1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

37 minutes ago, Armeg1 said:

I rejected my 1.5 and got a 2.0tdi instead like chalk and cheese.

The 2.0tdi is spot on..

Skoda and my dealer dealt with it 1st class.

My dealer still hasn’t been in contact after being told a month ago to ring me by Skoda Uk and finance company. 

It took approx 3 months to sort out my rejection. Skoda UK were really helpful and always contacted me when they said they would. The dealer though took forever to action anything; I wanted to deal with them and get a diesel from them but their poor customer service ensured I went elsewhere. I’m now in a tdi Sportline and it is brilliant, great to drive and not one kangaroo!  

9 minutes ago, Sean191 said:

It took approx 3 months to sort out my rejection. Skoda UK were really helpful and always contacted me when they said they would. The dealer though took forever to action anything; I wanted to deal with them and get a diesel from them but their poor customer service ensured I went elsewhere. I’m now in a tdi Sportline and it is brilliant, great to drive and not one kangaroo!  

I’m only 10 days since I told them I want to reject but nearly 3 months in a hire car, I want out of Skoda as quick as possible. 

2 hours ago, StEdmund said:

There are things about this whole smelly affair that I just don't understand. When faced with a 1.5 petrol vehicle being rejected, why doesn't Skoda offer to replace it with a 'current' 1.5 instead i.e. one that doesn't kangaroo down the road or stagger into traffic at junctions? Everyone who has owned a Karoq says that the car is excellent ....... apart from that 1.5 engine; I would certainly be willing to swap mine for a good 'un. In principle, the Karoq ticks all of our car-requirement boxes.

Or, is that VAG/Skoda don't have an answer and are continuing to produce the same dodgy 1.5-powered cars and selling them to unsuspecting buyers? If this were to be the case, as I suspect that it is, then it is a scandal and we can only conclude that the press has been gagged by the threat of withdrawn advertising revenue.

Was the problematic (blowing up the pistons !!!) 1st generation 1.4 tsi a scandal? Not at all. Why should this be?

For anyone on here that successfully rejected - How long did it take to get deposit back? Did you get a full refund of all monthly payments?

Had mine 3 weeks, then returned and in loan diesel for 6 weeks. Then had my 'fixed' original back for 3 more weeks, but ironically not fixed. 

Thanks 

7 hours ago, Sean191 said:

I’m only 10 days since I told them I want to reject but nearly 3 months in a hire car, I want out of Skoda as quick as possible. 

We had PCP finance so technically the Finance company  own the car and they are the ones who must reject it. We, therefore, notified VW Finance company we wanted to reject car and reasons why. Finance company told us it could take 8 weeks to investigate. They took the full 8 weeks. ALL monies then refunded by dealership within a week once rejection accepted. If you bought the car direct from dealership you reject to the dealership. Either way the law insists refunds are paid without any undue delay once a rejection is accepted. Monies included deposit, all monthly payments, value of part- exchange, protection policies etc.

If you are rejecting the car it is best not to continue driving it, as this can weaken your case. However, I think Skoda can no longer claim that there are no issues with this car. Put everything in writing ( including records of telephone calls). Good luck.

58 minutes ago, Rich1point5SEL said:

For anyone on here that successfully rejected - How long did it take to get deposit back? Did you get a full refund of all monthly payments?

Had mine 3 weeks, then returned and in loan diesel for 6 weeks. Then had my 'fixed' original back for 3 more weeks, but ironically not fixed. 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, LittleOwl said:

We had PCP finance so technically the Finance company  own the car and they are the ones who must reject it. We, therefore, notified VW Finance company we wanted to reject car and reasons why. Finance company told us it could take 8 weeks to investigate. They took the full 8 weeks. ALL monies then refunded by dealership within a week once rejection accepted. If you bought the car direct from dealership you reject to the dealership. Either way the law insists refunds are paid without any undue delay once a rejection is accepted. Monies included deposit, all monthly payments, value of part- exchange, protection policies etc.

