What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Wandering round the supermarket and decided to get some olives (you know, the ones with herbs or bits of cheese or chilli with them). Nice! Or so I thought...

BUT, why oh why, do they put Olives in Sunflower oil? Surely, Olives come with Olive oil.

Grrr...

• Like 2

Hospital appointment letter for a MRI scan, when I had told my GP there was zero chance of me having an MRI after having to abort a previous one, so he said an endoscope inspection would be requested. Phoned hospital and they are saying only an MRI would be suitable, I told them the only way they'll get me inside that "sewer pipe of hell" was under full anesthetic but that isn't possible apparently so left it with them to arrange for the endoscope that was originally requested 

• Sad 4

30 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Soon they might have to be bought in rape seed oil to get them at an affordable price.  

oh ‘eck! That’ll play merry hell with the flavour…

Edited by sneal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nige8021 said:

But is it 502 or 507 spec 🤣🤣

the way the market is going it may well get branded as both ;)

That bloody BIM Portal again...

You'l remember this...

Well after doing battle with stuff and getting it sorted we amended all the status and revisions on all documents (9 No. comprising many hundreds of pages)  and drawings (24 No.) again and uploaded them all last week to the EXACT folder we were told to use, all in time for a planning application to go in today...   This morning I get an email saying they are in the wrong folder and they need to be uploaded or moved to a different folder!

So I tried moving them but someone has already tried that with the wrong, superseded out of date files (which, according to the BIM Portal Police have to have the same file name regardless - meaning I can't move the correct ones!).

In the end I though bugger this, made a 'terse' phone call and got those that cocked up in the first place by giving us the wrong folder references to do it!

Anyhow I've calmed down now and checked and the correct info is now in the correct place - only it's too big to send to the planning authority who have a 10Mb file size limit...   and no one thought to check or let us know...   so I'm now reducing and compressing stuff.

This has all been 'managed' (loose term!) by a major American owned infrastructure consulting firm who are a competitor ours...   Talk about a **** up in a brewery...   but it possibly helps explains why some engineering projects go majorly wrong!

Oh well, Covid finally caught up again :(
I've now had Delta (at the start of the pandemic) and Omicron (at the tail end). Does that qualify me for a Blue Peter badge?

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Oh well, Covid finally caught up again 😞
I've now had Delta (at the start of the pandemic) and Omicron (at the tail end). Does that qualify me for a Blue Peter badge?

i think you have to get all 3 stickers to get the badge...

one ofmy colleagues has his form dent away for his.

edit (hes had it 3 times, hospitalised once)

Edited by mac11irl

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

i think you have to get all 3 stickers to get the badge...

At least the third sticker isn't for monkeypox!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

At least the third sticker isn't for monkeypox!

thats the 2022 panini sticker album :D

• Haha 1

On 31/05/2022 at 13:09, sneal said:

Wandering round the supermarket and decided to get some olives (you know, the ones with herbs or bits of cheese or chilli with them). Nice! Or so I thought...

BUT, why oh why, do they put Olives in Sunflower oil? Surely, Olives come with Olive oil.

Grrr...

Until a certain country conducted an SMO it was cheaper and has the advantage of not turning into a wax at fridge temperatures 

Eldest has just been diagnosed with shingles...   Which is the last thing she needs in the middle of doing her A levels...

• Sad 7
  • Crying 1

17 hours ago, skomaz said:

Eldest has just been diagnosed with shingles...   Which is the last thing she needs in the middle of doing her A levels...

Related to exam stress, perhaps?

25 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Related to exam stress, perhaps?

Yep looks that way...   It is the first proper exams her year has done due to tha Pandemic and she's aiming for good grades to try and get a bursary as well as her Uni place ..   Just hoping we're not into a vicious circle...

On 31/05/2022 at 13:09, sneal said:

why oh why, do they put Olives in Sunflower oil? Surely, Olives come with Olive oil.

Given that a large proportion of sunflower oil production came from Russia or Ukraine I guess good old olive oil could make a comeback :)

• Like 1

Distracted inattentive a-holes in supermarket carparks!  I've just managed to get the insurance claim sorted for my car's scrape-and-run damage before Xmas in Moggison's car park when yesterday a complete dozy idiot (who admitted he was watching a speeding car in an adjacent lane) stern-ended my wife's car.  He even had the gall to swear at my wife for having the nerve to be in his way when he wasn't looking!

We've suffered a scraped bumper plastic (I can probably rescue it with buffing and a light respray) and a buckled tailgate.  It closes, locks and seals OK but there's no way I can see to "un-dent" it 😞  His Peugeot 308 now has a serious black eye (foglight crushed and pushed back under the wing, miscellaneous plastics damage).  Not safely driveable but that didn't stop him!

BTW this a one-eyed 308 ...

image.png.4afdef95ac7e11f6f3a9ceb5fc57f3b1.png

Anyone have a Silver Grey (looks light blue metallic) mk2 Octavia estate tailgate going spare?  Our poorly one shown for colour:

image.png.51a7874a4470f2e28ae898fe3a685f71.png

Edited by MikeTheThinker
more info
  • Sad 4

49 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Anyone have a Silver Grey (looks light blue metallic) mk2 Octavia estate tailgate going spare?  Our poorly one shown for colour:

What's the paint code? I'll have a nosey as to what I can find. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

What's the paint code? I'll have a nosey as to what I can find.

Silver Grey 9154. Ta!

• Like 1