What have you done to your Superb III today?

Just now, D402 said:

Adjust the radio volume and a menu will appear briefly at the top of the infotainment screen with the voice enhancer settings

yeah, tried..thanks. there is no icon on the righthand side 😞

On 11/01/2020 at 07:31, kriva said:

It’s definitely not something I would have been able to do. I contacted a German guy (Coding & Tuning Niederrhein) to do the install.

In short, here’s what needs to happen:

- disassembly of pretty much half the dashboard.

- two fibre optic cables have to be installed from the MIB unit in the glovebox to the gauges.

- removal of the old gauges

- installation of the new virtual Cockpit

(up to here, with some tutorials, I wouldn’t have minded doing it myself)

- recode the new dashboard to be compatible with everything in the car (options, exact model, engine, etc.)

The coding took longer than the install, even though Matze, the installer, was extremely proficient at it. There’s no way he could have done it any faster.

After the install, we went for a short test drive together where he explained the new systems, how to switch between views (since I don’t have the VIEW button on my steering wheel), and noticed that there were two small issues that still needed adjusting.

All in all, it took exactly two hours from start to finish.

@kriva did you buy new and were able to keep the odometer correct to the car or did you buy second-hand and have to just accept the odometer value that the second-hand unit had?

On 03/02/2020 at 11:03, Jakec said:

yeah, tried..thanks. there is no icon on the righthand side 😞

@Jakec

Try Radio->Settings->Sound->Volume

This brings up a menu with voice enhancer settings on mine

Had a stage 1 remap using 99 octane Tesco Momentum and Skoda claim 268bhp on regular 95 octane unleaded but it was 283bhp standard. Skoda torque figure is given as 350nm and it was actually 369nm. Post map and the numbers rise a lot due to large Golf R IS38 turbo fitted to the Superb 272. Peak power is now 359bhp (363PS) and peak torque an impressive 514nm. More details on my thread “Living With A Sportline Plus 272 hatch”.

5CFF9CAA-EF5A-4218-9B2D-464BE4321906.jpeg

2F251264-09E0-437E-8E0F-B3AE8D81C96D.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, athol said:

Nice impressive remap, its the engine standard apart from the remap? I quite fancy getting my 280 done at some point... 

Everything on the car is as it left the factory last year including plugs, airbox, air filter and the much discussed dual GPF exhaust so it made nearly 20bhp more than I was expecting but the torque increase genuinely surprised the AmD ECU genius Ben. He certainly did his magic on this bog standard car plus the Tesco fuel helps of course.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

More details on my thread “Living With A Sportline Plus 272 hatch”.

Pop a link in your signature @shyVRS245 😉

Makes it easier for dimbos like me to find it!!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, z1ts said:

Pop a link in your signature @shyVRS245 😉

Makes it easier for dimbos like me to find it!!!! 🤣

Probably on page 2 of the MK3 Superb section unless it gets bumped upto page 1 if enough people read my first impressions of the drive home. It's bloody quick now probably 0-60mph in around 4.3 seconds, not bad for a big barge.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Probably on page 2 of the MK3 Superb section unless it gets bumped upto page 1 if enough people read my first impressions of the drive home. It's bloody quick now probably 0-60mph in around 4.3 seconds, not bad for a big barge.

Fair enough impressive - you've got me thinking about a remap for mine now!

(The signature thing I didn't know about until about half an hour ago so don't worry!)

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 23:54, Bap33 said:

@Bud Nice pics ! Were was it?

Did you refuel in between? ~1000 miles range with a 220 TSI looks awesome! 😮  

Left with a full tank and refilled in Luxembourg👍

I'm sure I could have done better but we lost about 60 mins round Stuttgart and was not driving at the most economical in order to get to Calais.

• Like 1

Replaced turn signals by dynamic

acceptable for this price,
but i will cross fingers there will come next generation version with side illumination.

r6AAAgJaleA-1920.jpg

3VD 949 102

ywAAAgFaleA-1920.jpg

delivery weren't dynamic at all -
first package came in 42 days,
but that were lights for Mercedes Benz W204
and second package were 71 day on the way

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steviedakota said:

Nice little pointless Alliexpress tweak, I wouldn't go as far to say upgrade. 😀

IMG_20200204_134055_compress32.jpg

IMG_20200204_134027_compress6.jpg

I got a similar Ali special too.....

IMAG4282.thumb.jpg.e8e6469010bf3ab3ace8c96da6016338.jpg

IMAG4279.thumb.jpg.1154c732e2808f996378d2162c880ddd.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steviedakota said:

Nice little pointless Alliexpress tweak, I wouldn't go as far to say upgrade. 😀

IMG_20200204_134055_compress32.jpg

IMG_20200204_134027_compress6.jpg

Great little mod. I bought some latch covers about 7 years ago and have just swapped them from car to car. Put some on the missus’ the Fabia too.  For a few quid they are well worth it. 

20 hours ago, D402 said:

@Jakec

Try Radio->Settings->Sound->Volume

This brings up a menu with voice enhancer settings on mine

Thank you, but it seems I turned it off via CARISTAapp as it seems -  will have to verify.

I finally got around to installing the mud flaps on my car.

The install took about 30-40 minutes for all four. The only thing I haven’t been able to do is drill the 7mm hole for the plug in the front wheel liners, but since I’ll be switching back to summer wheels soon, the ideal opportunity to do that is just around the corner.

now let’s see if the mud flaps will actually reduce the mud on the underside of the car or if they’re just cosmetic.

Even as a cosmetic item, I do like them.

• Like 1