Columbus Sat Nav POI Options

Hi. 

Having managed (somehow) to update my POI's today to display speed cameras (YAY!) I noticed another thing on the sat nav that anoys me / can't figure it out.

When on the main nav screen, there's a POI option. Press that and I'm shown Petrol, Restaurant, Car Parks. See crap photo for more...

How do I go about that showing different categories (such as shops or campsites, or others...?

Ta

Jim.IMG_7738.thumb.JPG.3145b1af2712feaca22088a65a107482.JPG

If memory serves then it's in the settings menu...

Found it! Owner's manual p137:

In the Navigation main menu, tap the functional surface Map .

Show road signs - Switch on/off the display of traffic signs Lane guidance - Display of lane guidance on/off
Show favourites - Switch on/off the display of favourites Show POIs - Switch on/off the display of POIs

Select categories for POIs - Selection of the displayed category for POIs
Show brands for POIs - Switch on/off the company logos available for the POIs

shown

Edited by Csory
added excerpt from owner's manual

On 01/12/2017 at 07:35, Csory said:

If memory serves then it's in the settings menu...

Found it! Owner's manual p137:

In the Navigation main menu, tap the functional surface Map .

Show road signs - Switch on/off the display of traffic signs Lane guidance - Display of lane guidance on/off
Show favourites - Switch on/off the display of favourites Show POIs - Switch on/off the display of POIs

Select categories for POIs - Selection of the displayed category for POIs
Show brands for POIs - Switch on/off the company logos available for the POIs

shown

Yes, but I have many categories of POI shown in those settings, that particular pop up menu can't be altered as far as I can see?

Is it me?

8 hours ago, jimcallaghan said:

Yes, but I have many categories of POI shown in those settings, that particular pop up menu can't be altered as far as I can see?

Is it me?

Not just you. It's irritated me for a while too. Never found a solution....

• 1 month later...

hi

only a newbie myself,but the system as far as i can see will only show 10 catagories of poi's at any one time on the map.if you have ten ticked you will have to untick ones you dont want to be able to tick the ones you want to show up....lol

I have the Amundsen system but the problem is the same. I took it into the dealers and they had no answer. They asked the geeks in the bunker, it's where all techie geeks are kept so I'm told, at Skoda HQ and they never responded. As far as I can tell the system will only give those 3 options in the pop up menu. You can tick the POI category box and the different POI's will appear on the actual map but you can not scroll through them as you can with the 3 options shown in the OP's picture.

If anyone ever discovers way around this I'll stand them a drink. It's really not very good.

hi,

the system will ONLY DISPLAY pois that have been originally imported into the system from skoda...UNLESS YOU IMPORT YOUR OWN pois with the guide on this forum.there will be an additional box pops up ''my pois''you then will have the opportunity to tick them to show on the map,you may well have to UNTICK other catagories to be able to tick yours as the system only allows you to highlight 10 catagories at a time.

there is another way,if you connect your phone to the system you can use an app called

''WAZE'',which you can download onto your phone and open it up on the infontainment system

https://waze.en.uptodown.com/android