Citigo Electric

Ronn

Petrol powered Citigo made sense as a reasonably priced City Car that gave good mpg & many in the motoring press recommended. 

But the EV version doesn't!!! 

It's dated looks, poor spec & inflated price make no sense at all. 

The only thing going for it is, it's pointing in the right direction because it's electric. 

But even for an EV, its 0 to 62mph is poor, its top speed is poor & its range between charges is only average. 

My advise - don't buy!!! 

Wait to see what goodies other manufactures bring to market. 

They can't be any worse, can they. 

Edited by Ronn
  • Haha 2

My wife has just bought a pre registered ( 5 miles on the clock) so as new colour edition citigo for £ 9450 with road tax, rubber mats, boot mat and mudflaps included. 
She only does about 5000 miles a year and all local commute and pleasure journeys. 
We would have loved to buy an electric version as there would be no range issues but the  double the price difference made no sense at all. 

• Like 2

@Ronn

Simple design and not showy & 'i have a EV' will suit plenty.   Hopefully no rusty Fuel Filler flap area, or brake disk issues.

What others are bringing to the market are well spun.

There is the Honda, Peugeot, Renault, Nissan, MINI, BMW, MG, Fiat etc.

Check out the prices.  Other than maybe the MINI & Fiat they are a size up and a few grand up. A small Renault might be in competition with the smallest VW Group EV's.

If you just want a small City car the UP!MiiCitigo electrics are the cheapest new that will be available next year, but then you can buy used EV's for bargain prices.

My advice to you would be don't bother worrying your head on what others are buying or leasing, you just keep on trucking along.

Edited by Roottootemoot

18 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

Nobody in the UK is paying the RRP and saying i do not want the Government grant of £3,500, let me pay the full price.

Like most people in UK (who can afford an electric car), 

I "donate" rather more than £3500 to the Government each year.  PAYE, NI, VAT etc

So for me, would be a rebate of about fifth of what Government takes off me each year

• Haha 1

Yep, vastly overpriced and through tax you are paying for the government subsidy anyway. Yes it's green but from a financial point of view you are unlikely to ever recoup the extra cost. To cover the mileage required to break even a small city car is not the car for you and I don't think it would be possible to do the mileage as you'd spend most of the year with it plugged in charging.

By all means buy one but you're kidding no one by claiming it is cheaper, quieter, quicker etc. The only claim with any substance is acceleration from 0-30 mph but if I was looking for a performance car I wouldn't be buying a Citigo and putting your foot down to achieve the claimed performance is hardly 'green'. I fear people are looking at the new Citigo, Mii and Up with 'green' tinted glasses rather than what they are actually getting and what EV's could be.

• Haha 1

Electric motor is more efficient than otto engine. That's why it consume less energy. Even if you go flat out. For sure it is quieter as it doesn't burn anything. Highest speed limit is 120km/h where I live. That's why 130km/h top speed is enough. 

But to be honest I still have 2 petrol cars at the same time I have Mii electric. One up! Tsi, and one V8 car. 😄

19 minutes ago, thebrighton said:

Yep, vastly overpriced and through tax you are paying for the government subsidy anyway. Yes it's green but from a financial point of view you are unlikely to ever recoup the extra cost. To cover the mileage required to break even a small city car is not the car for you and I don't think it would be possible to do the mileage as you'd spend most of the year with it plugged in charging.

By all means buy one but you're kidding no one by claiming it is cheaper, quieter, quicker etc. The only claim with any substance is acceleration from 0-30 mph but if I was looking for a performance car I wouldn't be buying a Citigo and putting your foot down to achieve the claimed performance is hardly 'green'. I fear people are looking at the new Citigo, Mii and Up with 'green' tinted glasses rather than what they are actually getting and what EV's could be.

They're seduced by the 'new technology badge' so they waste money on these inadequate EV contraptions. 

Some people fall for the '3 Card Trick'. 

Do you remember those awful LED watches from the early 1970's.

They stood about 25mm off your wrist.

