MY2019 vRS orders who's got what coming?

13 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Nobody gonna drive my Focus ST eater except me and the wife so don't worry yourself about me selling it anytime soon. The comparison is relevant because the RS3 costs £45,000 for a basic one and the R8 starts at over £112,000 so the Skoda is an absolute bargain and still averaging over 40mpg which an ST can't manage (have a friend with the standard 247bhp) and he struggles to get 30mpg and gets blown away by my overtuned car.:D

Same old again. Comparing a tuned average car to a bog standard premium far superior car. So the cost of a car is directly proportional to it's performance is it? Nothing to do with the fact the Audi is superior quality in every respect and 4wd. Yes 4wd that heavy handling ruining system. the Audi will wipe out your VRS in any performance test standard, blitz it with a stage 1 for £500. As for comparing to an R8 really... seriously  :D  My St gets slightly better economy than my VRS by 1 or 2 mpg consistently, they are both very good. ST has averaged around 38 and the VRS around 36/7, both in the 40's many times in the warm weather, cold weather knocks all cars back.. That shows how Ford are a bit more honest with economy figures. Claimed 41.5 and gets just under that and better many times on a steady motorway run......  Skoda claim 45 get well under that normally and have scraped it once or twice in extreme circumstances. . Any of these cars can be put into low 20's  easily if you want to. Friend with a STANDARD ST, suggest he takes it to get repaired. The ST also handles far better than the VRS on the road, no matter which tyres are fitted as though that makes much difference if any, and what have the pattern wheels got to do with it? Everyone else with a Tuned VRS gets mid 20's. but somehow we have one that defies the laws of physics and turns this upside down. 46+ mpg I am surprised the manufacturers aren't offering you a lucrative contract to join them :rofl:  Your OBC will be way out after tuning and not being re calibrated. And we all know exactly how you would have to drive to get 45 mpg and it's comical.  reset your OBC after its warmed up and crawling down the motorway at 55mph, so easy to do isn't it :clap:

I think the VRS is a great slightly sporty lugger, I really like it otherwise it wouldn't have survived for 2 1/2 years. But I also recognise it's large and not quite as nimble as nearly all the competition out there. I wouldn't want to spend everyday trying to prove otherwise. It is also built with cheaper materials to get the cost down to Skoda levels, you can certainly see this with the piano black that scratches when you look at it, carpets that hole at your heal scarily quick, leather on the gear lever that wears off at 40k  and generally slightly  flimsy trim. You get what you pay for and I for one am happy with that.

Anyone could do what you have done and many have, your not the first, don't you realise that?

21 minutes ago, teescom09 said:

Same old again. Comparing a tuned average car to a bog standard premium far superior car. So the cost of a car is directly proportional to it's performance is it? Nothing to do with the fact the Audi is superior quality in every respect and 4wd. Yes 4wd that heavy handling ruining system. the Audi will wipe out your VRS in any performance test standard, blitz it with a stage 1 for £500. As for comparing to an R8 really... seriously  :D  My St gets slightly better economy than my VRS by 1 or 2 mpg consistently, they are both very good. ST has averaged around 38 and the VRS around 36/7, both in the 40's many times in the warm weather, cold weather knocks all cars back.. That shows how Ford are a bit more honest with economy figures. Claimed 41.5 and gets just under that and better many times on a steady motorway run......  Skoda claim 45 get well under that normally and have scraped it once or twice in extreme circumstances. . Any of these cars can be put into low 20's  easily if you want to. Friend with a STANDARD ST, suggest he takes it to get repaired. The ST also handles far better than the VRS on the road, no matter which tyres are fitted as though that makes much difference if any, and what have the pattern wheels got to do with it? Everyone else with a Tuned VRS gets mid 20's. but somehow we have one that defies the laws of physics and turns this upside down. 46+ mpg I am surprised the manufacturers aren't offering you a lucrative contract to join them :rofl:  Your OBC will be way out after tuning and not being re calibrated. And we all know exactly how you would have to drive to get 45 mpg and it's comical.  reset your OBC after its warmed up and crawling down the motorway at 55mph, so easy to do isn't it :clap:

