Changes in MY2019

1 minute ago, Offski said:

Nobody gave test figures for fuel use or Co2 g/km for a vehicle on the road with people in the seats and stuff in the luggage space.

Not in any weather, world region or with the different types of drivers or speeds around the EU. (What has 56 mph to do with anything?)

http://skoda.co.uk/pages/fuel-consumption-statement.aspx 

WLTP / RDE is still nothing to do with vehicles loaded with people, or tyres at pressures that people might drive them at if not loaded or being tested...

At least my real world 41MPG average over nearly 13,000 miles can be trusted (brim to brim) not relying on the trip computer.:clap:

All our MPG's we can do can be trusted.  That does not mean everyone gets the same as you, your wife or me.

They have to do some MPG and lows and highs give averages.

I can get 630 miles for 63 litres or 730 litres using 'Coasting Function'.

But i opted for no Roof Rails, no Electric Sliding Doors, no Big Rims / wide tyres, no leather.

The Official Test Figures (for comparison) in the Brochure never showed the 'Base / Budget' model as so much more economical than the 'Bling' model with the same Engine & Gearbox.  Actually it showed the lighter car as having worse fuel consumption.   (That is the VW way,  never show cheaper as having better figures.)

2 hours ago, Offski said:

All our MPG's we can do can be trusted.  That does not mean everyone gets the same as you, your wife or me.

They have to do some MPG and lows and highs give averages.

I can get 630 miles for 63 litres or 730 litres using 'Coasting Function'.

But i opted for no Roof Rails, no Electric Sliding Doors, no Big Rims / wide tyres, no leather.

The Official Test Figures (for comparison) in the Brochure never showed the 'Base / Budget' model as so much more economical than the 'Bling' model with the same Engine & Gearbox.  Actually it showed the lighter car as having worse fuel consumption.   (That is the VW way,  never show cheaper as having better figures.)

Let the wife use my car twice this week and she averaged 30 and 34mpg. Blame the computer for reminding me the following day when I get in.:tongueout:

• Like 1

Talking of fuel economy, I'm thinking of removing a wheel, that should reduce rolling resistance by 25%, maybe even make it WLTP compliant too. Less road noise too! Only problem is to make sure passengers stay on right side and take corners slowly with great care....:happy::bow:

:hi:

8 minutes ago, xman said:

Talking of fuel economy, I'm thinking of removing a wheel, that should reduce rolling resistance by 25%, maybe even make it WLTP compliant too. Less road noise too! Only problem is to make sure passengers stay on right side and take corners slowly with great care....:happy::bow:

:hi:

It worked for Reliant with the Robin, always wondered why my Uncle wanted to give a lift (ballast).:blink:

• Like 1

Today livechat have said they'll get the MY19 changes information out by the end of September....

Personally i expect my unspecified car to come with a double bubble roof, triple spoiler and 8 exhaust pipes... and if it doesn't i'm sure there'll be grounds to reject it :tongueout:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DjEatch said:

Today livechat have said they'll get the MY19 changes information out by the end of September....

Personally i expect my unspecified car to come with a double bubble roof, triple spoiler and 8 exhaust pipes... and if it doesn't i'm sure there'll be grounds to reject it :tongueout:

Better late than never I suppose. Don't understand how the dealers any cars unless they are already in stock and customers accept what's available.:blink:

Digital cockpit is available to order in the UK, but for some reason it's not available on all cars/engine configs. I priced up a 190 4X4 L&K and a 150 DSG L&K and the virtual cockpit was only available on the 190 4X4.  It's still not shown on the website configurator only at the dealers configurator and then for some reason its called the 10.25 inch display however on the printed out order form out it shows up as Virtual Cockpit. £375 + VAT  

9 hours ago, harryweld said:

Digital cockpit is available to order in the UK, but for some reason it's not available on all cars/engine configs. I priced up a 190 4X4 L&K and a 150 DSG L&K and the virtual cockpit was only available on the 190 4X4.  It's still not shown on the website configurator only at the dealers configurator and then for some reason its called the 10.25 inch display however on the printed out order form out it shows up as Virtual Cockpit. £375 + VAT  

If somebody can let me know the second it's available on the sportline plus 280(272) that would be great!! Then I've got to hope I can amend my order for bw 42....

Edited by DjEatch
Typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DjEatch said:

If somebody can let me know the second it's available on the sportline plus 280(272) that would be great!! Then I've got to hope I can amend my order for bw 42....

I've had a look on Carwow and at the moment it is only looks like it is available on 190 4x4  DSG cars at all trim levels. Seems strange they are making available based on engine rather than trim level. 

I sense that either the 2.0 TSI engine is way down the queue in terms of access to test labs , possibly based on customer demand of that engine type. (Glass half full view)

Or, they are having real issues getting it through the WLTP type approval - which doesn't bode well for those of us with orders in progress! (Glass half empty view!)

