Today, I've fallen in love, with this............

6 minutes ago, Coops said:

Ultra Sexy, Orgasm on wheels, but not a full climax, you get my drift......yes ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

This with change for a service or two

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710190463606

media?id=872bd1d3294a42d8b2aaacbdad50f01

TBH I'm waiting on the novelty of the mustang to drop then the prices will tank.

Pick one up cheap and stick on a Roush 700hp kit.

• Thanks 1

Mustang is lovely, but i agree with @Aspman novelty factor of RHD will bite in major depreciation. 

Also i reckon most sales are gonna be 2.3 ecoboosts.. fuel consumption on 5.0l v8 will put people off. And it will be a magnet for ne'erdowells...

6 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

www.ford.co.uk

I had a sit in one today and I'm in love :heart:  5ltr V8

Is it worth £38K..............

Oooh is the new face-lift version here already? It should have the 4 tailpipes and sound like the end of the world in track mode :)

I've just had a look at the pictures of the one in your link and that's the old model. You need the new model, it is so much more 'Mustang'. Have a youtube for the exhaust sound and I reckon it will sell you on the sound alone.

Edited by Lady Elanore

Auto Express had a review last week (issue 1500). IIRC Ford reckon the ecoboost will be the most popular in the UK, but there will be a drop in power (detuned)  over the US version. 

There are a few RHD drive versions around here, but when one was queuing next to a Jag F Type V8, it was the Jag that was getting all of the attention. 

I'd rather have  one from the 60's.

Yes it is easily worth 38k and looking at autotrader they are not really depreciating much here.

I drove a V8 GT Premium coupe (very similar to UK spec) for nearly 3 months and never got the grin off my face the whole time.

I tried the others too. The Ecoboost is crap and so is the convertible. The V6 was OK but Britain didn't get it.

That Alfa doesn't review well either.

Edited by camelspyyder

2 hours ago, Fin69 said:

There are a few RHD drive versions around here, but when one was queuing next to a Jag F Type V8, it was the Jag that was getting all of the attention. 

You'd hope the Jag would be a better car -  mid range F type are over 60k new, V8 start at 90k+

A 60's Mustang would be cool, but LHD and sunny days only.  The modern one can be driven every day.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:03, Auric Goldfinger said:

www.ford.co.uk

Old models being discounted to shift stock?

Latest :

Edited by vrskeith

On 11/28/2017 at 20:03, Auric Goldfinger said:

www.ford.co.uk

For a moment, I thought AG had managed to get in the driving seat of one of the Japanese bullet trains, till I spotted the giveaway "FORD", ( = Found On Road Dead/ Fix Or Repair Daily), but then I realised that Bullet trains cost a bit more than £38k:D.

Edited by VWD

15 hours ago, Fin69 said:

Auto Express had a review last week (issue 1500). IIRC Ford reckon the ecoboost will be the most popular in the UK, but there will be a drop in power (detuned)  over the US version. 

I thought the drop in power was due to ford having to re-route the exhaust causing lower air flow rather than a de-tuning.

When SWMBO was buying her Focus STD there was a mustang in the showroom and I was really tempted, but it would not suit my circumstances l, and I'd want the v8 which I can't justify. 

Also the fact it only gets a 2 star safety rating (3 with the safety pack) really put me off as I'd like to keep my legs if possible.

1 hour ago, AdamJonezy said:

They do look awesome, and they sound great. That 2 star safety rating is a big scary that would put me off as well, my 15 year old Golf has a 4 star safety rating :wondering:

The testing has progressed somewhat.  Your 15 year old Golf would probably score 1, 2 stars if presented to NCAP today.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gissin said:

5.0 v8 on those standard 4 pots ...

The standard brakes are pretty poor around town, but when you speed up and get some heat in they haul it down from 130mph+ with ease in plenty of time for the next corner :)

UK spec includes the Performance Pack 6 piston calipers though.

Edited by camelspyyder

4 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

The standard brakes are pretty poor around town, but when you speed up and get some heat in they haul it down from 130+ with ease in plenty of time for the next corner :)

Bit embarrassing if you keep having 30mph shunts in town then. Not good for Beast ego.

6 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I thought American muscle cars couldn't go around corners

You thought wrong mate.

Google Maps:  Deer Creek Rd, NV

My favourite drive in the V8.  Just like playing Burnout  :evilgrin:

Edited by camelspyyder

14 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Bit embarrassing if you keep having 30mph shunts in town then. Not good for Beast ego.

Yes, the traffic lights GP  cools them off at every stop light, you floor it and then the brake pedal doesn't feel brilliant at the next light.  It was a rental though and I bet everyone else had thrashed it like I did.

UK cars have upgraded brakes :thumbup:

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2017 at 09:53, camelspyyder said:

The testing has progressed somewhat.  Your 15 year old Golf would probably score 1, 2 stars if presented to NCAP today.

or maybe even less:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-5174713/New-car-gets-awarded-lowest-crash-test-rating-ever.html

The Punto just got re-rated NCAP zero stars - the same car got 5 stars in 2005!

How many of us are confidently driving our families around in "4 or 5 star" cars - which were tested before the 2009 or 2015 testing upgrades and would now fail the current tests?

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love my Suzuki Jimny's. 

Coming up to 20 years now on UK roads and no NCAP testing done on them. 

They do quite well in an accident, and plenty have been rolled down hillsides to see just how well they do.

No idea though on how many have been killed or had life changing injuries while in one in an accident, maybe the Insurance Industry have figures on how many survive crashes in different vehicles in different types of accidents.

I wonder how many have been killed in accidents involving the likes of VW Golfs, Ford Fiesta, Vauxhall Corsa, & other high volume sellers in the UK that have decades old to the new models being produced and driven.

Edited by AwaoffSki

@AwaoffSki

Im sure they do have the info on vehicles crash stats, whether its publicly made available im not sure, though... they have to have some analysis done in order to make those "insurance group" tables for car insurance costing.. they know every detail of every accident, and have teams of actuarial people constantly trawling the data to balance the risk rating to profit/loss against everyones policy.

You could say they are the origin of data-mining now used for targetted inline advertising..