New vrs order cancelled by dealer

SurreyJohn,  many will order and wait when the order books are open, and they will want to know what they can have, will there be spare wheels as standard or will they be an optional extra, because there might be different WLTP figures. 

There will have to be the information on build weeks in reasonable amount of times unlike is presently happening where people are having to be lent vehicles as leases expire, or lease extended, or the vehicle being traded in can not be traded in as the 'black hole' delivery setup is as bad as it has been over the years.

More clarity from Skoda UK would be a good thing, 'Simply Clever' But Rod McLeod the head of Skoda UK since February seems a bit silent on things.

http://fleetworld.co.uk/top-level-staff-changes-at-volkswagen-group-uk 

The New Head of lack of communication or clarity.

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.3d0cd25182f29ac829db4d9064ddc2cf.jpg

Edited by Offski

Ok I accept my error of saying half of car buyers are private, having checked April’s figures it was 75,607 out of 167,911 so my loose term half, should be 45%

Some companies give car allowances, max monthly lease cost, or even salary sacrifice (although now no longer as tax efficient) where there are no car choice restrictions. It was these I was trying to highlight, such people choose their car for what they like, and artificial test results won’t be a prime factor in choice.  I do accept some companies do restrict choice in company car schemes including emissions so these people might need to wait, but that doesn’t stop others buying blind (not knowing test results) in meantime.

Ultimately, if delivery won’t be until December or early 2019, little to be gained from closing order book and then reopen it few weeks later, especially if delivery was going to be 6+ months time anyway.  If reopen and get surge of orders as 3 months orders come in together, what advantage is that, that’s my point, a temporary shutting is pointless, only makes sense to close what is being discontinued in long term.

Just spoke to customer services.

The dealership shouldn't have taken my order, they have all known this was comming for months/order books closed and it is all to do with the new type approval/emmissions tests.

He cannot see the order book opening again for a number of weeks, he mentioned September and deliveries are months away.

He is looking into why they took my order now and getting back to me later today.

Edited by mercactrps

Update 

Customer services just called 

The petrol version is comming back September ish for ordering.

Diesel no replacement has been given for this engine.

Reading between the lines he doesn't think that there will be as all information given by skoda says no direct replacement at all. 

Surely they won't not make a diesel vrs?

Looks like a change of make then.

Edited by mercactrps

They might drop diesel VRS, really depends on if other VW group cars can make use of the same engine, if not then hard to justify the cost of R&D work to meet new emissions rules. 

Can be done of course, but if the development costs cannot be shared, could end up with a £2k-£3k extra price premium on each car to cover the cost, so might not be commercially sensible

They could be quick to remove the diesel vRS from sale, the unpopularity of diesel currently could lead to poor demand. If they cannot get the current engine through WLTP, I would guess they will be quite happy to drop the diesel. It's a shame they never used the 2.0 BiTDi in the Octy. That would have been a killer combo in the heyday of diesel a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

They might drop diesel VRS, really depends on if other VW group cars can make use of the same engine,

so you would then expect Skoda to also drop the more powerful Scout version, VW to drop the Golf GTD, and Seat not to have a similar engine in a Leon. (and presumably there is an Audi A4 variant or 2 which would have that engine as well)

Just spoke to jct600 at Sheffield regarding a Golf.

Vw have closed the book on the Gti and Gtd.  She said don't no why nothing to do with 2019 build swap over they got a memo on Monday to say no orders been accepted.

Wonder if they are going to get new engines in them?

Guest garpat32

Not sure how much truth there is in this stopping VRS orders because of upcoming emission changes.

You can still order GTI's and Cupra's, and I'd imagine the similar Audi engine cars.

Surely the changes would affect all petrol engines anyway, not just VRS's?

10 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Not sure how much truth there is in this stopping VRS orders because of upcoming emission changes.

You can still order GTI's and Cupra's, and I'd imagine the similar Audi engine cars.

Surely the changes would affect all petrol engines anyway, not just VRS's?

You cannot order Golf gti or Golf gtd. I have spoke to jct600 and parkway both said order books closed.

There is a direct replacement pending for the petrol, but no replacement for the diesel.  Skoda uk said that to me this morning.

Edited by mercactrps

I doubt the non-SCR variants will get through WLTP.

VAG have already said they will be decreasing the capacity to produce diesel engines due to downturn in sales and move those plants to hybrid and BEV.

So will they decide not to ramp up production of the 190SCR units and relatively niche models like the Disel vRS may well pay the price for that.

Guest garpat32

Strange as I know two colleagues who have recently a GTI and the other a Cupra, same engines as the VRS.

Also VW are still taking orders for the Golf R as well?

As happens a lot though, non of the VAG groups CS seem to know or be able to say exactly what is happening.

I would assume each manufacturer gets given a set amount of engines depending on predicted sales forecasts

certainly the sales forcast for the diesel will have taken a knock in recent years, so they mightn't have had so many engines prepared

At some point they will have to stop taking orders for vehicles that can not be delivered by September, or cancel orders.

Or have the petrol vehicles built with the GPF's and Diesels with acceptable emissions and the testing results.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/analysis-are-car-makers-ready-wltp 

Supplier Prevent holds Volkswagen’s feet to the fire.mhtml

Edited by Offski

47 minutes ago, tunedude said:

I would assume each manufacturer gets given a set amount of engines depending on predicted sales forecasts

Diesel engine production plants will be able to produce "X" amount of SCR diesels.

VAG will prioritise which models these go in.

The decision maybe that the VRS no longer gets a diesel option.

Diesel sales are declining and VAG have already said they are looking at reducing diesel options and will not ramp up the SCR diesel production because of WLTP. Some models will just have fewer diesel options.

Lee 

Edited by logiclee

We have an Octy Scout 184ps on order with a confirmed build week 22 (next week). Ordered on 27th March. Order book for this model closed first week in April. Presumably, this is the same power lump that goes in the diesel VRS.

So today I’ve just ordered my new Diesal VRS , private not business quoted a 20 week delivery . I can live with that , will be on a 68 plate . Will update you if it gets scrapped 

On 23/05/2018 at 21:14, Bowdie said:

We have an Octy Scout 184ps on order with a confirmed build week 22 (next week). Ordered on 27th March. Order book for this model closed first week in April. Presumably, this is the same power lump that goes in the diesel VRS.

Yes, same engine. Good luck. 

I think VW has big problems delivering engines. T-Roc is on wait list for 6 months for order. Must be same thing here. Octavia Diesel is sold wery good. Even with all Germany BS and scaring people off. Which is way to sell more PH and EV...

Skoda is not planing PH in Octavia for now. But that would be a killer VRS!

Edited by Croat

On 23/05/2018 at 15:03, mercactrps said:

Just spoke to jct600 at Sheffield regarding a Golf.

Vw have closed the book on the Gti and Gtd.  She said don't no why nothing to do with 2019 build swap over they got a memo on Monday to say no orders been accepted.

Wonder if they are going to get new engines in them?

I have just bought a 6 month old Golf GTD dsg last week,i was talking to the salesman about stuff & VW are stopping making manual versions of the GTD & GTI but you can still order & buy the DSG versions as i was going to buy new but we found this 6 month old one at a great price instead. They have stopped production of the GTD blueline model though.

Edited by mikey vrs

29 minutes ago, mikey vrs said:

They have stopped production of the GTD blueline model though.

Oh...the same Blueline model that nobody bought :biggrin:

There was no point to the GTD Blueline, as it was exactly the same as the Standard GTD, the only difference was the wheels.  So they may as well have just made the blueline's 17" wheels an option on the standard GTD

• Haha 1