What have you done to your Superb III today?

6 minutes ago, g_tee said:

317lb/ft...

you-had-my-curiosity-gif-8.gif

Oh Yeah Baby. Again BMW's modern 2.0 litre diesel in say a 420D like my neighbours car has 187bhp and 294lb/ft (400nm). AmD, in Grays Essex have done all my remaps and charge £500 with a before/after printout on their state of the art 750bhp rolling road. Ben is the Magic man there.:hi:

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong word
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, g_tee said:

I think I want a remap on my 2.0 TDI 150. Is it worth it even for my car?

Ive got the 2.0 TDI 190 and thinking about the same, been told it could increase fuel economy and a good choice for this engine and dsg ?

@Weebawbag A remap on a TDI190 will allow you to reach 'only' ~220HP (~+15%). I don't know if such an increase is really worthy of... IMHO the difference is so subtile, that only minor fuel saving can be expected... Nothing comparable with TDI150 @ ~190...

14 hours ago, Weebawbag said:

Ive got the 2.0 TDI 190 and thinking about the same, been told it could increase fuel economy and a good choice for this engine and dsg ?

6 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

@Weebawbag A remap on a TDI190 will allow you to reach 'only' ~220HP (~+15%). I don't know if such an increase is really worthy of... IMHO the difference is so subtile, that only minor fuel saving can be expected... Nothing comparable with TDI150 @ ~190...

My 190 was showing just 170 on Sharks rollers, this ended up at 220, the difference was a huge improvement. 

• Like 1

@Gizmo Of course it depends on the actual starting point... If you really had 190HP as a basis, I think you wouldn't have been that impressed, would you?

Just guessing... 🤔

It drove no different to the other 190’s I have driven... OK but nothing special. 

it now pulls like a train when needed, anymore and 4x4 would be essential (it’s borderline now)

17 hours ago, Weebawbag said:

Yeah the engine is great when mapped. I’m not a fan of the standard performance. Not sure of the torque restrictions/safe limitations of the DSG (mine was manual). Mine made ~230bhp and 500Nm of torque. The in gear acceleration was staggering. More useable power, across more of the rev range.   MPG improvement was ~5%. 

I’ve had various VW group TDI’s over the years from the 130PD,  then the 140 and 170 CR’s  and then onto the latest 150 and 181 units.  Apart from the 130PD in the Fabia vRS I’ve had them all remapped. In standard tune the latest 181/84 is my least favourite but remapped it was the best. 

• Like 2

Drove mine nearly 400 miles to Devon and back, brought some Uromastyx home for a friend and picked up a full spare wheel kit. Fitted it today :)

• Sponsor
On 10/03/2020 at 21:00, Bigeater said:

My 'range' going into this last set of mods predicted 370 miles in the tank.

According to my trip computer, i'm only going to get 340 miles, so it's only a small loss really.

The best commute i've got so far is 33.1 mpg and I can live with that. Maybe tomorrow i'll go with throttle up, just to see what happens to that economy, and for the benefit of those daring to think of a remap :)

On a happy note, I spoke to Adrian Flux and I asked about going to stage 2, which includes remap, downpipe and dsg remap, and as well as the downpipe, why not go the whole hog and have a full exhaust system. They said 'no charge'. So, if I do it, I've got to find money for a stair carpet, a new composite front door and no doubt, anything else she can think of 😞

Hi.

Glad we could offer you some favorable terms on this conversion.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 2

On 06/03/2020 at 23:00, Weebawbag said:

These are the figures Ben From shark/now racingline got from my 190 4x4 estate.

story behind it was...was done at another company. They managed 175 standard 380nm, did a dpf regen, went to 182 and 390nm Mapped it and achieved 215 and 460nm... I drove it on long runs for a while and it was ok but not as quick as my previously shark mapped Octavia manual. However was feeling better after the longer runs. Soooo. Had a chat with Ben/racingline and he asked me to bring it in because they wanted to develop a map from scratch for the 190 diesel so it would be a proper custom map from scratch. So map was reset back to standard.. After 4 hours on dyno and som proper out in the road time. These are the figures 

19863721-2724-4488-BE6E-A15B4B21196B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, defiant said:

That torque must be enjoyable, you pleased with the result? 

Absolutely stoked yea. It’s smooth too so builds nicely and at motorway speeds it’s ready to go as soon as the pedal is tickled. 

I installed my summer wheels (with new Michelin PS4 tyres on them), and finally got around to installing spacers.

They really do make a world of difference. Really pleased with how they came out.

Some before and after shots included in attachment.

1.thumb.jpeg.1da3d83022678f180b379ee6b3ff361e.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.a3fe32f50471c9e12315f58094b58a5f.jpeg

3.thumb.jpeg.1a7b97818ef0082363ce162701df7cfa.jpeg

4.thumb.jpeg.0f48304e309aa356f58329502e81ff5c.jpeg

5.thumb.jpeg.8ec697c4332170c7669b2bc5c9bfc3ed.jpeg

6.thumb.jpeg.98df051a3188ec2d3d1dcf25a18002ad.jpeg

7.thumb.jpeg.ae053a44d1fc08fc164adf2017874187.jpeg

Edited by john999boy
Photos turned 180deg
  • Confused 1

Seems like somebody already beat me to rotating them. Thanks for that!

Strangely, they looked right side up on my iPhone after I posted them, but they showed up flipped upside down on my computer as well.

49 minutes ago, kriva said:

Seems like somebody already beat me to rotating them. Thanks for that!

Strangely, they looked right side up on my iPhone after I posted them, but they showed up flipped upside down on my computer as well.

does the exact same thing for me 🤪👍🏻