What annoyed you today?

Aspman

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Was in a petrol station along the A70 today, was putting fuel in then I looked at the cost... £1.60 a litre for Super (I lifted the wrong one at the pump). :o

I'm not happy. 

doh-homer.gif.b3fe907332fd0e941d6205ae1f190a61.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Was in a petrol station along the A70 today, was putting fuel in then I looked at the cost... £1.60 a litre for Super (I lifted the wrong one at the pump). :o

I'm not happy. 

You’ll probably get more mpg, and will be better for your engine as Super unleaded has less or in some cases none of the dreaded ethanol in it.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

You’ll probably get more mpg, and will be better for your engine as Super unleaded has less or in some cases none of the dreaded ethanol in it.

I'll wait and see. Wasn't much different from usual so far. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

Or maybe the higher octane will make no difference.

There are older cars that are loving the possible extra 5% ethanol that 95 ron Unleaded might have now, but might not as it is Winter time and this is Scotland and even 95 ron unleaded can exceed that. 

The Morrisons 97 Ron did sweet **** all in my experience. It's only the 1.4 16v Mk1s that are officially "prescribed" high octane over conventional petrol :)

• Thanks 1

Not today but yesterday. Following a car on an A road, who was driving at ~30mph onthe twisty bits and braking when cars come the other way. Followed waiting for a safe opportunity to overtake. Finally reached a nice straight bit with no traffic coming, what do they do as I start to accelerate. On goes the left indicator, and sharp braking into the side of the road. No help whatsoever, making the overtake a lot more difficult than it would have been.

• Like 2

i ha e been driving for a grand total of 15mins in the last 36hrs. 

i have been nearly t-boned 3 times by dip****s who nearly drove straight into me because they werent going to bother stopping at roundabouts i was already on, 

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

i have been nearly t-boned 3 times by dip****s who nearly drove straight into me because they werent going to bother stopping at roundabouts i was already on, 

I had that happen to me yesterday and I was so ****ed off I went and got a dashcam to cover my ass when I inevitably get caught up in something stupid.

• Like 2

Irresponsible dog owners. 

An off lead sproodle has just flattened our 13½ year old Border Terrier causing him to vomit (which probably means he's lost this morning's cushings meds...)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Crying 1

21 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Such a high percentage of drivers appear to believe they have 'right of way' if they are going 'straight on' over roundabout🤬

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

I had that happen to me yesterday and I was so ****ed off I went and got a dashcam to cover my ass when I inevitably get caught up in something stupid.

A Dashcam is a must these days.

I wouldn't drive without one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mandp said:

A Dashcam is a must these days.

I wouldn't drive without one.

I've got one that does front and back that's all ready to go but I can't get it to work quite yet - I'll worry about that later methinks. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've got one that does front and back that's all ready to go but I can't get it to work quite yet - I'll worry about that later methinks. :)

Well done you.

I'd recommend that between now and when you do get it working...take extra care out there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mandp said:

I'd recommend that between now and when you do get it working...take extra care out there!

Of course. I had to replace my old one since it wasn't recording even after formatting meaning I had missed out on reviewing a near miss.

• Like 1

Funny my leaving cert project was on dashcams, think my project was all about making one stealthy.

I think I've this one done  stealthy enough, 20211231_171932.thumb.jpg.b4b865046158546be8fed619b11da07c.jpg20211231_171940.thumb.jpg.83b4f9c3dc49e46cc73fc952bbe7326d.jpg

Ran the wires up the A pillar and in behind the headliner.

20211230_120338.thumb.jpg.7473b5fcdbec31a592786d2526ac7177.jpg

Just wired in another cigarette lighter behind the dash and used it.

Pretty pleased with it, not happy that I felt pushed to put one in because people forget how roundabouts work but anyways.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Funny my leaving cert project was on dashcams, think my project was all about making one stealthy.

I think I've this one done  stealthy enough, 20211231_171932.thumb.jpg.b4b865046158546be8fed619b11da07c.jpg20211231_171940.thumb.jpg.83b4f9c3dc49e46cc73fc952bbe7326d.jpg

Ran the wires up the A pillar and in behind the headliner.

20211230_120338.thumb.jpg.7473b5fcdbec31a592786d2526ac7177.jpg

Just wired in another cigarette lighter behind the dash and used it.

Pretty pleased with it, not happy that I felt pushed to put one in because people forget how roundabouts work but anyways.

I'll bring my motor over so you can fit mine, DM. :D

• Like 1

Just now, DieselMonte said:

10 euro wire stripper from lidl was hands down one of the best investments I've made. Makes this wiring malarky so much easier.

I've got an old RS one that does the job from when I was doing my model railway. I'll need to look it out. Thank you though. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cakemonster said:

Irresponsible dog owners. 

An off lead sproodle has just flattened our 13½ year old Border Terrier causing him to vomit (which probably means he's lost this morning's cushings meds...)

Well, that escalated... had to to take the lad to the vet's (out of hours, New Year's Eve...) and come back with pain meds and an injection. Seems the other dog had tweaked our dog's back. 🤬🤬

And a £220 bill.

2022 got to be better than 2020/21 - right????

• Crying 2