Delivery times

cjrp

6 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Finally picked mine up last night. So ordered on 9th January, took delivery 16 weeks later. 3 of those weeks was transit from the factory. The car is 5 weeks later than originally told by dealer, pushing me into the higher first year VED that put £17pcm onto my lease. The experience with Skoda has been unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. 

Did your contract say you'd get it by the start of April?

I think I'd be writing a complaint letter about the delay, £17 a month is a big increase.

Did you at least get the £100 accessories offer?

No the date was given verbally. I did check all paperwork, no date given. I didn't get an offer of accessories as it is the lease company that owns it and paid for it.

I ordered mine (1.5TSI DSG SE L in quartz grey with heated screen, heated steering wheel and spare wheel) on the 28th Jan and was originally told build week 10 and handover week 15 (9th April).

Goodness knows when it was actually built but it seems almost certain that I'll be picking it up next week. So that's week 19 in the end. Assuming I have it by Friday 11th we're talking just under 15 weeks from order to delivery. 

Looking at other people's stories that's about average and it could have been a lot worse! 

1 minute ago, Eddaminna said:

I ordered mine (1.5TSI DSG SE L in quartz grey with heated screen, heated steering wheel and spare wheel) on the 28th Jan and was originally told build week 10 and handover week 15 (9th April).

Goodness knows when it was actually built but it seems almost certain that I'll be picking it up next week. So that's week 19 in the end. Assuming I have it by Friday 11th we're talking just under 15 weeks from order to delivery. 

Looking at other people's stories that's about average and it could have been a lot worse! 

My Karoq is now 5 days old (ordered 19th Jan) apart from being Business Grey its EXACTLY the same spec. :biggrin: Everything I wanted, nothing I didn't.

I linked the heated seat to the heated steering wheel. Wheel has 3 heat settings. Works well.

3 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

My Karoq is now 5 days old (ordered 19th Jan) apart from being Business Grey its EXACTLY the same spec. :biggrin: Everything I wanted, nothing I didn't.

I linked the heated seat to the heated steering wheel. Wheel has 3 heat settings. Works well.

And almost exactly the same duration between ordering and delivery too...

1 minute ago, Eddaminna said:

And almost exactly the same duration between ordering and delivery too...

Oooohh yes!

Wont be long. Worth the wait.

4 minutes ago, Eddaminna said:

(I will admit if it had been down to me I'd have gone for business grey too. But I had to trade the heated steering wheel for her favourite colour!) 

Both are great colours. Quartz grey is more popular I think. The only Karoq I have seen on the road was Quartz. 

Heated steering wheel a must-have for me. My last 3 cars have had one- difficult to give it up:)

1 hour ago, RUMNAVY said:

Hi all, hew to the Karoq forum but have had a Yet for about 4 years and now waiting for my new Karoq.

Seems I have been luck as well on the order front. I ordered mid March, had notification of the car having been built and in transit about 3 weeks ago, and yesterday my dealer told me he was expecting the delivery any day this week. Maybe its because its a diesel and in less demand that the very popular 1.5 petrol?

My spec is SE L 2.0L DSG 4x4,  petrol blue with heated windscreen

Was originally told not to expect it until June!! 

Having enjoyed reading all the chat in this forum, feel I already know my new car inside out!!

You seem to be a very lucky man!! How are you finding the car?

2 hours ago, Eddaminna said:

Absolutely identical to my order. I will be more than happy with 15 weeks. I have provisional BW20, I will bother Skoda chat in a couple of weeks to see if it exists! 

Hope we you enjoy it. Heated windscreens seem very popular on the Karoq. 

Hi Ronster,

no not got it yet, should be delivered to the dealer tomorrow or Thursday. Dealer said about 2 days to turn it around so could be in my hands by the weekend. Will be sorry to see the Yeti go though as has been a great car. Only problem with it being on 1.2L its up and down the gearbox with the slightest incline

1 hour ago, Nemutai said:

Absolutely identical to my order. I will be more than happy with 15 weeks. I have provisional BW20, I will bother Skoda chat in a couple of weeks to see if it exists! 

Hope we you enjoy it. Heated windscreens seem very popular on the Karoq. 

I've had a heated screen on my SEAT alhambra for the past 11 years and it is the ultimate luxury. no way am I starting scraping ice off the car again at my age!! 

• Like 1

Update from the dealer today saying still with an estimated build week of 20, which should be confirmed next week. He reckons we should have it early June, which would be sweet!

I seem to recall some of the manufacturers of more expensive makes e.g BMW & Mercedes offering the facility for UK owners to collect their new vehicles direct from the factory. May be it would be quicker if Skoda did the same, at least you would have the chance to have an enjoyable drive across Europe. 

22 hours ago, Eddaminna said:

Just spoke to the dealer who said its arriving this afternoon at the showroom. So I should have it by the weekend. Very excited! 

• Like 1

I've just had great news from my Skoda dealer by video link in an email - my car has arrived in Britain and was ordered 11 February so they are coming through after all the seat and phone booster problems.  Never had a video update before though!  Although I had lost interest at some points the excitement is back!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Rooster, I will echo  the responses above, it is worth hanging on. I have had mine for a week and it is really growing on me. I still haven’t begun to explore the car’s potential, but that is part of the fun.

