Citigo Electric

Ronn

VW Group have had 5 years of production experience with the e-Up! to have a bit of Vorsprung Durch Technik, and the years before e-UP! production started and the 

factory was set up.

If they balls this up what hope is there for the ID's and all the rest of the 'Simply Clever' stuff they are spinning.

The SEAT Mii Electric has the WLTP figures, will have the RDE figures, and will be getting tried out in Norway and elsewhere by journalists and road testers even though it might be Summer.

There will be Cold Weather testing, and maybe even with 4 people in the car testing which is what might matter to some, 

but maybe not to those that will be happy with 120 miles or so between charges.

Edited by Skoffski

37 minutes ago, Ronn said:

I can't count the number of times that Skoda have phoned her in the last 3 months pestering her to trade hers in

Time to tell them to never make another sales call to you, and that doing so is a breach of the GDPR.

I've got the Silly cars out of my system now. 

I've recently had 2 Audis and 1 BMW - all brand new. 

The BMW was a particular bad buy. 

Extremely expensive to buy and everything that you would normally expect on less expensive Cars, you had to pay EXTRA for. 

I could never recommend BMW to anybody, it wasn't even a particular good Car, buyers just fall for the advertising & hype, think I must have. 

Audis are much better Cars, very well screwed together & much better value for money. 

My last Audi was a MK2 TT Quatro S Line fully spec'd. 

Leather, satnav, electric pack, heated seats, etc: everything on it EXCEPT Headlight assist, because it wasn't available. 

Anyway all very Silly posing cars that cost the earth aren't worth the money. 

So I've got myself a new Suzuki Swift 1 litre 3 cyl Turo'd Hybrid. 

Wow, what a car this is!

It's quite rapid and bursting with the latest technology. 

I'm over the moon with it. 

PS. My Wife still has her Skoda Citigo greentech which we are still both happy with. 

• Like 1

Without wishing to go off topic, but as the Seat Mii electric is basically same car as Skoda Citigo electric

Seat are doing a European launch tour and will be in UK at Liverpool on June 18th

https://www.seat-mediacenter.com/newspage/allnews/company/2019/SEAT-begins-its-electric-offensive-by-introducing-the-Mii-Electric-on-its-inaugural-SEAT-on-Tour.html

Might be of interest for anyone in Liverpool area considering one of these, especially as not aware of any upcoming Skoda event where it can be viewed

• Like 1

I'm on holiday next week, otherwise I would have gone to see it. I could have made that an office day to get there. Not exactly a tour if it only visits one city in a country, but at least its not in London!

• 4 weeks later...

Well

The guy talking us through it is certainly hyping it up.

But, there's nothing ground breaking here. 

The info screen looks particularly frugal. 

TBH, think I'll wait to see what other manufactures offer to the market place. 

I'm sure some of them will be a little more adventurous than VW are here. 

Looks like it's been created on a very restricted development budget. 

Might appeal to the octogenarians amongst us, can't see many below 40 rushing out to purchase it. 

3 minutes ago, Ronn said:

Looks like it's been created on a very restricted development budget. 

Not really any different to the petrol versions then. The original concept was a cheap (near disposable) city car. However as time went on the spec continually evolved to keep interest in it so it lost it's ethos a bit. That said we have had a few in the family so I am a fan.

However I can't see the EV being particularly cheap.

Well, the Up/Citigo/Mii hasn't been out all that long. 

Was 2012 the 1st year? 

Compared to the 'new' BMW Mini, its a mere youngster. 

You can certainly see the family likeness of the Citigo withe the previous VW Fox & the even older Seat Arosa. 

Nothing much has changed in the last 20 years. 

About time VW pulled their finger out and got up to date in the City Car styling. Although a have to confess that the motoring press still give the Up/Citigo/Mii family of cars brilliant write ups. 

Skoda seem to have a face lift at 4 to 5 years, and then kill off the car after about 8 unless it is completely revamped and carries on with the same name, eg Fabia and Octavia. Yeti followed that, as did the roomster and the Rapide lasted even less. Now it is the Citigo's turn, which although a very good car, which my wife is very pleased with, probably makes little or no money for Skoda at the price they are selling for.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

An intro price of approx £15,500 on -was mentioned some months back,before this Brexit cobblers showed it was likely to change with import duties .

From the publicity vids ,it seems your own phone is still required for more display info.Mine is not compatible with SE,so shafted on that one.....

• 1 month later...

Not seen a date for Citigo electric in UK, but posting details of related car as those details are now available and can be used as a guide

Seat Mii electric was launched today

£22,800 less £3500 Government grant = £19,300

The Seat version includes free metallic paint, separate roof colour, 16 inch alloy wheels with 185/50 R16 81H tyres,

For the record (to make it easy to compare specs to Skoda version), specs include :

Body coloured door mirrors and handles

Body-coloured bumpers

Dark tinted rear windows

Door Mirrors (Heated and electrically adjustable, with integrated indicators)

Halogen front headlights

LED daytime running lights

Heated seats 

Air conditioning

Cruise Control

Electric front windows

Electro-mechanical power steering (speed-sensitive)

Heated front and rear windscreens

Rain sensor wipers

Rear parking sensors

Bluetooth® phone connection

Colour screen radio (5"") -SD card slot, -AM/FM radio 

DAB (digital audio broadcasting)

Now just need the price and equipment levels of the Citigo electric

• Thanks 1

When this was announced last Friday, I was VERY disappointed at the price. A 75% increase over the outgoing ICE model, seems crazy that a battery and  electric motor add that much.

However, I did go to the SEAT dealer to get an idea of cost to change as I was passing. They knew sweet FA about the car or pricing.... None of the sales staff had been given model specific training. Really poor effort.

They will sell all they can to VW Finance and Leasing companies & Fleet Buyers that need City Cars in Low Emission Zones as it is going to be among the lowest price EV's available.

There will be cash / finance buyers as well.

Costs more than a ICE and has benefits for parking maybe no Work Place Tax where that is introduced and low cost or free charging.

That might save £2,000 + a year or so, so over 3 years quids in.  

I know it's cool to be green but if I had £20k to spend on a car to replace my current Citigo it wouldn't be with one of these. £20k for a small car boggles my mind. Ok for around town but I met up with a mate at the weekend from Bristol up in London. He swears by his Zoe but before leaving had to plan his route and where he could stop to keep topping the batteries up. Any savings seem to offset by the cost of coffee etc whilst sitting in motorway service stations as over 2 hours was added to his journey time for charging. Not for me until battery technology makes some giant advances.

I definately won't be in the market for the new EV Citigo. 

1. Too expensive

2. Short on the range I'd demand from any EV I ever buy (250miles).

3. Same shape & looks as the existing model. 

It's a non starter for me, I'll look elsewhere. 

• Haha 1

Once you drive electric car you may get the point. It is so nice to drive. Not all of us needs to drive hundreds of km daily. Then electric car could be a good choice. And it is cheap to maintain and electricity isn't expensive, yet at least. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 05:47, Emil said:

Once you drive electric car you may get the point. It is so nice to drive. Not all of us needs to drive hundreds of km daily. Then electric car could be a good choice. And it is cheap to maintain and electricity isn't expensive, yet at least. 

I have, it's easy but it's boring. Far less driver involvement. I know we don't all need to drive hundreds of miles a day, I don't, but sometimes I do. Is it cheap to maintain? If the battery fails you may as well bin the car and I have to chuckle at the green ideals behind an electric car which uses electricity created by fossil fuel power stations and don't get me started on the enviromental damage caused during its construction, especially the battery ;).

There just isn't the infastructure to make it viable yet either having to travel out of your way to find charging points.