I think the VRS is a great slightly sporty lugger, I really like it otherwise it wouldn't have survived for 2 1/2 years. But I also recognise it's large and not quite as nimble as nearly all the competition out there. I wouldn't want to spend everyday trying to prove otherwise. It is also built with cheaper materials to get the cost down to Skoda levels, you can certainly see this with the piano black that scratches when you look at it, carpets that hole at your heal scarily quick, leather on the gear lever that wears off at 40k  and generally slightly  flimsy trim. You get what you pay for and I for one am happy with that.

Anyone could do what you have done and many have, your not the first, don't you realise that?

Loads of stage 2 Vrs245 on here, about 2 in the UK last time I checked with more than 330bhp.:blink:

I love my 245 but it is what it is - a cheap hatchback/estate with a moderately powerful engine and a fancy electronic front diff. It's not on par with an RS3 or R8 in any sense of the word. A few paper stats might get close on tuned examples but a car is infinitely more than a collection of numbers. 

Having run PS4s on my old Mk2, it's remarkable how much cornering speed you can carry (and will be changing my 245 to PS4Ss) but this is true for any car that the owner fancies spending more than £10 per tyre on really. 

• Like 1

Heres something I noticed today sat in a MY19 in the showroom, the button for the interior alarm sensors isnt there on the B pillar anymore. Bit random. Also the seats are a slightly different shape, with some soft alcantara type material replacing the fale leather that used to crumble and crack but the main part of the seat is that same nylon type scratchy stuff as before! 

Just now, SC03OTT said:

Both those changes were made last year. 

I didnt sit in one last year though! Can only compare with my my16, seems evolution isnt always in the upwards direction. Im still looking forwards to getting mine but its a shame the standard spec is so low. 

3 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

I didnt sit in one last year though! Can only compare with my my16, seems evolution isnt always in the upwards direction. Im still looking forwards to getting mine but its a shame the standard spec is so low. 

Whats missing from the spec compared to before to make it so low?

Its not so mich abouts whats gone, although lane assist and folding mirrors stand out for me. Its what hasn't materialised that surprised me overall. What is probably near the end of the mk3 and still missing basics that the rest of the group have. Things like led interior lights and led puddle lights like my mates bog standard 2017 golf,  or even a light on the vanity mirrors like any car Ive had since 2008, or the electric handbrake like pretty much all models of the VAG group. 

Like I said, Ive bought one but its odd to not see improvements on the basic spec from before.

• Like 1

Neither have I personally, but my good old fashioned one was one of the later versions that didnt pop the button off the end when parked and disengage the brake entirely. Fairly few of those occurences on this site alone!

I was in a new jaguar XF a few weeks ago and it had the loudest most intrusive electronic brake Ive ever come across. Im not saying theyre my fave thing but they are pretty standard across the VAG range these days. I know my pension age father would not buy a vehicle without one now, he still drives a SEAT and its a deal breaker for him.

Ok well its here! I guess I'm the first UK MY19? ;) Its only got two proper exhausts too! lol

Had my first drive to drop the delivery bloke back to the local station. I love it! :)

45558439_250152268988874_9092721863309656064_n.jpg

45619531_554506678310774_3209325079695458304_n.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scotty72 said:

Ok well its here! I guess I'm the first UK MY19? ;) Its only got two proper exhausts too! lol

Had my first drive to drop the delivery bloke back to the local station. I love it! :)

45558439_250152268988874_9092721863309656064_n.jpg

45619531_554506678310774_3209325079695458304_n.jpg

Looks awesome in Red, nearly went that way myself.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Heres something I noticed today sat in a MY19 in the showroom, the button for the interior alarm sensors isnt there on the B pillar anymore. Bit random. Also the seats are a slightly different shape, with some soft alcantara type material replacing the fale leather that used to crumble and crack but the main part of the seat is that same nylon type scratchy stuff as before! 

Correct on the MY19 seats.. alcantara type edges now - from checking out mine.

