What annoyed you today?

Aspman

What annoyed me today - when posting a reply or quote on briskoda.net the huge delay (several seconds) between clicking on "Submit Reply" while the "Saving" message is shown.

This happens with Firefox and Safari on PC & MacBook, it didn't used to be this slow?

On 17/08/2018 at 20:45, Jfhuk said:

Idiot mother and son in a red A series Mercedes in Eton who drove on the wrong side of the road and expected us to find some way to get out of their way. Yes we have a reverse gear and know how to use it whilst you threaten us with violence. Thames Valley Police have our video of you’re behaviour.

I've had same experience. The narrow village High Street is packed with parked cars on Saturday mornings, with a few spaces here and there. I was planning to pull into one, having seen a car coming towards me. Very aggressive person keeps coming on so fast that I cannot reach the space before she is facing me bumper to bumper, blowing the horn and waving her fist.  It almost counts as 'driving without care and attention' not to realise that I would have been able to pull in to that space if she had slowed up a bit.

1 hour ago, SWBoy said:

What annoyed me today - when posting a reply or quote on briskoda.net the huge delay (several seconds) between clicking on "Submit Reply" while the "Saving" message is shown.

This happens with Firefox and Safari on PC & MacBook, it didn't used to be this slow?

Havnt had that problem on android chrome. 

But, ive noticed firefox is gone to pot the last few updates... as in shockingly slow and glitchy..

• 3 weeks later...

Friday - being told 2kids and a teacher gone home puking from my sons playschool class.

Saturday - my son puking into his breakfast at 730am. His bedroom at 815am. Then not puking again all day, living on toast.

Saturday evening - son much improved after sleep. Go to Aldi, bring him to get out of the house (he gets really hacked off if stuck indoors all day). No problems going to or in Aldi. Pukes all over himself 1/2 mile from getting home again..his carseat and my car backseat destroyed.. spent most of the night cleaning it all up.

Sunday - fitted new sink in bathroom, no issues. Tiny weep from waste outlet seal at 11pm.

Monday - leave house for work in nasty drizzle. Realise all car windows still open from airing it out on Sunday... drive to work sitting in a towel with heater on full to dry seats off.

Get to work, sit at desk, make dozens of phone calls to catchup on being on nights last week. Stomach feels manky.. head home at lunchtime, dont want to spread the dose around office, feeling like im gonna puke..   stuck behind a bint in a juke (i call them pukes, ironically) on her phone the whole way home, bumbling along at 70-85kmh on 100kph roads, drifting side to side the whole time,and no chance to overtake her.

Im now in bed, having crawled unto it and passed out when i got home, thankfully without puking. Hoping the cuppa tea i drank stays down... my head is lifting from caffeine shortage.. couldnt risk drinking anything in work... figured id throw up if i did... :(

Having to get up every two hours last night and syringe feed one of our pet rabbits who was suffering from life threatening GI-Stasis.  Fortunately it seems to have worked and he seems to be recovering - so it was worth it...

• Like 3

Was on my lunch break, i usually have a 5 min walk from work to the shopping park to go and buy lunch

Today I drove there as it was windy, parked my car and went into tesco, got lunch and walked back to work.

Then it was time to go home, I clocked out, walked out of work to see that my car wasnt there, I then realised that my car has been parked up at the tesco parking lot for over 4 hours

I have a problem team member at work. She does not want to be here but can't afford to retire. So she has no qualms about being a royal PITA to everyone around her.

As her manager I've come in for particular ire. Everytime we need to make a change in the team (change how we do something maybe do a bit more as is the way these days) here immediate reaction is to instigate every HR process she can to stop this. Meaning a lot of work for me every time. Now she's started throwing out accusation about me (sexist, ageist, misogynist)  in meeting whenever I refuse to give grounds to her. Now she's started making upstuff about how she is managed.

All of the allegations from her are false and provably false btw.

So I got to the point on Friday, after the last email to another manager in the workplace with more false allegations ,where I felt I needed to start a grievance process to defend my integrity at work. and the worry I was starting to look guilty by not defending myself.