I actually got mine a week before the original estimated delivery date, My frustration arose through being told it had been built just 5 weeks after I ordered it, then having to wait another six for it to be delivered to me. Skoda delivery seems very haphazard and I kept getting revised estimates of when the car would arrive. Even my dealer was getting frustrated in the end and the final straw was the signal booster fiasco, which cost me another couple of days wait. Organisationally, Skoda needs to get a grip, but they do build good cars.

• Like 1

Petroldsg, yes Mercedes’s certainly used to do this and I toyed with the idea of collecting a car this way, but it turned out to be too much hassle in the end. Nice idea, but devil is always in the detail

Our dealer is having a little battle with Skoda uk now by the sounds. Car was supposed to be ready Saturday but now they’re saying Tuesday as the transporter has been booked - dealer trying to get the car themselves but Skoda telling them once it’s booked on the lorry then it can’t be overridden. Dealer not happy at all. 

3 hours ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Our dealer is having a little battle with Skoda uk now by the sounds. Car was supposed to be ready Saturday but now they’re saying Tuesday as the transporter has been booked - dealer trying to get the car themselves but Skoda telling them once it’s booked on the lorry then it can’t be overridden. Dealer not happy at all. 

Dealer now appears to have worked it all out and it should be arriving at the dealership today! 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2018 at 13:52, Eddaminna said:

Just spoke to the dealer who said its arriving this afternoon at the showroom. So I should have it by the weekend. Very excited! 

Picking mine up on Saturday at 8am! Happy days! 

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎20 at 10:10, Skane said:

I'm from Sweden so this might be slightly irrelevant info but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway:

I just ordered a 1,5 TSI manual Karoq "Style" with the Swedish packages called "towing pack" and "business pack". The color is called "Lava Blue" but I'm pretty sure it's the same as your "Petrol Blue". Towing pack includes (besides electric hook) the rear-view camera, electric tailgate and roof bars. Business pack adds partial leather seats, Canton, tinted windows, remote heater, chrome lists+pedals and small spare wheel. "Style" already includes quite a lot like LED with assistants/auto functions, heated steering wheel, front parking sensors, kessy and more. It'll lack navigation (I'll use google maps) and some of the safety systems.

Anyway, the bad news is that the delivery times (for Sweden anyway) has increased a lot in the last few weeks. My car will be built (best case) august and delivered (best case) late september. The dealer told me that a lot of Karoq's were sold in February (more than expected) and new markets are opening up during the spring, I guess India and China. Sweden is not prioritized in the summer months when it comes to production planning which probably adds a few weeks to my delivery time. The factory/factories are closed in July for vacation. My production week won't be locked until early summer. So it's gonna be a long wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Quoting myself from page 12 from when I ordered my Karoq (week 12, march). I have now canceled my order after the dealer came back with some "bad" news. My car would basically be built in december for delivery next year instead of august/september. The reason is that they have to re-certify the engines according to the new regulations (including WLTP). So the production for this years model year is filled (I'm guessing before my car was ordered) and the factory/factories are going to close down i september during the transition to the new regulations. All according to my dealer.

My speculation is that Skoda has waited until the last minute to make the transition, maybe to tweak the engines further. Or that the new "real world"/"on the road" emission test that will complete the traditional lab/dyno test are too much for the industry+authorities to handle. From what I understand, with NEDC you could certify for example the 1,5 tsi and then use it in all kinds of cars within VAG but now with the "real world" test maybe each car models has to be tested on the road. And that could be the reason why they have to shut down production. They're not allowed to produce and sell cars that hasn't been certified (production year '19). Either way they've lost me as a customer.

/S

18 hours ago, Skane said:

Quoting myself from page 12 from when I ordered my Karoq (week 12, march). I have now canceled my order after the dealer came back with some "bad" news. My car would basically be built in december for delivery next year instead of august/september. The reason is that they have to re-certify the engines according to the new regulations (including WLTP). So the production for this years model year is filled (I'm guessing before my car was ordered) and the factory/factories are going to close down i september during the transition to the new regulations. All according to my dealer.

My speculation is that Skoda has waited until the last minute to make the transition, maybe to tweak the engines further. Or that the new "real world"/"on the road" emission test that will complete the traditional lab/dyno test are too much for the industry+authorities to handle. From what I understand, with NEDC you could certify for example the 1,5 tsi and then use it in all kinds of cars within VAG but now with the "real world" test maybe each car models has to be tested on the road. And that could be the reason why they have to shut down production. They're not allowed to produce and sell cars that hasn't been certified (production year '19). Either way they've lost me as a customer.

/S

has there been anoofical announcement about this by skods UK? I did aserach on internet couldn't find anything to this effect?

another award fror skoda !

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/cars/reviews/road-test-skoda-karoq-16-tdi-se-tech

Provisional and Confirmed BW's same for me, and overall, actual handover was a month earlier than was estimated on Order Day.