Delivery times

cjrp

Hello everybody from sunny Greece! I ordered my karoq 1.5 tsi manual (stlyle) February 27th ,  with build week 15 and it arrived in Greece April 26th and got it last week so about 12 weeks. not bad at all i would say particularly comparing with that goes on in UK. however i assume that every country/dealer have their own quota and it looks like that demand in UK is immense . I have two ex- colleagues from since i was working in midlands that got one for really good price-apparently much better than the price in Greece). However based on first impressions the car is just superb! and so it worths a little extra weigth

Like pete31sue I placed an  order for a karoq  on the 19th of January, i was told three weeks after order it was provisional build week 20. Two weeks later i was told it had been brought forward to bw 13, the 26th of march. It did not go into production until the 9th of April and no reason was given to my dealer as to why this happened.

My dealer rang me on the 25th April to tell me the car was built and in Emden, and he again called me on the 30th April to say the car arrived at Grimsby docks on the 27th April where it sat for two weeks. The dealer received the car on the 11th May and called me on the 15th May to say it was ready for collection, I took delivery on Saturday the19th May this was 17 weeks after order date. I was told 12 weeks waiting time when I signed the order form,like a lot of you on this forum I find it disgraceful the way Skoda are treating their customers.

My dealer in Sheffield has behaved extremely well in their dealings with my order and they have done their very best with the limited information coming from Skoda. I hope that the dealers who have done their best for their customers are not unduly affected by this delivery fiasco.

1.5 sel in energy blue

Heated screen 

Space saver wheel.

Tomkaroq, the category's in Denmark are called Active, Ambition and Style, they are not as well equipped in Denmark, due to the enormes taxes in this country of mine , I payed 356.000 Dkr= 41.738 £  for a manuel "Edition" ;-)

Edited by Michael_DK

12 hours ago, Michael_DK said:

Tomkaroq, the category's in Denmark are called Active, Ambition and Style, they are not as well equipped in Denmark, due to the enormes taxes in this country of mine , I payed 356.000 Dkr= 41.738 £  for a manuel "Edition" ;-)

Wow Michael. That's really expensive. I read somewhere that Denmark is one of the best places to live in Europe, but it's obviously not one of the cheapest!

36 minutes ago, ronster007 said:

What does this mean?

The new build year from build year 18 to 19 starts week 22 now going to be week 35 co2 levels have to be lower

Finally got some positive news about my order. It's a 1.6TDI Style DSG with some options. The order was placed late in December. About a month back, the dealer told me that the issue could be with the Triton alloys I ordered, and asked if I would like to change to the standard alloys. I agreed to change about 10 days back. Today, the dealer told me that my order has been allocated BW24, so the car could be delivered sometime in mid-to-end July.

We ordered a 1.5 TSI Se L DSG on the 10th March with a 16 BW. We received confirmation that it had indeed been built that week but then heard nothing more. I made enquiries 2 weeks ago and again today; the car is at the end of the production line but awaiting the vario flex seats. Skoda still don't know when the seats will arrive to be fitted and have asked that I contact them again next week. They did recognise the damage these delays were doing to the brand but there's nothing they can do apparently. 

23 minutes ago, northlondon43 said:

We ordered a 1.5 TSI Se L DSG on the 10th March with a 16 BW. We received confirmation that it had indeed been built that week but then heard nothing more. I made enquiries 2 weeks ago and again today; the car is at the end of the production line but awaiting the vario flex seats. Skoda still don't know when the seats will arrive to be fitted and have asked that I contact them again next week. They did recognise the damage these delays were doing to the brand but there's nothing they can do apparently. 

I can’t fathom it, I ordered the identical car BW20 and evidently it was on the train last week. Can I ask did you go for leather or the standard alcantera?

2 minutes ago, Nemutai said:

I can’t fathom it, I ordered the identical car BW20 and evidently it was on the train last week. Can I ask did you go for leather or the standard alcantera?

The standard Alcantera. I know, it's weird as no idea how they're prioritising and they're not interested in pro actively communicating. 

14 minutes ago, northlondon43 said:

The standard Alcantera. I know, it's weird as no idea how they're prioritising and they're not interested in pro actively communicating. 

Alcantera also.

