What part of your car would you like to change?

Disable start/stop - with a DSG it just tries to kill you at every junction

Enable rear side lights with DRLs - why would I not want people behind to see me as well

Tune the engine to give the extra 70HP it's capable of

Driver seat which goes lower

Reduce throttle lag

2 rear fog lights - I know the arguments on both sides but personally I believe more light is better when visibility is poor

(I know most of this can be fixed by various means)

• Thanks 1

Maybe its just me but I find the luggage carrying arrangements slightly frustrating. Whilst the estate is a big car it is sometime difficult to stack boxes in the boot  as the slope of the rear window causes issues.

My previous car, a SEAT ALTEA XL had a sliding rear seat, and also the ability to set the backrest in a more vertical orientation. With just two people and lots of "stuff" it was surprisingly more capable than the Skoda, as it is not everyday that you need space for rear passengers, but you cannot trade it for boot space.

Also the throttle lag is very annoying, bordering on dangerous. 

32 minutes ago, xlray said:

Maybe its just me but I find the luggage carrying arrangements slightly frustrating. Whilst the estate is a big car it is sometime difficult to stack boxes in the boot  as the slope of the rear window causes issues.

My previous car, a SEAT ALTEA XL had a sliding rear seat, and also the ability to set the backrest in a more vertical orientation. With just two people and lots of "stuff" it was surprisingly more capable than the Skoda, as it is not everyday that you need space for rear passengers, but you cannot trade it for boot space.

Also the throttle lag is very annoying, bordering on dangerous. 

I also find the sloping rear window a nuisance. The Passat is much more vertical/practical. 

Since changing the throttle response to the Audi setting, together with another adaption - whose name I forget - my car has been transformed. 

I would really like to have a manual trim control for the headlight dip level! I find the auto levelling on start-up much too low/close. It really bugs me driving at night as I simply cannot see far enough ahead on dipped lights. There is easily scope for the level to come up plenty more without dazzling oncoming traffic. I would love to know if this is something I can sort somehow on mine, dealer said they can't because it's at the 'legal maximum'!?

The throttle response is one thing that I have already changed (with a  DTUK Pedal Box+, absolutely awesome, highly recommended!) 

The stock response is a total insult to an otherwise great car. 

I'm not a fan of the ACC either and almost never use it but it's so relaxing to drive anyway I don't really need it. Standard CC would be preferable.

I'd like to see full engine power available as a stock tune. 

Oh and headrest height adjustment on the Sportline seats. I'm tall. 

Edited by TGR

1 hour ago, TGR said:

I would really like to have a manual trim control for the headlight dip level! I find the auto levelling on start-up much too low/close. It really bugs me driving at night as I simply cannot see far enough ahead on dipped lights. There is easily scope for the level to come up plenty more without dazzling oncoming traffic. I would love to know if this is something I can sort somehow on mine, dealer said they can't because it's at the 'legal maximum'!?

The throttle response is one thing that I have already changed (with a  DTUK Pedal Box+, absolutely awesome, highly recommended!) 

The stock response is a total insult to an otherwise great car. 

I'm not a fan of the ACC either and almost never use it but it's so relaxing to drive anyway I don't really need it. Standard CC would be preferable.

I'd like to see full engine power available as a stock tune. 

Oh and headrest height adjustment on the Sportline seats. I'm tall. 

I don't have a superb yet, but, you should have adjuster screws on your headlights. I've adjusted two cars with hid headlights up as they were terribly low. They did not dazzle anyone and I was never flashed after adjustment 

3 hours ago, TGR said:

I find the auto levelling on start-up much too low/close.

There is a service recall, ref 94K1, for the adaptive bi xenon system. This is related to alignment issues and the issue was first spotted here by users reporting as you describe. Maybe this is relevant to you?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, boydeee said:

I don't have a superb yet, but, you should have adjuster screws on your headlights. I've adjusted two cars with hid headlights up as they were terribly low. They did not dazzle anyone and I was never flashed after adjustment 

Not sure but I don't think that's possible with the Xenon light units. There are sensors that measure the angle of the car and operate the automatic levelling system. I've read that altering the height of the beam needs to be done via coding.

On the basic halogen units yes, there are adjustment screws.

10 hours ago, Sagalout said:

There is a service recall, ref 94K1, for the adaptive bi xenon system. This is related to alignment issues and the issue was first spotted here by users reporting as you describe. Maybe this is relevant to you?

Thanks very much. I have my first proper service coming up so will mention this to the dealer (again) and hopefully they can sort it.

42 minutes ago, xman said:

Not sure but I don't think that's possible with the Xenon light units. There are sensors that measure the angle of the car and operate the automatic levelling system. I've read that altering the height of the beam needs to be done via coding.

This is my understanding also.

2 hours ago, xman said:

Ah ok. I unfortunately don't have a superb yet. My experience was from adjusting my Golf mark 7 GTI, civic FN2 and the wife's Swift sport and they're all HID units. They all had height and left/right adjustment. The golf also had the option switching from RHD to LHD via the infotainment unit. 

Best bet is take it to a garage like you recommend!

1. Better ride over poor (ie most) road surfaces. (It's not a smooth as some reviews made it out to be).

2. Radio station change to pop up in the maxi-dot when android auto is being used and the maxi-dot is set to show current speed.

3. Xenon / LED headlights rather than halogens.

4. Less notchy gear change - is sometimes very reluctant to change down to 2nd or 3rd when being rushed.

5. 1st gear to be a bit longer - but really just characteristic of most manual diesels, so probably wish it was DSG.