The time was not permanently displayed, that would have drained the battery in about 1 hour so, you had to press a button on the watch to read the time.

They were awful but, but some people bought them at extortionate prices just because they wanted the latest technology and they wanted to appear 'trendy'.

Well, the same people will be conned into buying the EV Citigo. 

Am I the only one that finds Ronn’s posts offensive? I would rather he stopped posting his ‘know it all’ comments and let us get on with considering the first EV that is remotely suitable. I don’t like being told what I should think or buy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Electric motor is not "latest technology". But for sure it is more modern and efficient than ancient piston engine. 

Edited by Emil

41 minutes ago, rkenny said:

Am I the only one that finds Ronn’s posts offensive? I would rather he stopped posting his ‘know it all’ comments and let us get on with considering the first EV that is remotely suitable. I don’t like being told what I should think or buy!

rkenny,

I'm ony offering my decades of experience to you fellows to benefit from. 

If you don't wish to take advice, just don't read my gems. 

It's that simple

It's like the off button on your TV (assuming you have one). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rkenny said:

FYI There is an 'Ignore User' option to ignore posts by people that you'd rather not read. :thumbup:

Thanks john999boy - funnily enough I was looking for that feature and couldn’t find it! I know I should not be be riled by wind-up merchants like Ronn but I’m a sensitive soul!

4 minutes ago, john999boy said:

FYI There is an 'Ignore User' option to ignore posts by people that you'd rather not read. :thumbup:

I nearly suggested clicking on Ronn's profile and choosing the Ignore feature which works really well for me since trying it a couple of months ago.:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thebrighton said:

I'm going to wait to see hat other car makers are putting infro t of us to tempt us before I jump in. 

Some members display too much brand loyalty and are wounded by a a guy who likes to get the biggest bang for their buck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

Please tell me where block button is on the member profiles.

There are a number on here who appear hyper sensitive & I don't wish to upset their delicate nature. 

So by blocking them I can save them any hurt. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Ronn said:

Please tell me where block button is on the member profiles.

There are a number on here who appear hyper sensitive & I don't wish to upset their delicate nature. 

So by blocking them I can save them any hurt

Thank you. 

I’m afraid that the forum doesn’t have that option - it’s down to the viewer to be selective, not the poster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

I’m afraid that the forum doesn’t have that option - it’s down to the viewer to be selective, not the poster.

So, if I receive a post from someone I wish to block how do I do it?

12 hours ago, Ronn said:

Some members display too much brand loyalty and are wounded by a a guy who likes to get the biggest bang for their buck. 

Yep, everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it's different to mine I will block you so I can't be offended.

EV's are the future but we're not there yet and VW are pulling the wool over people eyes by introducing a 'new' range of EV city cars in the body of a 7 year old model and charging a premium well beyond the petrol version. VW execs are probably right now sitting in an office chuckling to themselves. They've introduced a 'new' car at comparatively little expense in order to jump on the green bandwagon and have plucked a price out of the air knowing my taxes will help bring the price down for their loyal customers.

All those that don't like the cold, hard truth feel free to block me and I hope you enjoy your overpriced, out of date car that I've helped pay for.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, thebrighton said:

Yep, everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it's different to mine I will block you so I can't be offended.

EV's are the future but we're not there yet and VW are pulling the wool over people eyes by introducing a 'new' range of EV city cars in the body of a 7 year old model and charging a premium well beyond the petrol version. VW execs are probably right now sitting in an office chuckling to themselves. They've introduced a 'new' car at comparatively little expense in order to jump on the green bandwagon and have plucked a price out of the air knowing my taxes will help bring the price down for their loyal customers.

All those that don't like the cold, hard truth feel free to block me and I hope you enjoy your overpriced, out of date car that I've helped pay for.

thebrighton! 

I believe you're spot on with your comments. 

Your opinions on the matter reflect my own. 

• Haha 1

Why change something which is already good? Citigomiiup! is good to drive. No need to change it completely. 

Petrol version was too cheap. Not enough profit for manufacturer. 

• Like 1