12 minutes ago, northlondon43 said:

Is yours a UK delivery? If yes then  that's weird, if not then I understand that different countries are being prioritised differently. 

Yes. 

mine ordered in Greece had varioflex but with dark cloth upholstery. In various other posts here in the forum it appears that it is the alcantara that causes the delays as the demand for alcantara from car makers hit the roof over the last 1-2 years

Just spoke to Skoda UK asking if my 'confirmed build week 21 (this week) Edition' is actually in production. I thought I would check beacuse as far as I know there is no status code between 20 (build week confirmed, and 30 (finished and left the factory). I wish I hadn't bothered. The man from Skoda he say:

'Apologies but there is a delay on the order. The vehicle is near the end of assembly, rear seats need to be added and this is the reason for the delay. We haven't been given any specific date as of yet, our factory representatives are working closely with factory to resolve this issue and speed things up. We appreciate your patience [Presumptious...I don't have any] and apologise for any inconvenience'

When I replied 'But I need to know whether we are talking days..weeks...more? I have my current car, vacation, and businesss to manage....

The response was 'Our support team has advised that it will be 1-2 weeks, After this we will receive a further update from factory on this situation. Customers are being asked to check back with us next week.'

What? 1 to 2 weeks and then an update from the factory after that!!!

So, not just Alcantara seats then....perhaps it's a seat frame issue....or just a Skoda issue. I am not impressed

Oh dear! Not good news. I have a build week 21 as well. Mine is an SE L so has Alacanta and varioflex, so I think i'll be checking my build status tomorrow. Thought I'd got lucky and missed the wk8 and wk16 seatgate's

I signed all my document last night and had a look at the car in the workshop.  It's great to finally see the thing I ordered back in the March.

We're picking up the car on Friday and then we're off to France the next day.  So it's really come at the right time.

For reference;

Edition 1.5 petrol/manual in petrol blue.  Added heated windows and washers.

Ordered March 18th

We were given build 16.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rich_H said:

Oh dear! Not good news. I have a build week 21 as well. Mine is an SE L so has Alacanta and varioflex, so I think i'll be checking my build status tomorrow. Thought I'd got lucky and missed the wk8 and wk16 seatgate's

Good luck with your enquiry today. Let us know  what you find out.

14 hours ago, George1468 said:

Update on build week 15 today car still at port not on ship as yet next update next Wednesday that's 2 weeks sat at port. just to let you know it takes 3 weeks to put seat frames in 

Although it is not what I wanted to hear, thanks for the heads-up on typical seat frame delay.

Like me, I imagine all people in this forum want (apart from delivery) is facts/the actual truth from Skoda...then we can better manage other factors affecting each of us personally around the new car delivery...like work, holidays, existing cars etc.

17 hours ago, Persolus said:

Just spoke to Skoda UK asking if my 'confirmed build week 21 (this week) Edition' is actually in production. I thought I would check beacuse as far as I know there is no status code between 20 (build week confirmed, and 30 (finished and left the factory). I wish I hadn't bothered. The man from Skoda he say:

'Apologies but there is a delay on the order. The vehicle is near the end of assembly, rear seats need to be added and this is the reason for the delay. We haven't been given any specific date as of yet, our factory representatives are working closely with factory to resolve this issue and speed things up. We appreciate your patience [Presumptious...I don't have any] and apologise for any inconvenience'

When I replied 'But I need to know whether we are talking days..weeks...more? I have my current car, vacation, and businesss to manage....

The response was 'Our support team has advised that it will be 1-2 weeks, After this we will receive a further update from factory on this situation. Customers are being asked to check back with us next week.'

So, not just Alcantara seats then....perhaps it's a seat frame issue....or just a Skoda issue. I am not impressed

17 hours ago, Persolus said:

Reference this week 21 build hold up and the possible 3+ week delay, I spoke to Skoda just now about factory summer closure. I was told that the factory will close for the month of July. When I asked how that might affect my car in mid-production, I was told they will 'assign a Customer Relations Manager who will investigate this matter for you'.  I look forward to hearing back within the promised 2 working days.

If I read the runes correctly, I think I may also hear from my dealer too...which would be a rare treat indeed.

(Apologies, I don't know how I got two emails attached)

Edited by Persolus
Author messed up