I phone HR on Monday and am told  that since I'm a manager I'm not entitled to start a grievance process. I just have to 'manager' her. Mentioning the false allegations I'm told "you should tell her to stop". when I say this really isn't acceptable to me I'm told "well you're a manager so you just need to manage it".

So I went to my manager and told him that without swift resolution he'll get my resignation. 

I'd rather have not done this I quite like the rest of my job but if I'm told I just have to put up with this for months or years then I'm off.

Fortunately I'm financially in a position to not be bluffing and in a role that there is a shortage of.

I'd rather not leave the organisation in the lurch but I've had enough :@

• Sad 4

Being lucky wnough to be able to walk away if you want is great.

Being made to feel a need to potentially do it is not on. Manager or not, you should be getting support from the company if an employee is making false accusations against you and they should be dealing with the situation, not just telling you "manage your team yourself"..

My +1 and +2 are trying to step up but are being hamstrung themselves by HR who will only follow their very slow long winded processes. This seems to involve me closely monitoring this individual for 6 months (their are low level but extended behavioural issues), before using that evidence to move them onto a 6-12 month formal process and finally picking them up when they are unable to change their behaviour. I have a team of 5 and now all 4 others have raisd issues about this other individual but informally and best described as low level bitching. However this has gone on for years and like Chinese water torture is finally grinding everyone down.

My +1 and +2 have said that HR are unwilling to progress any faster strategy. I've said that although I understand this, the situation remains intolerable to me and although there may be nothing the business is willing to do I can remove myself from the situation. If I went I would leave a large, expensive and difficult to fill role (basically they can't afford to recruit someone as qualified as me back into the role).

I have very good relations with my +1 and +2 so I wouldn't seek to cause them issues since I genuinely believe they are doing what they can.

My +1 asked for some time before I do anything. So I've agreed to mid October since I'll be pretty much off on holiday the first two weeks.

They've also removed me from the endless review process the individual keeps repeating.

Edited by Aspman

Someone I once regarded as a close friend, who unfortunately is also a colleague & HR Manager, has been giving me the Cold shoulder since July. Now this individual has the joy of delaying the payment of Expenses back to me. (Company policy is to pay out on personal Credit Card etc, then claim back). If they dont pay it back soon ill incur interest on the Credit Card which isnt covered by company policy...

Currently i am massively out of pocket this month, without two pence to rub together.

They have also blocked me on social media etc after i politely declined their "birthday night out" invite.... because i am skint this month!

Edited by Taylor93
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday...

Having it pointed out by a colleague that the reason my radio signal on work van went to ****e end of last  week wasnt atmospheric due to Callum - it was because some little scrote nicked the antenna off the roof while i was walking a work site. :finger:

Little toerag ******.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Why is everything connected to schools so bloody confusing and convoluted.

Book fair at school. Kid wants book. Fine. Books are good.

Get instructions from school. Pay with cheque (fecking cheques, only schools still use checks).

Or order online and deliver to school

Go online, make account. Company assume I'm a teacher.

Undo that, find book, two prices, normal or 'school rewards'. School rewards assumes I'm a teacher again.

Go to normal. Delivery to school not an option :@

Waiting for tomorrow. Down to Essex to let the guys at AmD play with my Octavia. Hoping for some big numbers and a deeper rumble from the new stainless exhaust system. Patience is a virtue they say but been waiting nearly 2 months for the big day so wish it would hurry up and arrive.:devil:

• 4 weeks later...

Decided on the new layout for the walkin wardrobe. Designed on Ikea designer thingy last weekend.

€84 for delivery! Fk that, going up tomorrow solo to collect it.

Take out car seat this evening, drop the back seats etc and throw measuring tape up the car... caught for 4inches on the bloody box fitting through the cabin in a way id be comfortable driving 2hrs beside on the motorway.

And why.... because the frigging head rests dont seem to come out of the inshi7nias seats. I reckon id got them into the octy!

So, increasing the order, need some other bits n bobs and paying the goddamn shipping charge