19 minutes ago, Chas51 said:

I sense that either the 2.0 TSI engine is way down the queue in terms of access to test labs , possibly based on customer demand of that engine type. (Glass half full view)

Or, they are having real issues getting it through the WLTP type approval - which doesn't bode well for those of us with orders in progress! (Glass half empty view!)

This is definitely a sticking point! I've been told week 44 or 45 for delivery for my car built in week 34. I ordered in May for reference

So the cars are basically manufactured and now put to parking lot. I guess rust will be on every possible part after so long wait time? Also if we ordered 2018 cars and will receive them 2019 paper wise they will be a year old already. Wondering what kind of compensation will they come up with.

28 minutes ago, JamesEnfield said:

So the cars are basically manufactured and now put to parking lot. I guess rust will be on every possible part after so long wait time? Also if we ordered 2018 cars and will receive them 2019 paper wise they will be a year old already. Wondering what kind of compensation will they come up with.

No MY19 (Model Year 19) starts production around now, if not already started. Most cars are either built to order (hence long waiting times) or go straight to a dealer as display cars. For some reason shipping from the factory to the UK dealers seems to take a long time around a month. But during this time they have shipping wax on them to protect them. Gone are the days when new cars use to sit in fields for months before  sold. 

Gone are the days when cars were covered in wax. Have a look at the Skoda Storyline about current treatments before transportation.    https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/company/skoda-way-customers/          As far as delivery times are concerned, my car went into production in week 34 (20th August) and was shipped from Emden to Sheerness arriving this morning. I have been notified by the dealer to expect to collect before the end of the month.

25 minutes ago, harryweld said:

No MY19 (Model Year 19) starts production around now, if not already started. Most cars are either built to order (hence long waiting times) or go straight to a dealer as display cars. For some reason shipping from the factory to the UK dealers seems to take a long time around a month. But during this time they have shipping wax on them to protect them. Gone are the days when new cars use to sit in fields for months before  sold. 

I have been told that my S3 (order week 29) will be MY2019. Dealer told me 2 days ago that the car has been build and it's being shipped to him.

On the other side, I have not received response from him what clutch will it have. Does anyone know what they install it in 2.0 TDI; 110kW; DSG? I hope it's already DQ380...

On 24 August ordered a new L&K 190 Diesel 4x4 - with many extras (Digital Cockpit, Smart Light Assist, MIB2.5 9'' navigation....and etc).

Yesterday the dealer called me - and said that the car was built on 18 Sept....and today he called me again and said that it is loaded on the truck and will be here in 2 days. 

Last ordered cars delivery time was 120 working days - this one will come for a month, which surprises me.

3 minutes ago, koli99 said:

I have been told that my S3 (order week 29) will be MY2019. Dealer told me 2 days ago that the car has been build and it's being shipped to him.

On the other side, I have not received response from him what clutch will it have. Does anyone know what they install it in 2.0 TDI; 110kW; DSG? I hope it's already DQ380...

7 speed wet clutch. That is in my MY18

I went for 2.0 150ps DSG because I could see that there would be long delays with petrol engines. Gasoline Particle Filters to be fitted which, I would imagine would require software upgrades to ECU. WLTP testing would obviously slow the process down as well. As far as the "how long will it be", I have read several articles with no definitive answer. Some were suggesting spring 2019 but that would appear to be speculation and not based on specific facts.

• 2 weeks later...

Live chat also confirmed that MY19 changes to the Superb, Karoq and Kodiaq are going  "Live" next week (17th September).

Well,  waited and waited and waited and guess what ?  Yep nothing appeared.  Will find out what has changed when I pick up my MY19 L&K 150PS DSG on Monday.

As promised I attach the schedule of events during the order / production of my vehicle as it may be of some guidance / information to others.  Will try and get some pics posted when I get home after collecting the car to see what exterior changes have been made, if any at all.

Vehicle Ordered : 11th June 2018

Skoda Build Week : 34 (20th August 2018)

History :

03/09/18 - Status 20 ~ Still in production.

5/09/18 - Status 30 ~ Built and awaiting transport to Port of Emden.

11/09/18 - Status 38 ~ Arrived at Emden.  Released for shipping and awaiting ship assignment to UK.

18/09/18 - Status 39 ~ Assigned ship (City of Rotterdam) for transportation from Emden to Grimsby. 
                   Left Emden 18/09/18 @ 20.36 hrs.  Arrived Grimsby 20/09/18 @ 02.34 hrs.

20/09/18 - Status 40 ~ Arrived in the UK.  Awaiting transportation to dealer.

24/09/18- Status 40 ~ Arrived at dealership @12.02 hrs.