45428228_2177956922445156_4909831622934659072_n.jpg

@Scotty72 congratulations! Its been a long time coming it seems, the red looks great and Im a much bigger fan of those seats than the ones in my my16. No more worries about destroying the bolster pleather.

Come on then tell us more! Any surprises on the spec? Did you get an umbrella? Tell us stuff for the love of god man!!!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Correct on the MY19 seats.. alcantara type edges now - from checking out mine.

45428228_2177956922445156_4909831622934659072_n.jpg

Sorry to sound a bit negative but anyone with a high spec (electric seats & folding mirrors to name 2) limited edition original 245 is not going to trade their car in after 2 or 3 years for 18"alloys, chrome exhaust tips and manual seats after experiencing the luxury and special feel of the 2017 (MY18) model that I have been enjoying for the last 15 months. Without the twin silencer boxes someone not familiar with the Vrs Octavia could think you bought the diesel until you start it up.:cool:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Sorry to sound a bit negative but anyone with a high spec (electric seats & folding mirrors to name 2) limited edition original 245 is not going to trade their car in after 2 or 3 years for 18"alloys, chrome exhaust tips and manual seats after experiencing the luxury and special feel of the 2017 (MY18) model that I have been enjoying for the last 15 months. Without the twin silencer boxes someone not familiar with the Vrs Octavia could think you bought the diesel until you start it up.:cool:

! was thinking the same, I have a Pre FL 230, far better specced than the 245. Its only 15 bhp more but not as well specced up. Even the  FL 230 was almost poverty spec as standard.

A bit of a backward step me thinks..........

• Like 1

The my19 245 comes with two exhausts not a single as was earlier suggested by skoda! 

The limited edition seats were much nicer I have to admit, but these versions are nicer than my current 2016 220 VRS. Im not that fussed over electric seats, I havent had them since my P reg BMW so I'm not going to miss them at all. I am happy losing the 19" wheels though, the road noise and ride can be harsh enough as it is and Im used to looking at the 18 inchers on my own car.

I didnt enjoy having to spec folding mirrors as an extra though. I dont know if thats penny pinching or WLTP weight issues or what but its definately a backward step in terms of specification. I'll get over it though!

• Haha 2

I think part of the confusion is you’re not comparing the same thing. To me, the specs have gone as follows..

P-FL 220 - FL 230 - FL 245 (what’s on sale now)

P-FL 230 SE - FL 245 SE

The ones I’ve called ‘SE’ are the models with the extra goodies, as standard over the regular base model. 

2 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

I think part of the confusion is you’re not comparing the same thing. To me, the specs have gone as follows..

P-FL 230 SE - FL 245 SE

The ones I’ve called ‘SE’ are the models with the extra goodies, as standard over the regular base model. 

What is funny to me is that 220 and Tdi owners now want what made the Special Edition models different visually. In particular the desire for BLACK exhaust tips instead of chrome (they are much easier to clean no more autosol) and plenty of interest in Black Extremes (not surprising as Skoda charge £260 just for the wheel).:D

4 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

P-FL 230 SE - FL 245 SE

Do you know the price difference between the Original 245 and the present one.?  

I would think its a price increase for less goodies.  I would think the FL 230 was more expensive than my Pre FL 230 again for less goodies

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Do you know the price difference between the Original 245 and the present one.?  

I would think its a price increase for less goodies.  I would think the FL 230 was more expensive than my Pre FL 230 again for less goodies

I paid £28,100 for my 245 in August 2017 including Black Magic paint, electric sunroof, reversing camera, spare wheel, EFM, EHS, front/rear parking sensors, lane assist and 19" Black Extremes. I priced up the new model and it was well over £30,000 to the same spec.B)

Unless we’re going to start taking inflation and other such forces into account, simply comparing a current price to an historic one doesn’t really tell us much. 

Thats before we take into account the fact that Skoda are a business and can charge whatever they fell. Just like I can freely choose to purchase or tell them to swivel. 

Edited by SC03OTT