Best car mats

12 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

OEM heavy duty rubber ones. Form a tight seal around the footwell. Contains dirt and water well.  If I didn’t have two young children I may have regular carpet mats. 

Rubber mats all sounds a bit industrial to me

36 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

OEM heavy duty rubber ones. Form a tight seal around the footwell. Contains dirt and water well.  If I didn’t have two young children I may have regular carpet mats. 

I agree. Not industrial looking imo and reasonably priced.

3 minutes ago, Ianmary321 said:

I agree. Not industrial looking imo and reasonably priced.

definitely the easiest way to keep the carpets clean, especially with brats in the car and wet weather. The OEM rubber mats look pretty good. I had them ordered before I even got the car having had them in previous cars, reasonably priced too!

I have also put the Skoda OEM carpet mats away and fitted the Skoda rubber floor mats and boot mat.

Excellent quality, perfect fit, easy to clean and a bit of sound deadening to.

Lee

Standard OEM carpet mats in mine (as I personally prefer the look of them).  I have 2 kids and a small dog.  Car gets cleaned weekly and I generally give the mats a wipe if they need them.

52 minutes ago, logiclee said:

I have also put the Skoda OEM carpet mats away and fitted the Skoda rubber floor mats and boot mat.

Excellent quality, perfect fit, easy to clean and a bit of sound deadening to.

Lee

+1

I also have the one over the transmission tunnel in the back.

1 hour ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

+1

I also have the one over the transmission tunnel in the back.

Which one do you have? Is it the Octavia one from Superskoda? I haven't seen an Octavia one anywhere else even though it's supposedly OEM.

13 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Which one do you have? Is it the Octavia one from Superskoda? I haven't seen an Octavia one anywhere else even though it's supposedly OEM.

Yep, Superskoda one. Think it may actually be a Yeti or Superb 'part' that happens to fit?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Yep, Superskoda one. Think it may actually be a Yeti or Superb 'part' that happens to fit?

Thanks! I've heard of people fitting ones from the Rapid or Superb but don't think they were a perfect fit.

The Superskoda one claims to be OEM and has a part number beginning 5E0 as per most Octavia 3 parts, yet it isn't recognised in online versions of ETKA. Shipping cost ruins the price from SS :sadsmile:

We had rubber mats in our Octavia that came as part of Life Shine. They do actually say Octavia on them, exactly as the photo posted by Sasha Grace. Included front and rear mats and the boot liner. All a perfect fit.

It's a shame the driver's mat can't be bought separately, as it's always the one that wears through first, but we're forced to buy a whole set. Not very ecological...

Edited by just music
  • Like 1

I have the OEM Heavy Duty rubber mats within both my Octavia and Karoq. My Octavia mats are over 4-years old and remain as-new. I wouldn’t use anything else. Both full sets were purchased from SuperSkoda.

Edited by Orville

Got a set for mine from here http://www.motormats.co.uk/?SID=ubpujbsvelu4toplt0udk181l4 last month.  Only paid £24 for all four as they were running a 20% discount at the time (and looks like they still are now).  Very impressed with them, went for the tufted velour, look OEM and are really easy to clean :)

I bought some Ebay specials, they have the VRS logo stitched in and put the originals in the loft.
Good quality and cheap (around £25), at that price I can afford to replace them yearly.

I had rubber mats in my Fabia and they seemed to create quite a bit of condensation within the car. My Octavia has carpet mats, a rubber boot mat, and I regularly give them a clean. The drivers mat is showing a bit of wear but nothing significant. 

11 hours ago, just music said:

It's a shame the driver's mat can't be bought separately, as it's always the one that wears through first, but we're forced to buy a whole set. Not very ecological...

Don’t, I have an immaculate set of 3 OEM carpet mats for my car but no drivers mat. Annoys the hell out of me that I’m going to have to get 4.

18 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Don’t, I have an immaculate set of 3 OEM carpet mats for my car but no drivers mat. Annoys the hell out of me that I’m going to have to get 4.

I suppose it depends on if you want matching mats.   I myself can see no issue in having a driver's mat completely different from the other 3.  At the end of the day a driver mat has a different use pattern anyways 

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

+1 Happened to me on my Mk2

Rubber mats for me all the way. Live in the country and there's far too much mud around for carpet.  I'd have to be cleaning the car every month.  ;)