1.5 TSI 4X4

Portman

I have been advised today by UK dealer that UK prices for the 4X4 1.5 TSI Karoq models (Sportline, Scout, Edition, SEL) are to be published imminently and order books to open Wk2 2019.

That seems strange when the ADAC web site does not list any of those engine/gearbox/trim combinations as having been WLTP approved, so it's still a case of waiting and see (but perhaps only a short time now).

• Like 1

I too am waiting for the 1.5 TSI 4x4 DSG to appear on our listing.

At the moment it's listed on several European markets already, with CO2 emission (where stated) at 149 g/km.

Edited by agedbriar

38 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Any news on a non-4x4 1.5 Edition?

I don't think there'll be one.  Editions have a sunroof as standard and I understand the sunroof will only be available with a 4X4.  Something to do with WLTP approvals since the sunroof adds quite a bit of weight (and hence makes the fuel consumption/emissions worse).  Don't understand how that equates to the also heavier 4X4 running gear -try asking your local Skoda dealer!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Portman said:

Don't understand how that equates to the also heavier 4X4 running gear

They probably reckon that a 4x4 purchaser is already expecting an MPG hit and they won't notice the extra smaller hit that the pano sunroof brings to that party....

ADAC website now shows 1.5 TSI 4X4 Scout as having Euro 6d Temp approval (and 2.0 TDI 4X4 110kW Scout) but not Edition with either engine/drive - although for other Skoda models in general they don't quote different model grades as having separate approval, save for VRS/Scout/Combi variations.

Similarly ADAC don't separately list DSG variants, perhaps because DSG boxes are said to be just as fuel efficient as manual (or sometimes even better).

Turning right out of a local junction resulted in some wheel spin - for the third time tonight. Cold engine /DSG/2 wheel drive may be responsible.

Im not heavy footed, far from it. But on a road junction with poor visibility, its necessary to get going. I have no idea if the traction control light came on, I'm watching the traffic.

Have any other 1.5TSI DSG owners experienced this?

About the only thing I miss from my previous Sportage is the 4 wheel drive, although rarely needed.

6 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Turning right out of a local junction resulted in some wheel spin - for the third time tonight. Cold engine /DSG/2 wheel drive may be responsible.

Im not heavy footed, far from it. But on a road junction with poor visibility, its necessary to get going. I have no idea if the traction control light came on, I'm watching the traffic.

About the only thing I miss from my previous Sportage is the 4 wheel drive, although rarely needed.

If you regularly drive in temperatures below 7 deg at this time of year, you probably would benefit from winter/ all season tyres.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

I've had the same. I've just put it down to the tyres being absolute rubbish. 

29 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

If you regularly drive in temperatures below 7 deg at this time of year, you probably would benefit from winter/ all season tyres.

There aren't any all-seasons available for the 19" wheels. I'm starting to consider moving down to 17" rims and fitting croaa-climate tyres. 

15 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

I've noticed the thing on miner recently, maybe it's the colder weather.

On 14/12/2018 at 19:15, OldKaroq said:

Yes, I’m finding that too in the cold damp weather with the 1.5 DSG.

I’ve got Bridgestones and they just dont grip in the cold.

Trying to play about with the different modes to see if I can improve it.

Missing my old Qashqai 4 wheel drive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Yes, I’m finding that too in the cold damp weather with the 1.5 DSG.

I’ve got Bridgestones and they just dont grip in the cold.

Trying to play about with the different modes to see if I can improve it.

Missing my old Qashqai 4 wheel drive.

Mine are 18inch rims, shod with Michelin Primacy3. Like you, no real problem in the Summer, so Im thinking its a temperature problem, cold roads with tyres not yet warmed up (in my case) but also I suspect it could also be way the DSG puts the power down. Its a torquey little beast.

This being my first DSG, I would like to hear from other forum members that have had previous cars with the DSG auto box with regard to wheel spin when setting off.

I have the same problem, these cold mornings where it’s close to zero or damp I seem to wheel spin out of most junctions! I’ve got the 19” wheels with Pirellis, but am in the process of swapping to 17” CrossClimate+ (see the Winter Tyres thread). It’s my first DSG, so maybe just takes getting used to - but I can’t think of a single time that I spun the wheels on my torquier (manual) Civic.

