which wiper blades should I go for

Hi, My mk2 octavia is in need of some new wiper blades.

The question is, which brand should I go for?

I want the aero flat type ones. My current ones are bosch.....

I have heard that some people have experienced problems with some wiper blade brands not clearing the rear screen properly.....

Which brand do skoda originally use theirself? Or do they make their own blades?

I went with Bosch as I had previously had problems with other makes on the rear of my Mk1 Estate. So I ordered Bosch again on the Mk11;  A 400 H for the rear and Aerotwin A 937 S on the front from Windscreen Wipers Direct. Not replaced the front yet but the rear works well on the Estate.

Bosch for the front. 

Valeo for the rear. 

If I go the other way, they drag/squeak. 

Fatblokevrs, I use wiperblades.co.uk, just enter your VRN or vehicle details and it will present you with a myriad of blades and options to choose from. 

I bought some BOSCH ones from euro car parts today. The front ones are great. But the BOSCH rear one didnt fit my car for some reason. I couldn't get it to fit on the wiper arm and push the clip into its place. I didn't want to force it and break it so I just took it back and returned it. It was the only one they had for an octavia. I might try a valeo one on the rear as Fin69 said.

I bought Bosch out the Range Store and they work well but the left hand (passenger) one doesn't clean the bottom few inches of the screen right at the outside edge .... I'm sure although it says it's supposed to be a 19" blade that it is to long and an 18" would be better, I've used 18" up to now as I had some in the garage from when I'd my Citroen and never had an issue 

For reasons unknown, my rear one always missed a bit in the middle on my Oct 2, even when I replaced with a brand new OEM one.

As for the fronts I used OEM from TPS

On 3/31/2018 at 17:50, FatblokeVRS said:

Do you have a link?

Just looked on ebay there is loads as said above its Bosh A937S , just search mk2 octavia wiper blades  some were £18 deliered.

This is part no is for pre face lift not sure if f/l is the same pin type .

Edited by willy0329

Don't scrimp on wiper blades.

Skoda use Bosch out of the factory, so when buying from a main dealer you're paying quite a bit more for a Skoda branded box.

I once tried Valeo and they squeaked the life out of me.

Bosch all the way, for both the pre-FL and FL you need A937S as already mentioned (both front wipers).

Stick Bosch A937S into Goggle or eBay and there is loads of choice for around £20 delivered to your door.

Just be careful buying solely on price, there are fakes out there.

• Like 1

Carparts4less - same company as ecp, but chepaer. And you still get discount codes on top!

I find that my front wiper on the driver's side doesn't press firmly enough so there's a less well swept patch in the middle of the screen. New blade didn't fix it, so I suppose there's not enough pressure in the spring holding the wiper against the screen...

My estate rear one has always been pants; just drags and judders across on the way back. Anyone else had that and found a brand that doesn't leave a whole load of jump lines over the rear wondow??

46 minutes ago, blackspaven said:

My estate rear one has always been pants; just drags and judders across on the way back. Anyone else had that and found a brand that doesn't leave a whole load of jump lines over the rear wondow??

I found the Bosch rear wiper blade dragged/jumped and also left a big pile of crud helpfully right in my eyeline.

Changed over to Valeo (but still using Bosch on the front) and it is so much better. 

Still not happy with the front as they occasionally tend to drag*, but according to the dealer they are operating they should. 

Just like the automatic lights.... 

Just like the automatic wipers.... 

*a weekly clean with AG Glass Polish helps but doesn't totally eliminate it. 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. It's my turn now. I need to get a whole set (front and rear) as none of the wipers blades is wiping across the entire thing.

I looked up Aerotwin but cannot find a listing for all three, and there seem to be a different opinion about the rear one.

Has anybody got a good link I can use? I ran a few searches, and, there is an order I have placed at one shop for gas struts, I could probably cancel that order and re-order to add more stuff since it's a one-off free shipping but still £25? It's still £25 with free shipping elsewhere isn't it?

Anyway, has anbody got a recommended link, hopefully for a whole set?

On 3/31/2018 at 21:15, ScoutCJB said:

For reasons unknown, my rear one always missed a bit in the middle on my Oct 2, even when I replaced with a brand new OEM one.

As for the fronts I used OEM from TPS

Yeah that's happening on mine too. I've bought it last month second hand, so I assumed it's an older wiper blade, but this is now making me wonder.

Any ideas anyone?