Octavia 245 Owners Club

1 hour ago, Badlammy said:

set at only S$850 with Pzero tyres and still no takers

All likely buyers know that they will need 4 new tyres... I'm not saying your set are badly worn; more that the main use for Pzeros is propping up tyre test tables.

• Like 1

Possibly my last post here, loved my nearly two years in the 245 it’s been great but the lease deals have switched to another vag product 16 weeks and counting. Gonna miss the boot space! 

D69A339F-03DF-481B-A99E-6ADCEE7A9024.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTi said:

Possibly my last post here, loved my nearly two years in the 245 it’s been great but the lease deals have switched to another vag product 16 weeks and counting. Gonna miss the boot space! 

Cupra is excellent if the boot space in the hatch is not a problem (ST model solves this however).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RussTi said:

My current thoughts, one of these (or its replacement) or the Golf GTI. Once my lad no longer needs his buggy.. should be the case by Nov when my lease is up reduced boot space will not be an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Cupra is excellent if the boot space in the hatch is not a problem (ST model solves this however).

The difference between taking the front wheel off my bike and not. Tough choice but the deals on current 245’s are not there and it’s down on power 😎 

13 hours ago, RussTi said:

I test drove one of these as my lease is up in May but felt so claustrophopbic compared to the 245.  The estate version would be better but obviously more expensive.  Plus the new model is coming anytime now.  Found a good deal on a Volvo V60 so may be going that direction

14 hours ago, RussTi said:

The difference between taking the front wheel off my bike and not. Tough choice but the deals on current 245’s are not there and it’s down on power 😎 

Its kinda ironic, all the time I was looking but not ready to take a lease earlier on in 2018 there were stunning deals on 5 door cupras.. but you had to wait at least 6 months for delivery. By the time I was looking there were deals on the vRS and the boot size on top of this won it for me.

Same. I was quoted nearly £100 more per month to extend the lease for a year! No way the car will be worth £4k less in a years time so I think now is the time to buy it. £17100 is the lowest I can buy it for. There is a car like mine, but DSG, on Auto Trader for £19k at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

So my car had its first service yesterday at just over 5700miles from new and 15months into my 24 month PCH. Probably not the cheapest price at £199 but then I have no affiliation with any dealer as its a VWFS/Skoda FS owned car. Can't fault driverline and Camberley service centre, they sorted out everything. Picked up from home 10am dropped back 5:30pm paid over the phone easy. No faults on the car just the battery which tested ok is a little low on charge but then it does short journeys for family stuff in the week only no commuting. In theory this should be the only service the car requires before it goes back in early Nov this year.

• Like 1

Seems that a lady has purchased my 2017 stage 2 Vrs245 because the tuner AmD have contacted me to ask if they can send her all the invoices showing they did the work. Having nothing to hide and confident of the quality of their work I agreed now she will she how much I spent and what an absolute bargain she got (no idea what she paid). If she is an enthusiast hopefully the car will reappear on here in the future and she can continue to enjoy the car as much as I did if she can tame the beast.

58 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Seems that a lady has purchased my 2017 stage 2 Vrs245 because the tuner AmD have contacted me to ask if they can send her all the invoices showing they did the work. Having nothing to hide and confident of the quality of their work I agreed now she will she how much I spent and what an absolute bargain she got (no idea what she paid). If she is an enthusiast hopefully the car will reappear on here in the future and she can continue to enjoy the car as much as I did if she can tame the beast.

I reckon it's your Wife. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, matt_black_90 said:

Has anyone changes exhaust on a rs245 2019?

I'm looking at a scorpion cat-back (ssk003), but their English website list it for fitting "vRS 2.0 Tsi 265(?) 2013 - 2018"

And their swedish site says its for "RS 5E 2016-2017"

Your dual GPF are probably the issue as they fill have to be fitted to the car to get it through the M.O.T. in 2022.:wondering:

Joined the club.

Picked this up weekend past. Not had much time with it yet but loving it so far. Just trying to keep away from kerbs! Liking the updated interior coming from a Mk2 vRS. . 

20200206_155001.jpg

Edited by Tazdaz
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, pkcskoda said:

Looks good must be a challenge with the shiny grill 🤔

Just the normal 245. December 2017 build. I think it is just the black pack for the grille, but could be wrong.

Thought my headlights were far too high but seems that they adapt whilst driving. 

9 minutes ago, Tazdaz said:

Just the normal 245. December 2017 build. I think it is just the black pack for the grille, but could be wrong.

Thought my headlights were far too high but seems that they adapt whilst driving. 

If it has both front electric seats and folding electric mirrors it will be the limited edition model produced for about 6 months from launch. Should have front parking sensors as well.:wondering:

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong word

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

If it has both front electric seats and folding electric motors it will be the limited edition model produced for about 6 months from launch. Should have front parking sensors as well.:wondering:

Yeh, it has all of the above assuming you meant mirrors. I didn't realise there was a special run of them. Thanks for the info.  

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tazdaz said:

Yeh, it has all of the above assuming you meant mirrors. I didn't realise there was a special run of them. Thanks for the info.  

Yeah, it's the 1st version of the Challenge model, it'll have black exhaust tips & 310mm ventilated rear discs. The challenge had keyse & DCC added but what's more important is, you have a 245 WITHOUT a GPF