_1971.png.7d94d8599dd2a95c53829fcb511cfd74.png

IMG_1972.png.eb84de07aacd4491a8aa9fe559175836.png

Ignore the date (it will quite possibly be wrong sometimes, but it won't affect your POI upload or the fact the camera database is up to date). Just click Next.

IMG_1973.png.1a467f51514277966498050269720237.png

IMG_1974.png.c5382cc17a1c31cd5f0afeeb3b6d0482.png

IMG_1975.png.b70b61081590a161b7bf8aaff8c40b8c.png

Once it's finished (this will take a moment or two) click OK.

You can then go back into the nav settings cog and click Map, and tick the box to show POIs.

IMG_1976.png.2a3dbcd310b0f208232a70d91661859c.png

Next click 'Select categories for POIs' and tick the relevant camera POIs to be displayed on your Columbus. For example in the UK choose your single UK cameras POI, or all the separate UK camera POIs as necessary. Then you're done! :)

IMG_1977.png.bf7b71006f1f92f5b8a60e355c09e604.png

Use the back arrows to get back to the main nav screen (basically going through the above menu process in reverse). Your POIs may not show immediately - don't worry if that's the case! They will show up shortly, and may even need the ignition cycling and a short wait before they're all parsed and loaded. They will load though, as long as you've followed the above steps. 

IMG_1978.png.32130787aaae7dfb320cee9ada722dab.png

Please note that if you also use other custom POI categories (a favourite fuel brand not already included in Columbus' defaults, camp sites / caravan parks, a supermarket chain, whatever) then these will need to be re-added with each update, as well as the speed camera POI files. Essentially, Columbus wipes the entire custom POI dataset and overwrites it with your 'new' data each time you run an update. So, you can't just update the speed cameras as you'll 'lose' the other POIs when you do. As such you'd need to also re-add your other POI category/categories in with your weekly camera update files. 

That's about it. If you have any questions or problems, just post below. Have fun, and drive safe!

CLICK THE BELOW METAINFO2.TXT LINK TO GET THE NECESSARY REPLACEMENT TEXT FILE, AND THE HAZARD WARNING ICON IF YOU WANT FRENCH AND SWISS CAMERAS FOR EU DRIVING.

metainfo2.txt

speed_camera_warning.png

Hi Rainmaker 

great guide! 

We have a Skoda Columbus system and a VW one in my wife’s golf. Am I correct in thinking that for the golf we just leave metainfo2.txt  in place ? And do the process twice? 

Also what size sd card will I need? 

Just subscribed to pocketgps so once my payment is confirmed I can download the files. 

2 hours ago, kevin defty said:

Hi Rainmaker 

great guide! 

We have a Skoda Columbus system and a VW one in my wife’s golf. Am I correct in thinking that for the golf we just leave metainfo2.txt  in place ? And do the process twice? 

Also what size sd card will I need? 

Just subscribed to pocketgps so once my payment is confirmed I can download the files. 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the kind words. Would you do me a huge favour and edit your post to remove the (massive) quote of my OP, pretty please? I promise I won't delete it. :D  Yes, just leave the metainfo2.txt for the Golf and you should be good to go. Any decent SD card (or better yet, USB key/drive) will do. Format it (even if it's new) into FAT32, exFAT or NTFS before you copy the files over. If at first you don't succeed, re-format into a different one of the three and try again. Columbus can apparently be fickle - some users have even reported formatting to FAT32, having the update fail, then re-formatting the exact same card/drive to FAT32 again... and it worked. I've  not encountered that (that I can recall) but it's worth bearing in mind.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Hi Rainmaker 

Brilliant Guide

Just got my L&K 150 DSG this week and thought I would have ago at these but must admit I was unsuccessful trying to do it  with the SD or USB it just kept failing then I saw the post from mr.nik and luckily mine as the LTE internet capability so I tried it through the Skoda Connect Portal and it worked straight away with no problems, only thing is not sure if it will have the warning on approach or change the icon for France. Will try it next week when I travel through on route to Belgium. 

Thanks 

Steve

• Like 1

On 10/03/2018 at 19:19, stecon29 said:

Hi Rainmaker 

Brilliant Guide

Just got my L&K 150 DSG this week and thought I would have ago at these but must admit I was unsuccessful trying to do it  with the SD or USB it just kept failing then I saw the post from mr.nik and luckily mine as the LTE internet capability so I tried it through the Skoda Connect Portal and it worked straight away with no problems, only thing is not sure if it will have the warning on approach or change the icon for France. Will try it next week when I travel through on route to Belgium. 

