Pressure washer suggestions?

langers2k

I got a Karcher K2 about 17 months ago and it's failed completely. It's really not had that much use so frankly, I'm a little disappointed in it...

I'm now in the market for a replacement, I'll probably get something a little larger in the hope it'll last better. Having had a quick look around the most temping options are:

Bosch AQT 42-13 @ £180

Nilfisk Compact 135 @ £150

Karcher K4 @ £165

Bosch can be bought from John Lewis so if it failed, I could return it easily as I did with the K2.

Nilfisk seem to have good things said about them, no idea how good warranty is.

Karcher look to win many awards/best of class but I'm concerned about reliability given the K2.

Any other suggestions or feedback on the pros/cons of the three I've found?

I can only vouch for the karchers, my 5.7 has performed well for a good number of years and was only bought to replace another karcher 5.7 that was stolen.

Not sure on the pressures and flow rates of the ones you picked but the karcher K2 is like a waster pistol so i'm sure you won't be dissapointed

+1 for karcher, just bought a k3 full control premium coming from a k2. If youre not in a rush then check wickes and b&q regularly as they always seem to have karchers on sale

Edited by greenineboss

Good to hear feedback on some of the other Karcher units.

At least on paper, all three are pretty similar in power, flow and price:

- Bosch AQT 42-13 is 130 bar and 420L/h.

- Nilfisk Compact 135 is 135 bar and 440L/h.

- Karcher K4 is 130 bar and 420 L/h.

Not in any major rush but I'd like to pick something up in the next few weeks :)

I had a bosch aqt that served me well. When it eventually died I got a nilfisk compact , which lasted a week before completely dying. I'm now the owner of the karcher k2 compact which I'm more than happy with. I'm toying about taking the £17 / 3 year warranty on it also for peace of mind. Apparently Argos just do a straight swap in store for you if there's a problem with your unit.

I've had the Nilfisk C110 for 4 years and I've had one issue with the hose splitting but I think that was down to me storing it with a kink in the hose.   The C135 has the reel on top so I wish I'd have gone for that one. 

Great washer IME and I'd buy the C135 if mine packed in. 

I have a Karcher K4 Full Control, and I'm very happy with it.  Came from an old-style Compact Karcher (before the K Series appeared) and that didn't last long as it didn't get much use.

The K4 seems pretty good.  I picked it up last year in the Amazon Black Friday thing...I won't say how much I paid :blush: - lets just say it was C H E A P

Its only had minor usage up to now (cleaned 1/2 the driveway - my driveway is quite long) and the car a few times.  The kit that comes with it (Full Control at least) was worth it - patio cleaner etc.

I wouldn't say it was super powerful, but then again, its 240v so they can only pump out so much with an electric motor doing the driving - but it does get the dirt off the driveway and car and that's what I wanted it for.  All Karcher K4's have 3 year warranty (5 years on the Full Control Premium). So if it breaks they'll fix/replace it :)

I have the Karcher K4 full control too. Previous to that I had the Karcher 6060 for over a decade without issue. Roughly about the same power as the previous model but much quieter. It’s water cooled too so the motor doesn’t overheat. The light up handle is a gimmick.  Check the hose length if you want the K4 as the non premium ones tend to be a bit shorter. 

If you do your drive or patio then send the extra to get this attachment, it is very quick and much less mess to use. 

Just for interest my previous 6060 my brother now has. He’s changed the hose but it’s  still going strong. 

29 minutes ago, CWARD said:

The light up handle is a gimmick.

Ageed.  Mine is always set to "Hard" (no innuendos please :cool:) anyway, for the most power :) 

29 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Check the hose length if you want the K4 as the non premium ones tend to be a bit shorter. 

I didn't know that!

I've got the ALDI Workzone 250bar 3.5HP petrol pressure washer...its an absolute beast and is dead easy to start with an all metal pump.....never go back to a cheap plastic Karcher again!

Edited by The Skud

Another vote for Nilfisk. 

When I got it I heard that they use a brass pump body whereas the Karcher's use plastic which can crack.

Which ever you choose, getting a longer hose is well recommended so you can get round the whole car without moving the washer.

I currently have a Karcher, which my old one failed after 8 years, my friend kindly gave me his Karcher which is around the same age but a more powerful model & I've had this now for 1 year & still going strong, I was at the time going to buy one of these https://www.directhoses.net/collections/electric-pressure-washer/products/copy-of-directhoses-all-black-8-electric-pressure-washer-upgraded-wire-reinforced-hose-quick-fit

There is a thread on here about them :thumbup:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/416999-direct-hoses-power-washer-review/

Edited by BATVANVRS

I've a karcher k4 and I'm happy with it.

The main thing to look out for when looking for a pressure washer is the motor / pump is watercooled. I know the lower down karchers are aircooled. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 18 months in with the Direct Hoses All Black 8.

Some batch related issues reported last year - thankfully i escaped these.

A new version2 on sale for 2018 and so far - all i hear are good things.

Lances and accessories are very cheap on ebay/China purchase too.

https://www.directhoses.net/collections/electric-pressure-washer/products/copy-of-directhoses-all-black-8-electric-pressure-washer-upgraded-wire-reinforced-hose-quick-fit