If you are rejecting the car it is best not to continue driving it, as this can weaken your case. However, I think Skoda can no longer claim that there are no issues with this car. Put everything in writing ( including records of telephone calls). Good luck.

I’ve been out of the car for 10 weeks now and informed the finance company 10 days ago of my decision to reject the car, I’ve owned it since March 2018, I didn’t know if I’d be entitled to any money back, I suppose they sold me a faulty vehicle and if I’d bought it out right I’d be entitled to a full refund, if I am entitled to money back then I hope this won’t be an issue, it hasn’t really entered my head as it was a pcp, I’ve paid 12 months now. 

I got full refund and all my payments back took 2 weeks in total.

Skoda and dealer we're spot on 

I got full refund and all my payments back took 2 weeks in total.

Skoda and dealer we're spot on 

If that’s the case that’d a dream scenario, I formally told the finance company 10 days ago of our decision to reject, we’ve owned the car coming up to 13 months, been in a hire car for 10 weeks, I know they’ve no leg to stand on regarding this so I’m hoping I get the same result you did. 

8 hours ago, Rich1point5SEL said:

From officially raising the complaint to receiving a decision took 5 weeks. 

After receiving the decision I had to arrange the return of the Karoo with the dealership and receieved my deposit by means of a cheque on handover.

I didn't receive a full reimbursement of my monthly payments as 'I was never without the vehicle and therefore had use of the goods' as stated by VWFS, but I received a few back. VWFS only repaid the monthly repayments once the dealer had settled the finance, so that can take as long as a piece of string.

6 hours ago, Gaz1985 said:

From officially raising the complaint to receiving a decision took 5 weeks. 

After receiving the decision I had to arrange the return of the Karoo with the dealership and receieved my deposit by means of a cheque on handover.

I didn't receive a full reimbursement of my monthly payments as 'I was never without the vehicle and therefore had use of the goods' as stated by VWFS, but I received a few back. VWFS only repaid the monthly repayments once the dealer had settled the finance, so that can take as long as a piece of string.

It’s seems strange that some people got a full refund, deposit and all monthly payments and you only got a few, also the time scale for different cases, I drove a faulty vehicle for 10 months until it was deemed safer to put me in a hire car, am I right in saying you where with Alex Lawrie Gaz 1985? They’ve been poor to put it mildly. 

My understanding of Consumer Rights Act 2015 -

1. Short term right to reject within 30 days of delivery - any issue is automatically considered inherent, don't have to allow retailer an attempt at a fix, full refund of all monies paid.

2. Reject within 6 months - Retailer has right to attempt fix, burden is on retailer to prove issues were not inherent at time of delivery, fair deduction for wear and tear can be made on refund if continue to use goods.

3. After 6 months - Burden is on Consumer to prove that issues were inherent at time of delivery, fair reduction for wear and tear can be made on refund.

Refunds should be made without 'undue delay' once retailer agrees consumer entitled to refund (guide is 14 days). Refunds must be given using same payment method consumer originally used, unless consumer expressly agrees otherwise.

10 minutes ago, LittleOwl said:

My understanding of Consumer Rights Act 2015 -

1. Short term right to reject within 30 days of delivery - any issue is automatically considered inherent, don't have to allow retailer an attempt at a fix, full refund of all monies paid.

2. Reject within 6 months - Retailer has right to attempt fix, burden is on retailer to prove issues were not inherent at time of delivery, fair deduction for wear and tear can be made on refund if continue to use goods.

3. After 6 months - Burden is on Consumer to prove that issues were inherent at time of delivery, fair reduction for wear and tear can be made on refund.

Refunds should be made without 'undue delay' once retailer agrees consumer entitled to refund (guide is 14 days). Refunds must be given using same payment method consumer originally used, unless consumer expressly agrees otherwise.

