Sasha’s Octavia vRS

Strange, I don’t have any CP errors, just databus missing messages warnings on the 5F end and the A5 end. As my car never had nav I’ve had to tell the A5 camera that it does, but although the option for MIB2 Std appears on the selection drop box on the A5 module, the only long coding option I can select that works is the MIB1 High option. If I can get it to select MIB2 Std by seeing an auto scan to see what that Byte should be reading I might have more of a chnace of getting the 2 systems to talk to one another. The OBDEleven knows it’s a MIB2 that it is scanning though, so that’s good :)

Just tried the A5 module MIB settings. None of the MIB2 settings will save for me, I just get an invalid coding error

Edited by Dave77
  • Like 1

Did you have any TPMS issues when you upgraded to MIB2. Mine seems to have de-activated the display setting somehow and won't let me re-activate it, might just need to put the old unit back in when it's MOT time!

• Like 1

No, my TPMS works spot on. Everything works exactly as it should. I am tempted to completely reverse the TSR coding and I would guess some of the restricted functionality messages would go away. Once that’s done, I’ll try it again from scratch, though I guess the A5 camera still won’t play ball as it is.

Agreed... when we had our Mk2 superb we didn't bother with covers and when I accidently picked the wife's keys up, I'd open the door and find I couldn't get in (shes Tiny and I'm 6ft2!) and it took ages for the seats to reset!  Nice key covers on the Mk3 keys now...issue resolved!

@logiclee - Love the Blue one!  I have an Orange one and my wife has one of the Pink ones.

Edited by hwr1983
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

Agreed... when we had our Mk2 superb we didn't bother with covers and when I accidently picked the wife's keys up, I'd open the door and find I couldn't get in (shes Tiny and I'm 6ft2!) and it took ages for the seats to reset!  Nice key covers on the Mk3 keys now...issue resolved!

Same here except manual seats, the struggle is real. 

Wondering if i can hack the "Please remember your mobile phone" and "Safelock" notices to read "At least slide the seat back a little bit before you get out".

I've "Sasha modded" our keys too: black for me, red for the missus and grey for the third spare. Only gone for the chrome piece on the main two though to save a bit of money. 

Edited by uchuff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, uchuff said:

Same here except manual seats, the struggle is real. 

Wondering if i can hack the "Please remember your mobile phone" and "Safelock" notices to read "At least slide the seat back a little bit before you get out".

That would be excellent! Mine would read "Oi...Titch...heres where you push the seat back"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hwr1983 said:

No Imagination :tongueout:

I thought it was inspired! The spare is white. The Merc has Pink and Baby Blue and the Citigo has a red one to match the red centre console. No spare because it only has the 1 fob ofc.

Annoyingly, the car that only I drive is the only one that has fully electric front seats and steering column with memory functions. The Skoda’s just have manual seats. What a faff!!

My LED reverse bulbs arrived unexpectedly quickly and they are beefy looking things. I decided to see how they looked today as I am impatient.

D4_AE3_CFA_C497_4574_A792_1035_FBF7_A0_B

The standard bulbs showing just how pathetic they really are here.

7880_BB33_C93_E_40_A7_8_F45_C8_C13_FF9_D

445_B069_C_0_DED_4_FD9_B5_A5_D9_EEF31_C3

I wasn’t sure whether to go for these or the ones that were slightly less bright for a bit less cash, and in hindsight these are a little bit overkill. When they came on it akin to igniting collapsed suns in comparison to the weedy originals!

49_C60_AD6_6328_4_D2_C_857_E_7_AA90_F16_

I decided to set the brightness to 65 and see how they were there and they are much better.

AE0_A8006_3_B7_B_4_A25_AF79_44_C4313908_

Here the left one is at 65 and the right one at 100!

6_A37008_D_D1_A2_4077_9144_7231_D2371190

Both at 65 here, and all the better for it IMO.

