What have you done to your Superb III today?

6 hours ago, Martin201 said:

Just changed Haldex oil and cleaned strainer on pump, the car is under 13 months old with 14300 miles/23000 km. My wife and I use 50/50 of driving where she never knowingly used full throttle and I have never launched ( yet ) am not averse to the odd spirited pull away once moving but not by any means excessive. Whilst the oil still looked good for mileages I’m well pleased to have cleaned pump. 

CACBDA4C-1F3E-4D93-B005-9583487A6F5E.jpeg

Nice Zip wheels!

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Can I move in for FREE save me a small fortune, no kids just me and SWMBO, we are house trained.:tongueout:

Only if you promise to keep your car clean, it’s been well over six months since he cleaned his black I think it was golf. I’m told I’m a little compulsive about the cleanliness of mine.

• Like 1

Switched out the standard grille on my Petrol Blue Style (SE L) version for the black one from the Sportline.

Together with the black Sportline surround, it looks a whole lot better in my eyes.

Edited by kriva
  • Like 1

On 14/04/2019 at 08:59, Martin201 said:

Just changed Haldex oil and cleaned strainer on pump, the car is under 13 months old with 14300 miles/23000 km. My wife and I use 50/50 of driving where she never knowingly used full throttle and I have never launched ( yet ) am not averse to the odd spirited pull away once moving but not by any means excessive. Whilst the oil still looked good for mileages I’m well pleased to have cleaned pump. 

CACBDA4C-1F3E-4D93-B005-9583487A6F5E.jpeg

Was it too hard a job? Any more details appreciated as I have this on my own maintenance list and I had it scheduled for when the car would be 2 years old but looking at the picture it doesn't seem a bad idea to do it a bit earlier.

1 hour ago, SummersetBoy said:

Just picked up after a full 2 Stage Machine Polish/Detail, interior clean and fabric protection.

Pleased is somewhat of an understatement!

IMG_20190420_124040.jpg

Looks stunning. Do you mind me asking where you had it done? PM if you prefer. Thanks.

On 20/04/2019 at 18:00, BriskodaJeff said:

Looks stunning. Do you mind me asking where you had it done? PM if you prefer. Thanks.

Not at all Jeff, it is G.E Detailing in Evercreech, but he is also mobile now.

Edited by SummersetBoy
  • Thanks 1

On 18/04/2019 at 19:02, newbie69 said:

Was it too hard a job? Any more details appreciated as I have this on my own maintenance list and I had it scheduled for when the car would be 2 years old but looking at the picture it doesn't seem a bad idea to do it a bit earlier.

The oil change and pump clean are straightforward enough, what took some time was raising the car level safely (it took a couple of attempts until I was happy). I bought some low ramps which raised the back wheels up 65mm then jacked the front up with a couple of trolley jacks and axel stands placed under suspension joints.

The parts were genuine from different sellers but could be bought as a set. -

Haldex oil - VAG G060175A2     850ml

Drain Plug & Seal N 91082701 skoda-parts.com (30Nm)

Fill Plug & Seal  N 90281803  skoda-parts.com (15Nm)

8mm Hex key socket  

5mm Hex key socket 

10mm socket for pump bolts (9.5Nm)

Syringe/ pump for filling Oil

what I did was took car for short drive to warm oil then into garage on ramps and levelled up. Removed pump and cable, a little tight so I undid the controller the plug is fitted to which helped. Removed fill and drain plug to drain down whist pump strainer was cleaned. When finished draining replaced pump to above torque, new drain plug and fill using syringe to hole height and replace old plug. Lower car take for 10 min drive put back on ramps level check oil level and use new fill plug.

I hope this gives an idea of  what it takes, if you can get access to a lift then it would be far quicker.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Martin201 said:

The oil change and pump clean are straightforward enough, what took some time was raising the car level safely (it took a couple of attempts until I was happy). I bought some low ramps which raised the back wheels up 65mm then jacked the front up with a couple of trolley jacks and axel stands placed under suspension joints.

The parts were genuine from different sellers but could be bought as a set. -

Haldex oil - VAG G060175A2     850ml

Drain Plug & Seal N 91082701 skoda-parts.com (30Nm)

Fill Plug & Seal  N 90281803  skoda-parts.com (15Nm)

8mm Hex key socket  

5mm Hex key socket 

10mm socket for pump bolts (9.5Nm)

Syringe/ pump for filling Oil

what I did was took car for short drive to warm oil then into garage on ramps and levelled up. Removed pump and cable, a little tight so I undid the controller the plug is fitted to which helped. Removed fill and drain plug to drain down whist pump strainer was cleaned. When finished draining replaced pump to above torque, new drain plug and fill using syringe to hole height and replace old plug. Lower car take for 10 min drive put back on ramps level check oil level and use new fill plug.

I hope this gives an idea of  what it takes, if you can get access to a lift then it would be far quicker.

I do have access to a lift so raising the car would be the least of worries. So just filling it to the hole level right away is not enough to be done with it? You have to take it for a drive and then add some more If I understand right? Doesn't sound like a big job if you follow the right steps and have the necessary tools and parts.

1 minute ago, newbie69 said:

I do have access to a lift so raising the car would be the least of worries. So just filling it to the hole level right away is not enough to be done with it? You have to take it for a drive and then add some more If I understand right? Doesn't sound like a big job if you follow the right steps and have the necessary tools and parts.

Yes that is correct, the majority of the time was getting the car up and level.

• Like 1

Early April: 1500 mile round trip from Milton Keynes to Chamonix. out trip in a day and a half  with the return trip done in a day with two drivers spelling each other every 2 hours or so. Back seats lowered carrying skis and the collected material for both skiing and a wedding celebration. Still acres of spare space. Kept to UK and French speed limits with overall consumption of about 38mpg, using three tanks of fuel.

Unusually large number of roadworks, and the utter tedium of the contraflow on the M20 for Operation Brock.

Superb was faultless.....and I still haven't used full throttle!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ope126 said:

penguin17, you might want to top up your coolant whilst the bonnet is up.

It's fine.  It is within the shaded area.  The angle of the pic and slight gradient on my drive make that look lower than it is.  I parked it on the road (flatter) and checked oil and coolant etc before changing the filter. 

There was some pretty big pieces of debris under the air filter :o good job the 'snow grate' is there! Nothing Charles the vacuum cleaner couldn't manage though. 

1st service on Friday...

There must be something in the air!

These arrived this morning...….oil service and fuel filter replacement booked for Thursday morning.  (2016-70,000km)

IMG_20190430_122354.jpg

• Like 1