Kessy Car locking

Hi, 

I just got my new skoda superb packed with the Kessy feature.

The kessy works well for unlocking and starting the car, however It does not close by itself when I get away from the car.

Do you know is this is possible ?

Also I was wondering if I start the engine and get out of the car with the key, if the engine will shut off or stay on ?

Thank you for your help

1 minute ago, Bend66 said:

Hi, 

I just got my new skoda superb packed with the Kessy feature.

The kessy works well for unlocking and starting the car, however It does not close by itself when I get away from the car.

Do you know is this is possible ?

Also I was wondering if I start the engine and get out of the car with the key, if the engine will shut off or stay on ?

Thank you for your help

When you walk away from the car with the kessy key it continues to run but flags up that no key in range.

In regards to locking you must put your hand against  the handle to lock.  It will not lock automatically.  (2 seconds to do this)

For it to autolock you would have to sense inside any people objects etc and know you are not returning for it to be able to comprehend anything

6 minutes ago, mrburns said:

When you walk away from the car with the kessy key it continues to run but flags up that no key in range.

In regards to locking you must put your hand against  the handle to lock.  It will not lock automatically.  (2 seconds to do this)

For it to autolock you would have to sense inside any people objects etc and know you are not returning for it to be able to comprehend anything

Thanks for the answers, so if I understand, it cannot autolock ? 

5 minutes ago, Bend66 said:

Hi Bend and welcome. I have not found a way to make mine autolock. As Mr Burns said, run or place your hand over the sensor in the handle to lock it. There is an option which closes the mirrors when it is locked which is a good visual confirmation that it is indeed locked.

2 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Hi Bend and welcome. I have not found a way to make mine autolock. As Mr Burns said, run or place your hand over the sensor in the handle to lock it. There is an option which closes the mirrors when it is locked which is a good visual confirmation that it is indeed locked.

Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have a question also concerning the sunroof, is it possible to autoclose it when it rains ? specially when the car is parked and I forgot to close it ?

Thank you :)

If you push and hold the lock button on the key, it will shut all windows and the sunroof.  Not seen anything about an already locked car automatically deciding to shut the sunroof if it rains though....

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Hi,

I tried to put my hand on the handle, but it doesn't close... Any idea ?

Yeah, its on the bit where you would usually put a key to open the door. 

Only had KESSY a few days and I love it already.

First trip to the supermarket when I picked the car up was funny though. 

Got out, locked the car with the key, checked the door with my hand, it unlocked. Cue me doing this about 5 times before accepting that if the lights flashed and the mirrors folded, it must be locked :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Bend66 said:

Hi,

I tried to put my hand on the handle, but it doesn't close... Any idea ?

As said there are two sensor areas per front door. The main handle area is for opening. There is also a small dimple / slot which is the sensor area for locking. Of course you need to have the key on you (or very close, and not inside) for this to work.

Just now, DBT85 said:

Yeah, its on the bit where you would usually put a key to open the door. 

Only had KESSY a few days and I love it already.

First trip to the supermarket when I picked the car up was funny though. 

Got out, locked the car with the key, checked the door with my hand, it unlocked. Cue me doing this about 5 times before accepting that if the lights flashed and the mirrors folded, it must be locked :biggrin:

You can either check with the back door handles, or you also have about 2 seconds after locking to check with the front door handles. Or as you say, just accept that the lights and mirrors mean it’s locked!

Just now, nicknorman said:

You can either check with the back door handles, or you also have about 2 seconds after locking to check with the front door handles. Or as you say, just accept that the lights and mirrors mean it’s locked!

Ha yeah I know now. But I'd literally left the dealer and gone to the the supermarket so knew nothing about it lol.

Yes in the manual it states "After locking the vehicle, it is not possible to unlock within the next 2 seconds
by touching the door handle. This can be used to check whether the vehicle is
locked."

So lock it with the sensor and try to open it again before the 2 seconds has lapsed.

9 hours ago, Bend66 said:

It is possible to code the car to autolock... however the mirrors will then no longer fold when locked, this for me made it a no no.

On 2/2/2018 at 21:37, jonesinamillion said:

Doesn't work with gloves on which is a pain in this weather... I use my wrist; must look like a right ****!

KESSY works works fine for me when I'm wearing leather gloves.  I haven't tried with woolen gloves, but I wouldn't like to try driving whilst wearing them as they're too slippery on the wheel for me.

I use the folding mirrors as a sign that the car is locked. Using the virtual pedal to open the boot only opens the boot. So when you press the button to close the boot the doors are still locked. Pain in the....when your washing the car with the key in your pocket.