Delivery times

cjrp

Just ordered for a company car karoq SE technology 1.6 manual and been quoted mid may 2019 from the leasing company, 7 months! 

Skoda live chat confirmed that time for the model, though I'm not convinced it isn't a standard response.

Still looking forward as it is a great car.

Edited by Amurray81

I have just ordered a 1.5 SE L DSG and was quoted approx three months delivery. 

If i’d ordered a diesel, as Amurray81 appears to have done, I was quoted seven months delivery. 

These delivery times might “slip” due to the new testing regulations for new cars.

I was under the impression from reading around that the diesel engine was first though the testing and the only karoq you could get your hands on until recently. Thought the backlog was with the 1.5 petrol engines which has recently eased.

Anyway I had some extras which won't help but colleagues are often quoted long lead times only for cars to turn up after 3-4 months

Welcome.

1.6 TDI that had been changed to SCR / AdBlue were the first with WLTP Approval along with 1.0 TSI that had been changed to have GPF's,

2.0TDI SCR were not WLTP Approved and some models still are not, and neither were 1.5 TSI with GPF done earliest.

Anything to do with delivery times in years before September 2019 on issues are not that relevant.

This carry on is a horlicks on a different scale from the 'black hole ordering system'.

Our Karoq SE L 2.0TDi 150PS 4x4 delivered in July (4 months from order date) has ad blue.

If you read "Honest John"'s web site or column in Telegraph you will see it's not just Skoda that have had delivery times affected by WLTP.  Hence why new car sales figures nationally for September have taken such a hit.

Yes 2.0TDI were SCR, Euro 6 but with Implausible / Irregular Co2 g/km and not easy to get through the WLTP with acceptable results.

Hence delays.

2.0TDI SCR Euro 6d temp has been a challenge for VW Group / Skoda....

& 1.6TDI's needed the SCR system, and 1.0 & 1.5 & 2.0 TSI's GPF's.

the 1.0 TSI with GPF were ready for the UP! & Fabia Mk3 Face Lift and others, and the cars / models just needed testing.

The 1.0 MPI without GPF not so.

20 hours ago, Amurray81 said:

Just ordered for a company car karoq SE technology 1.6 manual and been quoted mid may 2019 from the leasing company, 7 months! 

Skoda live chat confirmed that time for the model, though I'm not convinced it isn't a standard response.

Still looking forward as it is a great car.

I don't think this is WLTP related

More likely a rationing quota as I am sure someone mentioned VW Group had fired couple of engine component suppliers as they tried to impose big price rises.   This may be restricting the ability to make the 1.6 diesel.   There is no delay on 1.5 petrol, so it is engine specific.

I suspect a SE technology spec is not the most profitable spec per car, so probably been rationed more than other models.

We also know there is reluctance to schedule deliveries to UK for April 2019 (might even be a full suspension) as no-one is certain what paperwork or rules will apply after Brexit, so giving themselves few weeks (whilst continuing to supply other countries).

Edited by SurreyJohn

Just spoken to Skoda this morning,

My SEL has now been in transit from the factory to Emden for about a week so I started digging and was finally told that I was looking at 4-5 weeks for delivery. I find that so strange when I have been seeing much quicker turnarounds (and later too, admittedly) and when I pressed it I was told that the current lead time for delivery was 11 weeks so I should basically be grateful. I was expecting to pick up my new car at the beginning of Nov but I can't see that happening...  

On 16/10/2018 at 15:48, Goldtw74 said:

44074138_10214790111804121_1028227033362071552_n.jpg.211dfc728e29a9c53d890b162e625d30.jpg

44055667_10214790112404136_4897098019859595264_n.jpg.e92236ed93021c75d9c6558ac387c743.jpg

So basically they are lying to us again and my car will be sitting in the Checz republic outside for god knows how long, but they will be claiming a later 'date of birth'

3 minutes ago, IceyLady said:

My SEL has now been in transit from the factory to Emden for about a week so I started digging and was finally told that I was looking at 4-5 weeks for delivery. I find that so strange when I have been seeing much quicker turnarounds (and later too, admittedly) and when I pressed it I was told that the current lead time for delivery was 11 weeks so I should basically be grateful. I was expecting to pick up my new car at the beginning of Nov but I can't see that happening...  

Don’t give up hope that they have got their facts wrong (again!) as customers orders have been turning up at the dealerships when they were least expected. Try speaking to Skoda Chat again next Tuesday to see if the situation has changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceyLady said:

From the point my car left the factory, they estimated about 6 weeks until it would be ready for a handover. In reality it took under 3 weeks for it to reach the dealer and the dealer takes a few days to inspect it. I can't pick it up on a weekday so it has been ready at the dealer's since Monday and I'll go get it on Saturday. That makes about 4.5 months from ordering end of May to handover.

Spoke to the dealer on something unrelated this morning and they said almost all manufacturer lead times are starting a 4-5 months now especially outside the UK manufacturers. Backlogs caused by wltp and some not taking orders during the process mean there is now a surge in orders, brexit never been mentioned to them yet as any kind of factor.

Tis what it is......

spoke to skoda this morning and they advised that we are looking at week 13 next year for a build week.  We ordered it 3rd August and were told Dec delivery at the latest, and now its looking like April! Its a 1.6 SEL in petrol blue with leather seats.  

The Daily Mail!

Now were they Pro or Anti BREXIT?      Are there not enough cars in the world to last 25 years, or there would be if they were built to last longer and not with Just on time parts from crap part manufacturers.

Do the Daily Mail mention that?

Karoq 1.6 TDI DSG SE Tech Petrol Blue with a few extras 

i ordered on 31st July with a confirmed build week 39 - 24th Sept.

Skoda advised today that my vehicle arrived in Emden on 16th Oct and has been released for shipping but no ship allocation yet.

lets hope that i does not take too much longer.

1.5 tsi dsg order 30 april. Build 8. August and received 12. October. Rain, rain, rain the first days and this is what the petrol/lava blue have looked like most of the time. 

IMG_20181017_154312abc.jpg

Edited by Max48

On 17/10/2018 at 10:44, Skodaq said:

Things certainly seem to be moving a long now! You’ll probably have handover towards end of November.

That would be good if it was, when I ordered it at the end of July the dealer gave an indicative date of mid December!