Will you be watching. The Royal Wedding 19th May 18

Auric Goldfinger

not if I can help it no...   but no doubt the wife and girls will be...   so I may go cut the lawn or something (anything really!!)

19th is our Wedding Anniversary (28 years).  Me & MrsV6TDI are going away for a few days.  No, we won't be watching.

Gaz

MIL is having a wedding party in her house. Swmbo going over along a few other friends. 

I will be minding spuderick and resting up to go on a night shift at work. 

I might flick over a couple of times, see if anyone runs into the church to declare their reason why it cant happen. And a bit of out of my league "talent spotting" among the guests,and tbh Ms Markle isnt exactly difficult to look at ;) plus shes 25% Irish so we have a link :D

Is it a lot of pomp? Yeah,but some love it and it doesnt hurt tourist trade for UK.. Did Harry's predecessors reek havoc in my country and others? Yeah, but thats not his fault, or his immediate familys so im not anti current monarchy over that. 

Ergo - if your not interested dint watch it. If you are, enjoy the entertainment. as long as Kay Burley isnt the only painful voice on the tv all day, it shouldnt be too offensive for anyone ;)

Edited by mac11irl

I’m going to have a nail party,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that’s  a six inch rusty one and a 2lb lump hammer to drive it thro my k##b rather than watch that drivel then wait a couple of years for the inevitable divorce.

10 hours ago, mac11irl said:

...and tbh Ms Markle isnt exactly difficult to look at ;)

Bit of a weird nose and mouth combo though???

I can't believe you're all so negative.

Just think how quiet everything will be while the numpties queue up to watch a rich inbred German marry the niece of a cannabis farmer.

It'll be brilliant, shops empty, roads quiet, attractions without queues.

Can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Me- havent't quite decided whether to remember dad's last day on earth- he died on 19/05/ 2008, or the day of my driving test pass ,way back in the late 60's. I think ,dad would rather I celebrated my 50 odd years behind the wheel by having  a pint and leaving the car with out keys in ignition,.

On 16/05/2018 at 19:11, Lee01 said:

< 0 ****s given here 
Will the grooms father, Major Hewitt be best man?

Don't drive through any tunnels without a seatbelt after making that statement on a public forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/05/2018 at 10:00, skomaz said:

Bit of a weird nose and mouth combo though???

Do you not like it when girls have both a nose and a mouth, then?

13 hours ago, Aspman said:

It'll be brilliant, shops empty, roads quiet, attractions without queues.

Except in/around Windsor... Roads shut, people everywhere, shops bursting, traffic backed up past Swindon...

I am doing a locum. I hope it will be a nice quiet day in the Pharmacy and I will be able to finish reading my book. Sunday I am out riding my bike with the family, that I really am looking forward to.

1 hour ago, Ttaskmaster said:

1 hour ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Except in/around Windsor... Roads shut, people everywhere, shops bursting, traffic backed up past Swindon...

Finding it difficult to drum up any sympathy.  I'm sure they like association with The House of Orange the rest of the time.

Prince Charles is taking Megan up the aisle. Well I think that's what they said on the news. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

Finding it difficult to drum up any sympathy.  I'm sure they like association with The House of Orange the rest of the time.

I happen to be stuck right between Windsor and Swindon, so we get a lot of fallout even though it's nothing to do with us.

Fake plastic smile Tourist Trap of a town full of rich yobs and chavvy snobs, the worst of both worlds, with more swarming in from Slough, Dedworth, Langley and Bracknell.

We've been doing works there recently and all the rehearsals have been going on. The regular-looking folk appear utterly hacked off with the whole shabang!

I quite enjoyed the last visit of her Maj to where I lived. Again no interest in the royals but we got all our old streetlights replaced, pot holes filled and new lines painted. Funny money is always  found for maintenance for a royal visit and now I really do believe that the queen thinks the world  smells of fresh paint.

• Haha 1