What have you done to your Superb III today?

10 hours ago, JR RS said:

Replaced the wing mirror indicators with sequential ones 😊

from outside stunning :)
Please share picture or video from inside of car,
worried about losing this important function, which is designed for easy diagnostic,

look at red arrow

190923_Rear_View_Mirrors_Turn_Signal_ed_4MP.thumb.jpg.37fae3295ff42734e78c6ee06e6fd52e.jpg

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

from outside stunning :)
Please share picture or video from inside of car,
worried about losing this important function, which is designed for easy diagnostic,

look at red arrow

I can confirm that from the inside, u can't see it flashing anymore, like the factory original.

I'm not fused about this.

See 1st vid below - u'll notice u can't see the flashing on the mirror on the opposite side (top left of vid).

However wat is important, is that drivers in the adjacent lanes, left or right, can see u indicating from ur blind spot and back - which in this u still can see it.

See second vid below.

"inside" view

"side" view

• Thanks 1

Engine oil changed today. It really is exceptionally quick, easy and mess-free on the 280tsi - filter cover is very accessible and comes off up-the-way and if you undo it slowly, all the oil drains back into the engine so zero mess. Sump drain is accessible without having to remove anything, and is a plastic plug that comes undone with a large flat-bladed screwdriver. Service indicator reset with VCDS.

Total cost for 6 litres Quantum Platinum 5W-40, a new sump plug, a filter with O ring, was £36.43 from TPS.

So car is happy now, with DSG, Haldex and engine oil all nice and fresh!

Edited by nicknorman

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Engine oil changed today. It really is exceptionally quick, easy and mess-free on the 280tsi - filter cover is very accessible and comes off up-the-way and if you undo it slowly, all the oil drains back into the engine so zero mess. Sump drain is accessible without having to remove anything, and is a plastic plug that comes undone with a large flat-bladed screwdriver. Service indicator reset with VCDS.

Total cost for 6 litres Quantum Platinum 5W-40, a new sump plug, a filter with O ring, was £36.43 from TPS.

So car is happy now, with DSG, Haldex and engine oil all nice and fresh!

Excellent works as always Nick!

Mine had its first service today. The quick wash it had afterwards wasn't necessary with all the rain we had today 🤣

• Haha 1

tried to fill some gaps by parts from VAG's bigger brothers
4M0 837 087

fmAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

before:

uOAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

after:

1KAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

doesn't fit as native part 😞

cAAAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

JQAAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

also have bought Oil Filler Cap Extender
06K 103 281 A
E6AAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

53 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

4M0 837 087

fmAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

before:

uOAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

after:

1KAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

cAAAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

JQAAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

06K 103 281 A
E6AAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

What's the function of the extender? 

6 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

What's the function of the extender? 

easier access for refill

1l for 2kKm 😞

On 28/05/2019 at 21:12, MartiniB said:

failed Oil burning out test,

gone just 400ml(340g) while needed 500g
guessing, because dealer were filled 5w40 instead 5w30

intervals in KM:

NAAAAgM-RuA-960.jpg

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, MartiniB said:

4M0 837 087

fmAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

before:

uOAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

after:

1KAAAgC5oeA-1920.jpg

cAAAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

JQAAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

06K 103 281 A
E6AAAgK5oeA-1920.jpg

Ooooh what are the part. Umbers first the door latch rubbers and which vag group vehicle ta 

Not quite what I did today but is what I did over the past two weeks.  I drove the car 1,600 miles from Brecon to Klaipeda in Lithuania to visit SWMBO's relatives and friends.  With the comfort and load capacity of the car, it is excellent for the job.  It's been used in Klaipeda to move father-in-law to SWMBO's studio apartment that she still owns.  He's 83 and lives alone now and his apartment that he's moved from that we've helped him sell is much bigger.  He's bought new furniture as his old furniture was about 40 years old from Soviet times, so there wasn't anything we couldn't fit in the car.

The average fuel consumption for the jorney was just over 57 mpg but it was lower than it could have been as very heavy rain and strong winds affected it for some of the journey.  One day that was fine and calm saw consumption of 62.5 mpg for that day's journey.

Our only problem came today when I heard a loud clicking noise in time to the speed of the car.  I thought it was a stone in the tyre to start with, but at low speeds I could feel a slight bump for every revolution of the wheels.  On inspection, the problem was easily spotted as a piece of metal was stuck in the middle of the rear offside (or over here rear nearside) tyre.  I went straight to the nearest tyre depot as it wasn't losing any air and they mended it in 20 minutes for a cost of €20.

