1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

Is this thought to affect every 1.5 or just a fault that has appeared in a good number of cars. I have a 1.5 SEL Manual on order which will probably be delivered January time. This fault is making me nervous about what I've committed to buy. 

What you need to do is to go to your dealership tell him of the issues and fire warn them that you want to test drive he car before you accept it . Drive it fir a few mikes and if it dies the same as we have got then refuse delivery. 

Tgst shoukd make the salesman heart jump 

8 hours ago, TheGrayMonk said:

Is this thought to affect every 1.5 or just a fault that has appeared in a good number of cars. I have a 1.5 SEL Manual on order which will probably be delivered January time. This fault is making me nervous about what I've committed to buy. 

I don’t think anyone on this forum can answer that question. It could be so but I’m sure there are many driver/owners who don’t know of this forum and simply think “that’s the way it is”

I also wonder how many have simply accepted what dealers are telling them such as “They all do that,”  “you need to adapt your driving style,” “the car will adapt to your driving style in time.”   “It’s just the way it is,”

I think everyone on this forum has experienced comments such as these. Speak to your dealer now and register the fact that you are aware of this fault  already complained about by many owner/drivers. 

On 12/11/2018 at 20:51, DC79 said:

Over on the T-Roc forums, a VW customer has been told the fix will be available in the 2nd quarter of 2019. 

If this is a genuine VW source and just not a dealer, then it suggests the problem is hardware rather than software.

13 minutes ago, fidelio said:

Where did you derive that from?

Taking over 6 months (with 3 or 4 they supposedly already been working on a fix) is not just a software fix plus WLTP if that is required.

Its something more serious or fundamental

Of course the source might just be dealer or VW UK spouting nonsense and putting a 6 month delay in place to ensure they can refuse customers trying to reject cars under the consumer rights act.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

?

Why are people believing what someone on a VW forum say they were told, or believing what is posted on BRISKODA that people are being told.

They might be getting told, but that is 'Customer Services' or Dealership Employees 'Managing Customers expectations'.   or as is known, 'spinning a story' and spinning it out as long as VW Group can get away with in Europe / Home market.

Get in writing from Skoda UK Customer Services, or VW, Audi or SEAT about 'Imminent Fixes'  Actions being taken, investigations being carried out etc.   

Otherwise a verbal statement is not worth the Paper not written on.

2 minutes ago, Offski said:

?

Why are people believing what someone on a VW forum say they were told, or believing what is posted on BRISKODA that people are being told.

They might be getting told, but that is 'Customer Services' or Dealership Employees 'Managing Customers expectations'.   or as is known, 'spinning a story' and spinning it out as long as VW Group can get away with in Europe / Home market.

Get in writing from Skoda UK Customer Services, or VW, Audi or SEAT about 'Imminent Fixes'  Actions being taken, investigations being carried out etc.   

Otherwise a verbal statement is not worth the Paper not written on.

I did qualify my statement saying IF this was a genuine VW source.

Of course we can ignore it, and maybe ignore all the moaning minnies here who can't drive their cars properly, after all dealers haver never seen a problem, just like they didnt see any elevated idle problems on this engine. I must have imagined that when I test drove a 1.5tsi. Silly me.

• Like 1

Here in Greece, i mentioned the problem to my dealer's service manager and he responded that the information they have from SKODA is :

At the moment there is no fix and as soon as there is one available it will be updated in a TPI.

This means they r aware of the issue and they are working on it.

It cannot get more official than that

• Like 1

@xman  Sorry that was not a reply to your post.  We posted at the same time i never read your post.  I was making a general statement.

@fidelio  That Dealers Service Manager should be happy to put that in writing and even show you the communications received from Skoda / VW.

Not Data Protected obviously...

There will be a TPI about a possible up-coming TPI, or just information on 'Managing Customer / Owners expectations.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

They advise the dealers not to tun any inspections/ or maintenance regarding the problem and that there is no fix available at the moment. As soon as there is one they will update the TPI.

The communication was with the service manager of the skoda dealership and he replied with what i wrote above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, fidelio said:

They advise the dealers not to tun any inspections/ or maintenance regarding the problem and that there is no fix available at the moment. As soon as there is one they will update the TPI.

The communication was with the service manager of the skoda dealership and he replied with what i wrote above

Rephrased... "Yes we know there is a problem, do nothing, we'll let you know when/if we fix it"

• Like 1

Well i put a kind of link up showing what someone already posted here about Meaden Skoda saying 'Come on down'.  paraphrase.

Easy enough to remove.  Mods can or i can.

Kangaroo movements in first gear. Solution. see page 2. - Page 2 - Skoda Karoq Forums.mhtml

Why does the person called Tom Sexton who is a Dealer Principal say 'Apparently' to Colin.   

A fix has been released 'Apparently'.   is there a release or just might it Apparently be 'a fix' ?

Edited by Offski
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Offski said:

Why does the person called Tom Sexton who is a Dealer Principal say 'Apparently' to Colin.   

A fix has been released 'Apparently'.   is there a release or just might it Apparently be 'a fix' ?

In case it doesn't work?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Offski said:

Good though. 

So Apparently 'Meaden Skoda' have available the Software to apply an Update, so all the UK Approved Repairers should have.

Owners should contact their chosen Dealership and arrange an appointment 'Apparently'.

Yeh right. Watch this space!! Skoda UK didn't mention a fix being available when I spoke to them yesterday afternoon. More fake news????

Edited by AMC150
More info
  • Thanks 1

The fact you're able to post the link would suggest a work-around, or that Briskoda hasn't flagged that site as not allowed.

I tried to post a link to another Kodiaq forum and the post was automatically held / hidden until approved by a moderator, which it wasn't.

Hopefully a screen grab is allowed...

Capture.thumb.JPG.5b528ea4922d64729efc5b5353a0f73e.JPG

• Thanks 1