Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

11 hours ago, s7uar7 said:

Thanks very much @bigade1 for putting these together.  My wife has a 2016 Golf with MIB2 and unfortunately I can't get these to upload.  Does there need to be a specific package?

Unfortunately someone else with a Golf recently contacted me with the same issue and I tried compiling all different variations of my files for him to try out but we couldn't get them to work and I don't know why. Sorry. 

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2020 at 19:35, bigade1 said:

It's time again for my latest customised version of EU Speedcams ( February, 2020 ). For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Enjoy!

EU Speedcams February, 2020.zip 3.96 MB · 62 downloads

Thank you bigade1 😀

I added this into our recently purchased Yeti today and by the look of it, everything looks great so far:thumbup: Gonna test it out for a while here in Sweden 🇸🇪

Sněžný muž🥶

• Like 1

Once again, free for whoever wants them - here's my latest customised version of EU Speedcams ( April, 2020 ). For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which I've split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own preferred personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Enjoy!

EU Speedcams April,2020.zip

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, bigade1 said:

Once again, free for whoever wants them - here's my latest customised version of EU Speedcams ( April, 2020 ). For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which I've split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own preferred personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Enjoy!

EU Speedcams April,2020.zip 7 MB · 1 download

Ah an update that fast, gonna update later today :)

Again, thanks @bigade1

Been out for one drive so far trying the cameras out and 10 out of 10 cameras was there, amazing. Just one of them that was a few hundred meters off but hey still amazing :thumbup:

Awesome work!

• Like 1

Hi Bigade 1

I installed your February speed cameras on my Columbus Infotainment system via sd card with no issue so decided to update them to your April issue.

I have followed your instructions exactly as before after deleting and reformatting my sd card and again copied only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file   

However when I try to update the POI's I get an error message 'no data available' despite the files being there.

Do I have to delete the previous 'My POI's before I 'Update My POI's or just update ?

I have downloaded the files via a Macbook and also used CleanMyDrive2 to remove any 'unnecessary' files on the sd card as suggested in an earlier message.

Any thoughts on what is causing my problem this time around?

Cheers.  

OK Bigade1, thanks for the fast reply. I will keep on trying a few more things as I specifically didn't want to delete the February update as it is working ok.

If I cannot get it sorted then I will delete this and try again.

Cheers, for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2020 at 00:31, bigade1 said:

Unfortunately someone else with a Golf recently contacted me with the same issue and I tried compiling all different variations of my files for him to try out but we couldn't get them to work and I don't know why. Sorry. 

Hello, this worked just fine on my golf 7 R 2015 with mib2!

After reading on other forums the sound warning does not work on VW for some reason, but I dont care that much.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

@fletch71

Unfortunately, I can't get hold of a good free reliable database that updates frequently enough so I have made a deliberate decision to exclude mobile cameras from my compilations. 

• 4 weeks later...

Morning Bigade,

Going to give this installation a bash this morning. Inside the extracted EU Speedcams folder, the Personal POI folder has 3 subfolders, MIB2DE, MIB2HIGH and MIB2TSD. Do I have to choose one of these subfolders or the 'first' POI folder? Excuse my ignorance.

19 minutes ago, snowglowjoe said:

Morning Bigade,

Going to give this installation a bash this morning. Inside the extracted EU Speedcams folder, the Personal POI folder has 3 subfolders, MIB2DE, MIB2HIGH and MIB2TSD. Do I have to choose one of these subfolders or the 'first' POI folder? Excuse my ignorance.

The "first" POI folder along with the accompanying meta text file should do the task.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bigade1 said:

Ok once again for whoever wants them is my latest customised version of EU Speedcams ( June, 2020 ). They consist of EU speed cameras which I've split up into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own preferred personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Enjoy!

2002628576_EURedlightSpeedcam.png.a65a555fcd9d2d25f9d50c853bf7c270.png 553530988_EUFixedSpeedcam.png.a730e71f2483b5b5d8f1d3ed5ed3012b.png    838584675_EUAverageSpeedcam.png.8c08cc1b44468f54e7c9f7dcdf08b507.png   912793780_EUVariableSpeedcam.png.9bf05d1e28a585fb58ac84caadb674b1.png

EU Speedcams June,2020.zip 4.11 MB · 10 downloads

Thank you...👍