All being well, I'll be back home next week after the drive across Poland, Germany, the Low Countries and then to Dunkirk.  The car will be full of SWMBO's belongings she wants to keep, so again the load capacity is welcome.  If anyone from the countries we're passing through sees me, please give a wave! 

• Like 4

This week I swapped the pedal and footrest covers with stainless steel/rubber ones (a tenner on AliExpress!), the door courtesy light with an led projector (though I may swap with one that projects the logo) and started swapping interior lighting with led. Will continue on with boot lights, rear footwell led lights (all standard white) and rear led turn signals.

IMG_20191005_134404.jpg

On 21/09/2019 at 16:46, AidanF said:

Fitted pedal covers and LED boot lights from Superskoda.

Boot lights were a straight swap out, no modifications needed and make a huge difference over the originals.

Can actually find things in the boot at night now 😁

Brake pedal cover was an easy fit, accelerator a bit more tricky, but softened in boiling water it went on without too much trouble.

Then gave it a good wash and mini detail 😎

20190921_123407.jpg

20190921_162844.jpg

20190921_123655.jpg

Jus a heads up for those changing pedal covers. The gas pedal is unnecessarilly tricky/hard but I found a REALLY easy way to do it. Just glue some strong tape under the lip of one of the long edges, fit the other side and when pushing the tapped side down pull on the tape to lift the lip open and it will slide right in. Then yank the tape out if it didn't come off already. Took me 10 s this way. 

1 hour ago, pcspinheiro said:

Jus a heads up for those changing pedal covers. The gas pedal is unnecessarilly tricky/hard but I found a REALLY easy way to do it. Just glue some strong tape under the lip of one of the long edges, fit the other side and when pushing the tapped side down pull on the tape to lift the lip open and it will slide right in. Then yank the tape out if it didn't come off already. Took me 10 s this way. 

Also had a minor battle with my gas pedal. Left it in boiling water to soften the rubber, slid on the top right, then right side, then just pushed hard down and the other side and it popped on easily. 

Collected the Big Red Bus from the Škoda dealer in Croydon after the third annual service and first M.O.T. The car failed its M.O.T.

WTF?

They said the right rear tyre was not mounted according to the printed instructions on the sidewall. I knew exactly what the problem was: I damaged the tyre in Sicily and had it repaired by the Pirelli dealer in Palermo. The mechanic mounted the repaired tyre inside out to conceal the repair.

Škoda wouldn't release the car without a satisfactory M.O.T. and did not have a tyre in stock. The problem was solved by remounting the tyre on the rim, inside in. £25. So, including minor annual service (oil change), plus brake fluid (£50), plus M.O.T. (£39), I left £303 lighter.

I should change the tyres. I found some Quatrac 5's online for around £700 fitted, and a 0% interest for 26 months credit card. Oh, joy... 😥

7 minutes ago, freelunch said:

Collected the Big Red Bus from the Škoda dealer in Croydon after the third annual service and first M.O.T. The car failed its M.O.T.

WTF?

They said the right rear tyre was not mounted according to the printed instructions on the sidewall. I knew exactly what the problem was: I damaged the tyre in Sicily and had it repaired by the Pirelli dealer in Palermo. The mechanic mounted the repaired tyre inside out to conceal the repair.

Škoda wouldn't release the car without a satisfactory M.O.T. and did not have a tyre in stock. The problem was solved by remounting the tyre on the rim, inside in. £25. So, including minor annual service (oil change), plus brake fluid (£50), plus M.O.T. (£39), I left £303 lighter.

I should change the tyres. I found some Quatrac 5's online for around £700 fitted, and a 0% interest for 26 months credit card. Oh, joy... 😥

Lesson number one never trust the Mafia with tyre repairs.:sweat:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Lesson number one never trust the Mafia with tyre repairs.:sweat:

That Italian mechanic saved my bacon at the time – for €25 and two hours of my time. The tyre doesn't look great, now I can see where the repair was done, but it has done about 3K miles and holds pressure as well as the other tyres. It was a superficial tear, repaired by vulcanizing. I was very grateful.

1 minute ago, freelunch said:

That Italian mechanic saved my bacon at the time – for €25 and two hours of my time. The tyre doesn't look great, now I can see where the repair was done, but it has done about 3K miles and holds pressure as well as the other tyres. It was a superficial tear, repaired by vulcanizing. I was very grateful.

But did you test it on a maximum Autobahn run. Don't think I would have such a repair done I like being alive too much.:sweat:

• Like 1