First changes to make

TheRoq

22 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

.... can't see me and SWMBO sitting in the back of her SEL having a Costa coffee and Gregg's sausage roll, no pun intended!

yeh right whatever ;)

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thought I was old at 53, OOOPPPSSS!

:crying: 60 now. But 60 is the new 50! Or something like that. See why the BMW 330d with run-flats (for drifting round corners) ended up as a much more sedate, comfortable car. With INDICATORS no less. We all know about Beemer drivers....:)

23 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

:crying: 60 now. But 60 is the new 50! Or something like that. See why the BMW 330d with run-flats (for drifting round corners) ended up as a much more sedate, comfortable car. With INDICATORS no less. We all know about Beemer drivers....:)

Yeah my neighbour had his mid-life crisis early at 45 when he traded his sensible 320D M Sport saloon for the 420D M Sport coupe despite having 3 kids to squeeze in the back. Hope they like Daddy's ego influenced choice rather than the practical one.

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah my neighbour had his mid-life crisis early at 45 when he traded his sensible 320D M Sport saloon for the 420D M Sport coupe despite having 3 kids to squeeze in the back. Hope they like Daddy's ego influenced choice rather than the practical one.

Coupe? Crazy choice. Couldn't wait for the kids to fly the nest eh?

So glad when our kids got their own cars, funny how I've gone more sensible than ever with a Karoq !!

I could havesaved money and had a Fiat 124 Lusso Spider with leather heated seats etc. etc. OK so it might break down now and again :tongueout: but it would be fun for a while :biggrin:

124.jpg

124-2.jpg

Dealer has rung to say car still not with them so can't give us a date, but has managed to give us their bank details for the transfer :dry:

Still hoping for next week.

Meanwhile have ordered the vent covers, plus rear rubber mats (they're putting in carpet mats at the handover) and have whiled away the time by deleting our Yeti from the My Skoda app and putting in the Karoq VIN - which tells me the car was built March 4th.

Come on!

Just ordered vent covers, having seen  the pics on the earlier postings. Seems like a good idea, particularly as I had to clear all of the rubbish out of the vents of my Superb before I sold it this week. All I need now is a Karoq to put them on! Supposed to arrive at the end of this month.

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

oi oi, i managed to convince my wife prior to giving birth that 3 series is a practical family car, in reality i wanted that bmw for me!

having this car and karoq, comparing the two, my bmw is still bigger just as safe looking at NCAP website, the only key difference is karoq being an SUV has higher roof and more clearance off the ground.

the 4 series comes in two flavours coupe 3 door or 5 door gran coupe, its only advantage over 3 series practicality wise is much wider bigger boot opening, i want the coupe one next :D

12 hours ago, vadimo said:

having this car and karoq, comparing the two, my bmw is still bigger just as safe looking at NCAP website, the only key difference is karoq being an SUV has higher roof and more clearance off the ground.

Other differences are that the Karoq is probably a lot cheaper to own (purchase, service, insure), and that it is a foot shorter. The BM is of course better built and will be much more fun to drive. People will see the Skoda badge and think the car is owned by a penny-pinching old-codger who drives everywhere at 10mph below the speed limit. People will see the BM badge and think far worse:biggrin:. I rather miss my old 3-Series, but not the £300 minor / £480 major-service cost.

28 minutes ago, Orville said:

People will see the Skoda badge and think the car is owned by a penny-pinching old-codger who drives everywhere at 10mph below the speed limit.

:D:D

36 minutes ago, Orville said:

... the car is owned by a penny-pinching old-codger who drives everywhere at 10mph below the speed limit....

And?

:D

22 minutes ago, Michael G said:
1 hour ago, Orville said:

... the car is owned by a penny-pinching old-codger who drives everywhere at 10mph below the speed limit....

And?

You have obviously seen me driving in Cheshire in my wifes Fabia. 115bhp, but when driven by moi, has a 0-60 of 20mins ish

Edited by OldKaroq
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Michael G said:

First bits have arrived. Shame the Skoda dealer rolled em up tighter than a gnat's ring.

Just need the car.

Mike this is just what I need - I had some similar ones for my (about to be changed) Kia

Could you give me details so I could purchase some tightly wrapped mats please?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

...Could you give me details so I could purchase some tightly wrapped mats please?

:D

They are just the rears, for when we're forced to have the grandkids in the car ;)

Cheapest I could find were these from Plymouth Skoda. They do wrap em tight but next day delivery so...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-KAROQ-REAR-RUBBER-MATS-BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-57A061512/183076570544?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

30 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Mike this is just what I need - I had some similar ones for my (about to be changed) Kia

If you google Karoq accessories there is a complete brochure with all the part numbers and prices.

Quite a selection available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldKaroq said:

I got mine through a link on these forums from Mike at Listers, worth dropping him an email with what you want, good prices and delivered flat in a big box.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

So glad when our kids got their own cars, funny how I've gone more sensible than ever with a Karoq !!

I could havesaved money and had a Fiat 124 Lusso Spider with leather heated seats etc. etc. OK so it might break down now and again :tongueout: but it would be fun for a while :biggrin:

124.jpg

124-2.jpg

Are you a hairdresser by any chance?