Colour Choice

My L&K is at the dealers for a service and they have loaned me a courtesy car.

It’s a Superb Estate Sportline DSG and the colour is “Dragon Green” metallic.

IHMO It’s the most hideous colour I have ever seen on a car. I’m embarrassed to have it sitting on the drive. It’s so nauseating my wife has just asked me to close the curtains so that she can’t see it lol!

I’m all for something a bit more colourful than the drab greys but this colour is way too out there...

I guess it’s one of those marmite love it/hate it things.

Sorry for any offence caused but I just had to get it off my chest ;o)

• Sad 1

Many manufacturers seem to have a fairly bright metallic blue ( what I call a tropical fish type colour) . This appears on the Octavia but not the Superb.

Us Superb owners have to contend with the 9-5  'workers' drab colours.

Why bring out more powerful versions ( 280) but condemn us to boring colours.  Dragon Green certainly makes a statement but not sure its a statement that many would put their name to.

Perhaps a vinyl wrap is the way to go - at least we get to choose some decent colours.

8 hours ago, xman said:

I would have liked a deep cherry/burgundy metallic, but no such choice :sadsmile:

Agree the dragon colour is yuk, looks yellow to me.

Yeh I would have liked a metallic dark red similar to the Mazda and Renault  you see about. it would suit a large car 

as for dragon green, I quit like it but didn’t have the nerv or the £800  

A good quality  ' Vinyl Wrap ' could last at least 3 years and you can indulge yourself in any colour you fancy from  chrome silver ( ?)  to matt black.

I think the "Dragon skin" (name of the colour here in Norway) is quite cool! Looks good with the black trim of the Sportline. But I'm happy with my business gray 280, boring colour but fits nicely to a "sleeper car" B)

• Like 1

This is a great-looking car. After I bought my demo in red, the dealer replaced it with a Dragon Green model. (The worst colour name ever - it's yellow for a start, with a hint of blue.) I was gutted. I love this colour. 

I quite like it, but not sure I could live with it for X years.

I would have chosen Velvet Red, but £900 for it was going a bit IMO.  Its only a standard metallic colour AFAIK.  Ended up with Black :)

I quite like it as it is different

But our first 2 Octavia Estates were a dark metallic green  (although I think Dragon is more yellow than green)

At least it should be easy to find,  in a car park full of boring grey cars

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my first ever Skoda a week ago. Collected it from a dealer in Scotland. Got the Dragon Green. I absolutely love it. Was going for Corrida Red SportLine Estate, until my 17 ye old son showed me the Dragon Green estate. I also thought OMG No! But after seeing more pics and YouTube videos, I changed my mind and now I'm absolutely delighted with it. Panoramic roof, and all the black trim set the colour off very nicely.

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

• Like 1

@Rifleman I did extended test drive with a pink Superb. I could not consentrate on testing the car at all and constantly tried to hide under the dashboard if anyone I knew would see me. 

It was a paintbox color that pink so my dealer had payed extra for it. And later I saw that they had ordered a full spec 280 estate with exactly the same pink color. Poor guys.

To their defence, it was a time when paintbox had just arrived and probably they did not know how pink that pink looks in real.

So yes, I would have LOVED to do that test drive with a Dragon Green Superb instead:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

2 hours ago, Justgenius said:

I just got my first ever Skoda a week ago. Collected it from a dealer in Scotland. Got the Dragon Green. I absolutely love it. Was going for Corrida Red SportLine Estate, until my 17 ye old son showed me the Dragon Green estate. I also thought OMG No! But after seeing more pics and YouTube videos, I changed my mind and now I'm absolutely delighted with it. Panoramic roof, and all the black trim set the colour off very nicely.

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

Looks good on the estate :thumbup:

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

I couldn’t decide on a colour so asked the factory not to bother....

A461283D-FC44-4319-93DD-52A15EE742C4.jpeg

Yes that's a nice colour too... Would look good on the estate also.

I used to own one just like this back in the day.

image.png.e9c52f44ed2ead65f5827e7f5afbe488.png

Always thought it would be a lovely colour for the mk2 Superb. Not sure whether the angular lines of the Mk3 would suit it though. It never really worked on the S Type IMHO.

image.png.7e7f821f0cef594bd8d927e691b65c56.png

So when I got one of those it was this colour.

image.png.2c70e79c82c54b16bbe2834ef40f4315.png

If I had to choose a date when middle age set in, it was probably the day I picked it up:D.

I had a quick look at the online Car Configurator on skoda.co.uk to see if you could select a Greenish colour which might look close enough to the Jaguar green, but couldn't find any. I also noticed the Dragon Green doesn't seem to be an option anymore on the SportLine Estate model. Does anyone know if that colour has been withdrawn?

16 hours ago, penguin17 said:

I couldn’t decide on a colour so asked the factory not to bother....

A461283D-FC44-4319-93DD-52A15EE742C4.jpeg

Yes that's a nice colour too... Would look good on the estate also.