6. Auto-high beam to work below 40mph.

6. Lane assist to work below 40mph.

7. Sat nav screen to be mounted higher so is more in line of sight with road.

8. Retractable parcel shelf to retract smoothy and fully.

9. Rear wash wipe is next to useless.

1 hour ago, Mon55 said:

6. Lane assist to work below 40mph.

My lane assist works fine below 40mph (even down as far as 20mph) if the lane markers are clear enough.

Agree entirely on start-stop - it should be an infotainment option like lane assist.

One more from me - better (ie quieter) tyres.

2 hours ago, Mon55 said:

3. Xenon / LED headlights rather than halogens.

5. ... so probably wish it was DSG.

7. Sat nav screen to be mounted higher so is more in line of sight with road.

9. Rear wash wipe is next to useless.

3. Buy some Osram Night Breaker replacement bulbs. 

5. Yes, you do...

7. As long as they can do it so it doesn't look like someone has just slotted a tablet in the dashboard. Probably can't do Sat/Nav as a HUD?

9. Mine works well. Mind, I haven't really used it that much. I do use the wiper plenty, though. Glad I have that.

34 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

My lane assist works fine below 40mph (even down as far as 20mph) if the lane markers are clear enough.

Agree entirely on start-stop - it should be an infotainment option like lane assist.

One more from me - better (ie quieter) tyres.

Ah, with mine it may well because I coded it via VCDS and the ability to enable it below 40mph doesn't seem to be there on MY17 cars.

31 minutes ago, freelunch said:

3. Buy some Osram Night Breaker replacement bulbs. 

5. Yes, you do...

7. As long as they can do it so it doesn't look like someone has just slotted a tablet in the dashboard. Probably can't do Sat/Nav as a HUD?

9. Mine works well. Mind, I haven't really used it that much. I do use the wiper plenty, though. Glad I have that.

I put in Philips X-treme vision 130% bulbs as soon as I took delivery - didn't even use the standard bulbs once. The high beam is fine, I just find the dipped light with halogens to not be very good and, with age, I find as need as much light as possible to highlight potholes and the like.

Some times I long for DSG, other times I'm glad to have a manual change as I enjoy the driver involvement (except for the reluctant downshifts).

Agreed - I'm not keen on how Mercedes do it in terms or poor integration of the screen. I think the way other manufacturers do it probably works better over all - ie higher screen and manipulation via a separate controller. It seems VAG are set on dedicated touchscreen systems for the foreseeable future though.

Sounds like perhaps you are talking about the optional wiper on a saloon. The wash on the estate is renowned for being fairly useless - mainly due to the positioning of the nozzle I think - washer fluid just doesn't get across enough of the glass.

4 hours ago, Mon55 said:

I put in Philips X-treme vision 130% bulbs as soon as I took delivery - didn't even use the standard bulbs once. The high beam is fine, I just find the dipped light with halogens to not be very good and, with age, I find as need as much light as possible to highlight potholes and the like.

Some times I long for DSG, other times I'm glad to have a manual change as I enjoy the driver involvement (except for the reluctant downshifts).

Agreed - I'm not keen on how Mercedes do it in terms or poor integration of the screen. I think the way other manufacturers do it probably works better over all - ie higher screen and manipulation via a separate controller. It seems VAG are set on dedicated touchscreen systems for the foreseeable future though.

Sounds like perhaps you are talking about the optional wiper on a saloon. The wash on the estate is renowned for being fairly useless - mainly due to the positioning of the nozzle I think - washer fluid just doesn't get across enough of the glass.

I wonder if you would find much difference with the Bi-Xenon low beam? The high beam is excellent, but... Fortunately, I don't drive much at night.

This is my first automatic in many years. I love the fact that you can knock it over into a manual state and shift with the paddles or stick if you want. Then, in stop and go traffic, I don't miss having to work the clutch at all.

Yeah, I have the hatchback. 

Couple of little niggles:

• Cupholders!  Every drink i seem to take in the car is either too big or too small to fit in the fixed size cupholders  :blink:
    Why don't they use some simply clever design and use the same type in the Passat that auto adjust size to any size bottle?  

• The positioning of the USB port is terrible, would be better in the arm rest box so that there is more room for a bigger phone.

• Wish i'd got Xenons just purely for the better looking DRLs.

• Also because they are not not fitting blind spot mirrors I wish i'd got the blind spot warning assist.   Clever of them to do that as I'll now ensure i get this on any new car i buy. :wondering:

As mentioned by another owner in a different thread, I'd like to be able to adjust the sensitivity (distance) of the front parking sensors. They start getting very insistent far too early.

3 minutes ago, freelunch said:

As mentioned by another owner in a different thread, I'd like to be able to adjust the sensitivity (distance) of the front parking sensors. They start getting very insistent far too early.

Agreed - especially the side sensors. 

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Agreed - especially the side sensors. 

Make sure the sensors are clean, even a squashed bug can make them trigger a lot more often.

• Thanks 1

USB to the armrest and possibly another input in the glovebox?? 1 usb not enough these days, and as previously mentioned, not enough space where current one is

other than that, first Skoda, previously had VW CC and VW, very comparable ride and drive

4 hours ago, juux said:

Make sure the sensors are clean, even a squashed bug can make them trigger a lot more often.

Hmm that might explain my sensors going off constantly lately!

Front number plate and lights are covered in dead bugs so the sensors must be too!  :D

Yeah! I'd like my next car to be self-cleaning. I finally got around to washing the Sahara dust off my car this afternoon. The chef, from the restaurant I park next to, walked past me and said, "We were getting worried about you, the car was so dirty!" The whole neighbourhood knows me as the OCD OAP.