38 minutes ago, cjrp said:

I have the same problem, these cold mornings where it’s close to zero or damp I seem to wheel spin out of most junctions! I’ve got the 19” wheels with Pirellis, but am in the process of swapping to 17” CrossClimate+ (see the Winter Tyres thread). It’s my first DSG, so maybe just takes getting used to - but I can’t think of a single time that I spun the wheels on my torquier (manual) Civic.

We are honoured Chris - the famous CJRP that started the longest running Delivery Times thread in February! :clap: 

Seriously though,  thanks for the reply. I was starting to think there was a problem with the car. 

Like you I never wheelspun my wifes 1.2TSI Fabia.

Even my rwd BMW's were not this bad. Well except sometimes when they would sit still, fishtailing and smoking tyres before they got traction! The junction I spoke of in my post above  really needs changing. 

I tried to spec up my Karoq as an SE and build it with 17" wheels, but the SE L came in much cheaper.

Maybe I will end up doing the same as you with wheels and tyres.

It isn't just the 1.5 DSG's with the wheel spin issue - I have found that our 1.6 TDI Manual spins the wheels easily out of junctions too, much easier than our previous 2.0 TDI Yeti did.

Edited by SteveH0773
Bad spelling

9 hours ago, SteveH0773 said:

It isn't just the 1.5 DSG's with the wheel spin issue - I have found that our 1.6 TDI Manual spins the wheels easily out of junctions too, much easier than our previous 2.0 TDI Yeti did.

Ohhhh that's interesting!

So it has to be poor tyres? With the weight of a diesel engine at the front too.....

10 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

We are honoured Chris - the famous CJRP that started the longest running Delivery Times thread in February! :clap: 

:biggrin: The benefit of being an over-excited car geek I suppose

Maybe I will end up doing the same as you with wheels and tyres.

Who knows, maybe Michelin will bring out the CrossClimates for the bigger wheels; there's got to be a lot of Range Rovers, F-Paces, etc. out there who would rather be running all season tyres.

On 19/12/2018 at 16:02, SizzlingPotato said:

+1 here. Wheel spin every now and again getting out of junction. 1.5 TSI DSG 18 inch bridgestones. Got the car in November. Couldn't see any sign of traction control kicking in

Soooooo.... Another wet road, another junction, another wheel spin :mad: getting tiresome. As I pulled out I noticed a car from the left bearing down on me - too fast. So a little extra throttle to get out of the way resulted in....nothing much. Spinning wheels. A bouncing car going nowhere. After what seemed like minutes, we were off again.

Winter tyres should be an owners option - not a complete and total necessity!!

Never had this problem once in the Spring or Summer.

Mini rant over.:worried:

Apart from the above I still like the car very much. Put the sat nav into xmas card delivery mode, voice recognition worked well. Turn by turn. Dimmed display. Zooming in and out. Plenty good enough for me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed the 1.5 4x4 SE/SEL on the configurator today, but only the Scout seems to be listed on CarWow, which is surprising.  Nice to see a petrol 4x4 though. 

I see there is a £500 off test drive offer until the 31st Jan any thoughts on that being extended? With the £1950 PCP contribution thats £2450 off list before any haggling.  

Edited by juan27

44 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Just noticed the 1.5 4x4 SE/SEL on the configurator today, but only the Scout seems to be listed on CarWow, which is surprising.  Nice to see a petrol 4x4 though. 

I see there is a £500 off test drive offer until the 31st Jan any thoughts on that being extended? With the £1950 PCP contribution thats £2450 off list before any haggling.  

Only £1450 PCP contribution for petrol engined models, see https://www.skoda.co.uk/car-finance/new-karoq-deals, but still a good saving.  Plus anything further you can negotiate with the dealer.

42 minutes ago, Portman said:

Only £1450 PCP contribution for petrol engined models, see https://www.skoda.co.uk/car-finance/new-karoq-deals, but still a good saving.  Plus anything further you can negotiate with the dealer.

Ah that explains a price I just got on CarWow which was discounted less than £2450, but included the £500 test drive allowance.