Thanks 

Steve

It doesnt change the icon in France loading the through Skoda Connect but it works

On 13/03/2018 at 21:35, Rainmaker said:

Some new high quality icons added to the OP, for those who wish to use them. They look very smart on the Columbus, and are higher res than the PGPSW ones. :thumbup:

Where do we get these from, also Rainmaker I have noticed on mine that I get the Shell, Esso & Total icons for filling stations but all others are just the pump icon would love to have the BP ones (actively collecting nectar points) as well as others I have seen them on the speed camera download site and tried but can't seem to get them to work any advise 

Cheers

The new image files are right at the bottom of the OP. If you can't see them try refreshing the page.

You can add the free POIs (shops, garages etc) in exactly the same way as the speed cameras in the OP, @stecon29. Go to PGPSW, then on the Free Downloads tab click 'Download FREE POIs'. Select UK (if it isn't already), and then under 'Select SatNav System' choose 'CSV (Garmin, Satmap etc)'. Next, expand the menu/entry for Fuel and tick the BP box. Scroll down to step 5 to click the 'Download' button. Then proceed exactly as in the OP, except you perhaps might not wish to have Columbus beep at you every time one is nearby. You can get a BP image from Google Images, like this:

BP_Helios_logo.svg

1200px-BP_Helios_logo.thumb.png.9ffa4928ad464ac83c4e2084940bbf7f.png

On 3/13/2018 at 21:35, Rainmaker said:

Some new high quality icons added to the OP, for those who wish to use them. They look very smart on the Columbus, and are higher res than the PGPSW ones. :thumbup:

Thanks for adding these new icons.

Strange thing happened though when I put them into my Columbus.

All the new icons show up when I select the category to add the POI's but on the map itself the Mobile POI's have reverted to the old pgpsw icon.

The Gatso, Redlight and Specs icons are fine.

I thought initially I had just put in the wrong .bmp image but that would not explain the new correct Mobile icon appearing in the "Select Categories" window.

Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, Hozz said:

Thanks for adding these new icons.

Strange thing happened though when I put them into my Columbus.

All the new icons show up when I select the category to add the POI's but on the map itself the Mobile POI's have reverted to the old pgpsw icon.

The Gatso, Redlight and Specs icons are fine.

I thought initially I had just put in the wrong .bmp image but that would not explain the new correct Mobile icon appearing in the "Select Categories" window.

Any suggestions?

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me. I could only conclude they were held in a cache for your previously used areas. For example if I looked around my local area, where I usually drive, I had older PGPSW mobile icons. If I zoomed out across the UK they turned into the 'new' icons (as the Columbus had never displayed icons on that part of the map before now). After an engine restart or two they all change over, just give it some time. It's a quirk, for sure, but not a fault per se and they will eventually be replaced. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2017 at 11:11, jimcallaghan said:

Fair point well made. Ta. I'm gonna give it a stab. 

Will let you know how I get on.

EDIT: Tried it and failed. Columbus searches for updates.

I popped in the SD and screen said 'update available'
Set it off to do the update, searched for ages

Error: No data available. Please insert a software source with software update.

Been through each step carefully. Shame that - would be handy.

Ta.

On 15/02/2018 at 20:48, NellyBongo said:

Hey Rainmaker,

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the effort in creating this guide.  Much appreciated!!

Neil 

Hi I’ve had the same problem and got the same error message. However, when I go into media it says software update available on the usb stick. Any ideas how to solve this? Also, the only metainfo text file I can find on this page to download refers to French and Swiss and not Skoda. Is this the correct file to copy? Many thanks

6 hours ago, Nuttymonk said:

Hi I’ve had the same problem and got the same error message. However, when I go into media it says software update available on the usb stick. Any ideas how to solve this? Also, the only metainfo text file I can find on this page to download refers to French and Swiss and not Skoda. Is this the correct file to copy? Many thanks

Welcome to the forum, @Nuttymonk

The text file you need is the only one linked (as far as I recall) in the OP. Here it is, highlighted with an arrow for clarity:

5ac196a9c54be_ScreenShot2018-04-02at03_26_25.png.3f54a1272712bf5bacd965a70e00531c.png

The guy you quoted fixed his issue in the end by trying a different USB stick and/or reformatting the stick again. As per the guide in the OP, try re-formatting the stick (i.e. wiping it completely) to FAT32, NTFS or exFAT (and try the others if one fails). Try a different stick altogether also. It sounds like your issue is the metainfo2.txt file being either missing or incorrect, however; so try fixing that first.

As said, you can download the correct file in the OP (and replace the one provided by the VW site when you follow the guide). Alternatively, the contents of the correct file are enclosed in the following code tags, should you wish to make a file called metainfo2.txt of your own. As you can see, there's nothing about French or Swiss in it, so it would appear you've not got the correct files on the drive. That would explain the failure to update.

