Still no build week!

Picked up my sportline today. So far everything is great. One thing I wasn’t expecting was flappy paddles as I hadn’t ordered them, are they standard on the sportline? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rob8980 said:

Picked up my sportline today. So far everything is great. One thing I wasn’t expecting was flappy paddles as I hadn’t ordered them, are they standard on the sportline? 

Nearly sure it is mate. Read that before 

Edit: says on the brochure that it comes on DSG models 

Screenshot_20181201-101557_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Gustychelsea
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gustychelsea said:

Edit: says on the brochure that it comes on DSG models

The brochure is clear as mud. "Extras include ...", followed by "standard with DSG".

According to the configurator, on the Sportline:

image.png.474186cf39011b964feb6052fbb966aa.png

That would suggest the DSG paddles cost extra - and aren't standard. But I wouldn't trust the configurator as far as I could throw it...

The evidence (of one person so far) points to them being standard, however, so it's a bit of a pointless debate. But this is t'Interwebs after all :D.

On 30/11/2018 at 19:39, Rob8980 said:

Just had a check. I don’t have the heated stealing wheel, just the flappy paddles. 

Woohoo! Free stuff! I always hope that they make a mistake and add free something to my car.

Hoping to have the tar camera on the screen even if it's not turned on..

On 30/11/2018 at 19:39, Rob8980 said:

Just had a check. I don’t have the heated stealing wheel, just the flappy paddles. 

Woohoo! Free stuff! I always hope that they make a mistake and add free something to my car.

5 hours ago, Iamholam said:

Free stuff is nice and all, but the paddles is something I really don't want, free or not, and deliberately didn't pick. Hope it doesn't appera on mine.

I wouldn’t worry about it, if they are now standards, you can ignore them if you like, they are smaller these the ones on my previous superb and really won’t get in the way. I wouldn’t pay for them myself, because I didn’t use them on my superb often enough to justify the cost this time, but for free, I’d rather they be there than not. 

7 hours ago, SkodaNor said:

Free stuff is nice and all, but the paddles is something I really don't want, free or not, and deliberately didn't pick. Hope it doesn't appera on mine.

Standard on Sportline. 

On 01/12/2018 at 18:03, WiggosSideburns said:

The brochure is clear as mud. "Extras include ...", followed by "standard with DSG".

According to the configurator, on the Sportline:

image.png.474186cf39011b964feb6052fbb966aa.png

That would suggest the DSG paddles cost extra - and aren't standard. But I wouldn't trust the configurator as far as I could throw it...

The evidence (of one person so far) points to them being standard, however, so it's a bit of a pointless debate. But this is t'Interwebs after all :D.

I did the same, but noticed those options in the configurator are for a heated steering wheel, the two options being for the wheels with (DSG) and without (manual) paddles.

I even looked at the interior images after configuring a DSG SportLine and it didn't show the paddles.

Clear as mud.

If the configarator is right then there is no point in the £250 wheel option because the paddles are standard anyway on the sportline (maybe) 

Edited by Rob8980

48 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

but noticed those options in the configurator are for a heated steering wheel, the two options being for the wheels with (DSG) and without (manual) paddles.

Aye, but if the DSG paddles are standard - you wouldn't expect the heated steering wheel with them to cost any extra than the one without. The reason it does on other models is because you don't get the paddles as standard. And can you even order a heated steering wheel without paddles on the SportLine if the paddles are standard (on DSG models, of course)?

I fear we're giving mud a bad name by comparing it to this :D.

51 minutes ago, Offski said:

Do the VW Group so VW, Audi, Skoda or SEAT import any MY18 or MY19 models with DSG to the UK that do not paddle shift as standard?

Yes

Examples include SEAT Ibiza and Arona (paddleshift only on FR spec, not on some other specs)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Offski said:

Do the VW Group so VW, Audi, Skoda or SEAT import any MY18 or MY19 models with DSG to the UK that do not paddle shift as standard?

My 2018 model year Kodiaq 2.0 Tsi SEL has DSG but no flappy paddles.

• Like 1

Just as well that Dealerships ordering in Demonstrators will usually tick the boxes for options.

The Arona with DSG i have driven had paddles & not seen any Ibiza DSG without, but then i never use them anyway, just look to see what size ones there are fitted.

I still do manual down shifts with the gear shifter and back to D for upshifts, and use 'S' or manual downshifts for decelerating in winter conditions and then back to 'D'.

4 hours ago, Offski said:

My MY18 1.4TSi Edition is DSG, and without paddles. Might have ordered them if there was a way to get them without paying for a heated steering wheel.

• Like 1