Octavia 245 Owners Club

Had since start of November and still love it. Quality car. Dsg with canton. Just done a 500 mile round trip getting 40mpg. I know that's not important but still decent. Not driving miss daisy either

20180125_111900.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, pkoconnor said:

Also in the white club 2500 miles in.

Couple of changes.

Eibach Pro kit fitted

Milltek Cat Back

VWR filter

VCDS

SoundAktor turned off

D5392C04-A6D3-4C39-92A4-FEF3DE9DEF21.jpeg

I really want to add the same springs. Unfortunately with the missis being a learner the insurance aren't interested.  You need to post a video of the cat back. Be interesting to hear the difference.

1 hour ago, pkoconnor said:

Also in the white club 2500 miles in.

Couple of changes.

Eibach Pro kit fitted

Milltek Cat Back

VWR filter

VCDS

SoundAktor turned off

D5392C04-A6D3-4C39-92A4-FEF3DE9DEF21.jpeg

How is the spring kit doing ? how much lower ? looks great.

• Like 1

Got mine last month, 450 miles on her currently.

Corrida Red Estate, no options other than a spare wheel :)

Quick pic after putting some 'mirror' glaze and wax on it.

Photo_25-03-2018__1_35_41_pm.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, RussTi said:

How is the spring kit doing ? how much lower ? looks great.

Works really well on the Octavia.  This is my second set now and had the Eibachs on my previous 220.  It doesn't take any of the ride comfort away but feels better at speed and around corners. 

Plus I still like to load the boot up with camping gear so didn't want it to low. 

18 hours ago, Janno1 said:

I really want to add the same springs. Unfortunately with the missis being a learner the insurance aren't interested.  You need to post a video of the cat back. Be interesting to hear the difference.

Will sort out some vids for the performance forum. 

My 245 with DCC has arrived, but I can't get my paws on it as I have to go through the pain of transferring my reg across... hopefully no more than two weeks until playtime! 

_20180412_170644.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DSG, sunroof, heated screen.

LED rear indicators, TSR, off-road info, ATA warning, auto aircon fan speed, 4-flash overtaking - all seem to be enabled, somehow...!

5000 miles on it since September and getting 45 mpg on a decent run!

Washed.jpg

Edited by mumphie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mumphie said:

DSG, sunroof, heated screen.

LED rear indicators, TSR, off-road info, ATA warning, auto aircon fan speed, 4-flash overtaking - all seem to be enabled, somehow...!

5000 miles on it since September and getting 45 mpg on a decent run!

Washed.jpg

That is one awesome car!! I’d take all that and Canton in an estate if the lottery came my way!

My 220 with Pano & Columbus will have to do for now! 

BE29B298-DBAC-48D9-841D-6B9F494B4529.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

That is one awesome car!! I’d take all that and Canton in an estate if the lottery came my way!

My 220 with Pano & Columbus will have to do for now! 

BE29B298-DBAC-48D9-841D-6B9F494B4529.jpeg

I wanted an estate originally, but as we all know, factory orders are, ahem, problematic. Had to "settle" for an ex-demo hatch, and as it turns out, I'm BLOODY pleased with it!

• Like 3

Just now, dunc69 said:

@mumphieEnjoy it mate! Top, top car, and the boot is still huuuuuge! 

Damn right! Nice motor yourself, by the way - Canton and Columbus would've been nice too, and the pano on the estate is phenomenal!

• Like 1

Got my 245 DSG on the 8th Feb, currently on 2700 odd miles wothout issue.

long list of options including Sunroof, DCC, ACC, Kessy, Canton, Reverse Camera, Heated Windscreen and a few other bits.

Currently running approx 300bhp with a JB4 and intake along with lightweight Forged wheels on PS4-S but ill be fitting a Hybrid Turbo, Downpipe, Intercooler and shooting for 400bhp with a custom remap (and JB4 stacked) and DSG tune and fitting my 6-piston 356mm big brake kit to handle the hike in power.   Also contemplating some Eibach Pro springs to give a modest drop and even out the arch gaps a little.

With VCDS ive disabled the soundaktor and enabled Auto Hi-Beam & VAQ “increased traction” 

Great car! 

FB196B19-B5B4-48AF-AADF-7D8E1D3D67CC.jpeg

1F090125-A57A-4288-83FE-59FACE493C45.jpeg

4B202115-1A2E-40BC-AFA9-C368B18F6344.jpeg

6DB4F1DD-9FA8-40B4-8B1F-8D8AC405B31E.png

Edited by Muzza80
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

long list of options including Sunroof, DCC, ACC, Kessy, Canton, Reverse Camera, Heated Windscreen and a few other bits.

Currently running approx 300bhp with a JB4 and intake along with lightweight Forged wheels on PS4-S but ill be fitting a Hybrid Turbo, Downpipe, Intercooler and shooting for 400bhp with a custom remap (and JB4 stacked) and DSG tune and fitting my 6-piston 356mm big brake kit to handle the hike in power.   Also contemplating some Eibach Pro springs to give a modest drop and even out the arch gaps a little.

With VCDS ive disabled the soundaktor and enabled Auto Hi-Beam & VAQ “increased traction” 

Great car! 

1F090125-A57A-4288-83FE-59FACE493C45.jpeg

4B202115-1A2E-40BC-AFA9-C368B18F6344.jpeg

6DB4F1DD-9FA8-40B4-8B1F-8D8AC405B31E.png

Wheels are sweet. You must have deep pockets!

mcalren-570s-rt-2016-wc-961.jpg

1 hour ago, stepdavi said:

Wheels are sweet. You must have deep pockets!

mcalren-570s-rt-2016-wc-961.jpg

Haha, cheers but not especially deep, the wheels I picked up for a real bargain and the car was free (I won it on BOTB, just had to pay for the options) so I can afford to spend a bit on it.  

:) 

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:30, themanwithnoaim said:

Driven like I'd just stole it for 6680 miles since collecting on the 25th August 2017, debadged, tuningboxed, pedalboxed & air intaked.

Fuelly.com has its long term avg at 24.9mpg but, I Don't drive with economy in mind.

Only downside is the dealer got the first 2 letters of the reg round the wrong way !!!

20170825_161807.jpg

Are you in the National Farmers Union?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Great car! 

This set of wheels look wicked on the VRS!!!

Are they 19"? Would love to fit a set when the VRS 245 arrives in Singapore in August.

The local dealer have kept the price low by specifying the car with 18" instead of the 19". Still no idea what wheels are going in.

And no DCC which might be a deal breaker if the test ride turns out too stiff or crashy.

• Like 1