Yeah, I’ve read that, I’ll be in number 3 obviously but the fact that Skoda have admitted there was a problem since it was built then should have no problem rejecting the car, any monies owing in a car with 8000 on the clock but still immaculate in the outside and in should be decent hopefully. 

5 hours ago, Markyj said:

It’s seems strange that some people got a full refund, deposit and all monthly payments and you only got a few, also the time scale for different cases, I drove a faulty vehicle for 10 months until it was deemed safer to put me in a hire car, am I right in saying you where with Alex Lawrie Gaz 1985? They’ve been poor to put it mildly. 

Yes you are right but all my dealings were with VWFS as it was on PCP, A.L. were just under instruction from them who I cannot fault.

In my case Alex Lawrie weren't an issue, it's VWFS who technically owe me as its their decision.

Maybe one day when VAG admit they cannot fix it the people affected by the 1.5Tsi scandal will all be fully reimbursed plus compensation and have vehicles bought back. Maybe one day I'll see those owed payments and some compensation.

Maybe one day I'll see pigs fly too....but I think I know which day will come first sadly. 

23 minutes ago, Gaz1985 said:

Yes you are right but all my dealings were with VWFS as it was on PCP, A.L. were just under instruction from them who I cannot fault.

In my case Alex Lawrie weren't an issue, it's VWFS who technically owe me as its their decision.

Maybe one day when VAG admit they cannot fix it the people affected by the 1.5Tsi scandal will all be fully reimbursed plus compensation and have vehicles bought back. Maybe one day I'll see those owed payments and some compensation.

Maybe one day I'll see pigs fly too....but I think I know which day will come first sadly. 

I’ve had no admittance of a fault  from Alex Lawrie and no contact from them since my car was left there, not heard from Skoda Uk for a month now and am waiting to hear from the finance company, the whole experience with this car is so disappointing after really enjoying the experience of my first 2 fabias, I’m gonna push the finance company this week who to be fair have been great, I’ll be bringing up monies owing once I get a decision. 

1 minute ago, Markyj said:

I’ve had no admittance of a fault  from Alex Lawrie and no contact from them since my car was left there, not heard from Skoda Uk for a month now and am waiting to hear from the finance company, the whole experience with this car is so disappointing after really enjoying the experience of my first 2 fabias, I’m gonna push the finance company this week who to be fair have been great, I’ll be bringing up monies owing once I get a decision. 

Thats unbelievable, how can they not acknowledge the fault when they have had at least one customer return a car?

Like I said mine was on PCP with VWFS and I dealt solely with them. VWFS instructed / agreed with A.L. to return my deposit. It was a slick proess of returning the car and receiving my deposit via cheque, in and out within 10 minutes.

If your finance company is VWFS then get onto them, like LittleOwl said it is they who own the car therefore it is their decision, not Skoda UK nor A.L.

Fell free to p.m. me if you want any more advice before we hi-jack it into a rejection thread. :blush

• Like 1

This topic has saddly turned into a topic for rejection.

Does somenone have info on the performance of the car after the update? Has the problem been definately solved?

How about pre WLTP models, did someone had an update on that?

On 12/04/2019 at 07:39, kifir said:

«Front assist” shutting down does not change anything on my Octavia (factory date 24.07.2018).

From personal experience on 95 petrol kangaroo are much less than 98.

On 12/04/2019 at 15:42, StEdmund said:

Two days ago, I collected my 'fixed' Karoq from the dealer - I have yet to fully test it and I won't consider it tested until 2-months of motoring have passed. We are now outside of the 6-month period but, believe me, if the car isn't right, then I will drive it down to the dealer and I will NOT be driving it back home again. I teetered on the brink of rejection before, and I still wonder if I did the right thing.

8 minutes ago, fidelio said:

This topic has saddly turned into a topic for rejection.

Does somenone have info on the performance of the car after the update? Has the problem been definately solved?

How about pre WLTP models, did someone had an update on that?

Mine is July 18 and no fix available for it yet.