#################################################################################
#   
# This is the description file for the Software Update of Volkswagen components
#
#################################################################################

[common]
Vendor = "Volkswagen"
Variant = "FM?-H-*-*-*"
Variant2 = "17206"
Variant3 = "17207"
Variant4 = "37206"
Variant5 = "37207"
Variant6 = "47203"
Variant7 = "47204"
Variant8 = "17216"
Variant9 = "17217"
Variant10 = "37212"
Variant11 = "37213"
Variant12 = "47208"
Variant13 = "47209"
Variant14 = "17212"
Variant15 = "37208"
Variant16 = "47205"
Variant17 = "17222"
Variant18 = "47210"
Variant19 = "17224"
Variant20 = "37214"
Variant21 = "17210"
Variant22 = "17220"
Variant23 = "17245"
Variant24 = "17246"
Variant25 = "17250"
Variant26 = "17251"
Region = "Europe"
Region2 = "RoW"
Region3 = "USA"
MetafileChecksum = "b20f614100bc7a34e2c33426b500eaa3c45d2aa5"

[common_Release_1]
Name = "MIB 2 High Personal POI"
Path = "./PersonalPOI/MIB2HIGH"
Variant = "FM?-H-*-*-*"
Region = "Europe"
Region2 = "RoW"
Region3 = "USA"

[common_Release_2]
Name = "MIB 2 Standard Delphi Personal POI"
Path = "./PersonalPOI/MIB2DE"
Variant = "17245"
Variant2 = "17246"
Variant3 = "17250"
Variant4 = "17251"
Region = "Europe"
Region2 = "RoW"
Region3 = "USA"

[common_Release_3]
Name = "MIB 2 Standard TechniSat Personal POI"
Path = "./PersonalPOI/MIB2TSD"
Variant = "17206"
Variant2 = "17207"
Variant3 = "37206"
Variant4 = "37207"
Variant5 = "47203"
Variant6 = "47204"
Variant7 = "17216"
Variant8 = "17217"
Variant9 = "37212"
Variant10 = "37213"
Variant11 = "47208"
Variant12 = "47209"
Variant13 = "17212"
Variant14 = "37208"
Variant15 = "47205"
Variant16 = "17222"
Variant17 = "47210"
Variant18 = "17224"
Variant19 = "37214"
Variant20 = "17210"
Variant21 = "17220"
Region = "Europe"
Region2 = "RoW"
Region3 = "USA"

[Signature]
signature1 = "9880af1b5d5456de15affd708b3b74b2"
signature2 = "3cf0dbe1d0baf902e43229a07cfb9281"
signature3 = "3c76dea04775d174ac4f937445ae538b"
signature4 = "84d056d12279144f13341a7ccec3a7a2"
signature5 = "39120b41cbf137351aa6a08c732b3521"
signature6 = "5a224666234d8700e6c46bf2a943452c"
signature7 = "b06daa662fc8d9a1aee981c0a5df7c1a"
signature8 = "4bcd566ead66604069d58ab0a9f77d14"

Hi.

I'm still having trouble. I can get the speed cameras on to my skoda suberb (2018 model with Columbus sat nav) now either by sd card or skoda connect. However, the speed cameras do not appear on map. I've tried going to navigation, settings maps but it doesn't give me the option to select categories. 

If i go into POi, and my poi the speed cameras are there but i cannot choose them all. I can only choose them as a destination or store

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Nuttymonk said:

Hi.

I'm still having trouble. I can get the speed cameras on to my skoda suberb (2018 model with Columbus sat nav) now either by sd card or skoda connect. However, the speed cameras do not appear on map. I've tried going to navigation, settings maps but it doesn't give me the option to select categories. 

If i go into POi, and my poi the speed cameras are there but i cannot choose them all. I can only choose them as a destination or store

Any ideas?

Do you have the new Columbus with the on-screen touch sensitive 'buttons', or the older Columbus with physical buttons? You should be able to just go into the map settings, select POI categories,  and select the cameras. They do take a while to show up on the map (usually an engine restart or two) but once they're there, they stay. I have no experience of the newer Columbus, however. Be aware also, you can only select a limited number of POIs to display on the map. It's around 8, iirc. As such you'll need to only select UK cameras or EU cameras, for example. Assuming, that is, you have cameras separated by category (i.e. gatso, red light etc).

@Nuttymonk - same trouble here. I have the new all glass Columbus. Loaded the cameras via skoda connect online. That all works, but the cameras seem to show up randomly. I figured when it was  only a specific zoom level (I have auto zoom set, so the zoom is always changing) but frankly I have not figured out yet when or why they show / don’t show. 

Also with this method there seems to be no way to get an alert when you get near. :-/ 

On 4/7/2018 at 17:06, Nuttymonk said:

Hi.

Any ideas?

How many POIs have you already got displayed?

I found that you can only get a certain number of POIs to display on the map and to get the camera POIs to display I had to deselect some other POIs in the options screen.

On 07/04/2018 at 17:16, Nuttymonk said:

I have the new on screen touch sensitive. I've only put the uk cameras on. Will you be releasing a update for this sat nav model or should this current method work?