Trevorb33’s Fantasygreen Fabia 1.8t build take 2

TrevorB33

It moved round the block under its own steam today, just needs speedo wiring in and low coolant wiring to bottle, not a major heartache. All seemed well it’s holding coolant fine and heaters are lovely and warm. Coolant run on pumps working perfectly too :). Coilovers have been rIsed on the front too as it would have been stupid low with the extra weight of the engine. I’ll get some more pics tomorrow now it’s finally back on the floor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Love the dash Trevor, you getting anything else flocked?

Cheers buddy, I’m really impressed with it tbh. And I Wasnt really planning any more on it but I’ll see how it goes with the grey bottom half of the dash, I’m hoping it will be a nice contrast otherwise I might have to source some black trims or get the bottom bits flocked too 

Edited by TrevorB33

3 hours ago, Hyphons said:

I reckon the dash colours work, what do you make of it @TrevorB33

I think it kinda goes, I may swap it all out for black but I’m in no rush 

4 minutes ago, skomaz said:

did you fit the leather cover on the steering wheel - looks a neat job - was it an ebay special?

Previous owner stitched it on, it’s a good job tbh and looks decent in person too, she said it took hours to stitch which is believable. I definitely wouldn’t have had the patience lol

2 hours ago, SNH said:

Looking good pal, can't wait to get mine over to him now lol

Indeed mate I couldn’t wait to collect it, i May or may not stroke it while I’m driving :rofl:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, CrisBora said:

Loving the buil! I think I might do the same. But here we have 9N3 polo gti. Might do the trick? 

Cheers mate! 

Cheers, yep 9n3 polo will fit straight in, reason they don’t get used as much here is they hold there money a lot better upwards of 3k still whereas Ibiza’s are near 1k

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update time: now one of my other cars has gone I’m able to use the fabia again, mot is due and it needs a couple of headlights and the remap tweaking to cater for the various deletes, but I’m confident it’ll fly through once there sorted. So time to sort some insurance, and then look at getting the bodywork sorted once’s she’s on the road again :) 

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 1