DF5587_AC_43_EF_4491_9_E7_B_F8_B81_E5_D5

While I was out I also played with the US light coding options to get this look, pretty keen on it as it reminds me of the side marker lights on my old Volvo. Might just keep this :) 

C00_DA486_5_B14_48_C1_9_F03_134_C0937_BB

Next job, it needs a clean!!

Edited by SashaGrace
Chrome is a donkey!!
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Yep, they are a bit bright as installed without turning them down for a more OEM approach.

Linky linky http://s.aliexpress.com/2qMrquym the less powerful ones would probably suffice though tbh!!!

Is that a link to the less powerful ones ? OR could you pop one up please ? 

• Like 1

The original link is for the more powerful bulbs. The link below has less light output and would probably be my choice for the other bulbs in the rear cluster as well as I plan to have them all LED in time :)

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/ayy63umm

• Like 1

Got the war stripes on and a splash of colour on the back. Every little helps to make it feel a bit less plain and a bit more ‘mine’ :D

F7AC5545-92AE-4C13-9399-D0FC2FF08544.thumb.jpeg.f5bbe306346fa8b4e099065b12cbd84f.jpeg

8179F87D-1131-4F17-A573-1EBC4001B2AC.thumb.jpeg.fb43ed32f89b62e11a9a34d4b344c0a4.jpeg

Tried my gel resin plates in the holders to see how I feel... Nay bad, might actually get around to putting one of these plates on the car!

2A2CBDA8-2C94-4DED-BD93-53D4E1B4551F.thumb.jpeg.81f7ac73a4dfd158061435a282c099dc.jpeg

• Like 2

But you're the 'mods wizard', won't seem right for your chariot to be under a different signature.

Maybe you can put a nodding wizard on the dash just to keep that theme going.

You can carry out more mods in a single evening than I can eat sausages! It just ain't natural.

WoOOo WoOOo (scary type noise)

:o

• Like 1

Oh god, I hope the title of mods wizard doesn’t catch on haha. It’ll probably be the Sasha plate from the Merc that I put on it. The Cheshire DF registration feels too foreign, nobody lets me in at junctions because it’s not a local car :D

7 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Oh god, I hope the title of mods wizard doesn’t catch on haha. It’ll probably be the Sasha plate from the Merc that I put on it. The Cheshire DF registration feels too foreign, nobody lets me in at junctions because it’s not a local car :D

My knowledge of the UK geography is sketchy so forgive me.........but your signature location is North Wales and is Cheshire....erm, kind of North Wales-ish?

:)

Edited by SkodaVRS1963
  • Like 1

Link to DVLA doc showing regional identifiers.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/698421/inf104-vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf

CY rules.... or CX, CW. They are the North Wales (Bangor) plates.

Knowing the different regional plates makes driving around more interesting. 

I'll let Sasha explain why 50 miles can make a great deal of difference around here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hermit said:

I'll let Sasha explain why 50 miles can make a great deal of difference around here.

Ah ok, I have an AD plate where everything else is WR or similar (just because I bought from a broker in Norwich instead of a local dealer).

But around here we tend to treat anyone driving a BMW or Audi with suspicion.......for no other reason than they tend to be driving like muppets.

I have never worked out why otherwise sane individuals turn into idiots the moment they step inside a German built car........truly.

• Like 1

I commute through Cheshire 3 times a week so I fit in there as the car was supplied to Alex Lawrie Skoda Liverpool, but as @Hermit mentions, if it’s not a CX/CY plate it’s too foreign for many people. Our Citigo has a CX registration and people nod and wave at me in that, bring out the Octy and all of a sudden nobody will let me in to cross the Britannia Bridge!! It’s go to more to do with me wanting to move plates around in one transaction more than anything, and sighing when people notice that original plate spells Wizard. Quite happy to leave the 14 plate on it otherwise. The Mercedes has a Lincolnshire FN registration originally and it didn’t seem to matter as it’s an older car. People are funny.