CarPlay stutter... Eugh!

1 hour ago, Rizzoed said:

Admittedly this is definitely a worse case scenario, if happened a bit in the beginning but mai my just stuttering for a split second as you said. 

who do we complain to then? Apple or Škoda? I just need to sharpen my pitchforks 🤧

Good question. Why not both? Get Skoda to further the issue with Apple and get Apple to look more into their CarPlay situation? Rather strangely, the last couple of updates I've noticed next to no stuttering. iOS 13.2 comes along and it's the worst I've seen it...ever.

• 5 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, PhilSUFC said:

Same, I picked up a 69 plate Fabia Colour Edition a couple of weeks ago and have been suffering with this stuttering issue. It does it with my old Galaxy S9 and my new iPhone 11. It’s driving me mad!

Interesting, this is the first instance I’ve seen of android phones stuttering. 

Hello everyone, quick update regarding this

I took my Fabia Monte to the dealership to have it "fixed". They told me they just received a memo from the maufacturer which stated they're aware of this CarPlay issue and are working on a fix. 

However they weren't able to tell me when there would be a fix, but im hopeful so i say it will be fixed in early 2020, end of the year seems unlikely 😞

• Like 1

I received the same information when I spoke to someone at the dealership today.

They informed me that Skoda are aware of the issue and a software update is expected in the new year. 

I think I will give them until the end of January and if nothing has happened by then I will start pushing much harder for a resolution.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My wife's Fabia has this stuttering issue as well as failing to connect and even charge her iPhone sometimes. Same with my daughters phone today. Thanks for all the info above, hopefully Skoda will release the update soon.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Alibayor88 said:

I am experiencing the same issues on my Monte Carlo, it’s going into the dealership next week so I’m hoping to find more answers then...

I feel like they'll tell you exactly the same thing that myself and others have been told. I.e. that it is being looked into but no fix yet.

Strangely I used CarPlay for the first time in ages yesterday with my iPhone 8 Plus and I didn’t notice any stuttering when playing music via Apple Music during the half an hour or so I was using it. 

The only change is that I’m now on iOS 13.3

Anyway it looks like it’s not just Skoda owners who are having issues and in this case it looks like an iOS issue.......

https://www.redmondpie.com/some-iphone-11-users-are-experiencing-audio-issues-with-wireless-carplay/

We are all on iOS 13.3 in our family and have this issue. Works perfectly in my car (non Skoda). In my wife’s Fabia we get audio drop outs using any of our iPhone’s always.

Also I’m not aware that the Fabia uses wireless CarPlay, only wired. 

Edited by simonharper

• 2 weeks later...

As predicted; when I mentioned this issue they told me that Skoda know about it and are working on a fix. I have been put down on a list and they’re going to contact me when it’s ready. My car will have to go back to the dealer to be plugged in and fixed.

Have you guys/gals encountered issues during phone calls through CarPlay? Whenever i'm on the phone, whoever i'm talking to complains that the quality from my end is rubbish and that they hear their own voice about 1sec after they say something. So they start talking and about 0.5sec/1sec later they hear it back in their earpiece.

Bluetooth works perfect on the other hand.

9 minutes ago, Rizzoed said:

Have you guys/gals encountered issues during phone calls through CarPlay? Whenever i'm on the phone, whoever i'm talking to complains that the quality from my end is rubbish and that they hear their own voice about 1sec after they say something. So they start talking and about 0.5sec/1sec later they hear it back in their earpiece.

Bluetooth works perfect on the other hand.

Yes, have struggled with exactly the same. 
As you found, Bluetooth is fine for me too. 

1 hour ago, Benz3ne said:

Yes, have struggled with exactly the same. 
As you found, Bluetooth is fine for me too. 

Ah perfect (well more or less, means i'm not alone :rofl:)

I really hope they fix this soon, i was told February.... and well here we are

Very strangely another instance of using CarPlay without any stuttering again today. Again it was using my iPhone 8 Plus and was again listening to music that was already downloaded to the phone on Apple Music.

Is this what others are using when getting the stuttering? I.e. listening to music already downloaded to the phone via Apple Music rather than streaming to the phone via Apple Music?

This is now the last two times i've not had any issues and both times it's been when listening to albums i'd already downloaded to my phone rather than streaming music on Apple Music which is when i've had stuttering before. (The same Anker 30cm lightning cable has been in use since getting the car).

And it's a Radio Swing Plus rather than the optional Amunsden.

Other than that i'm not sure why ours has stopped stuttering???

Edited by WaveyDavey

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received any updates from their dealership regarding this issue? They've been telling me that "they'll let me know" (I've worked in support, i know that this response could potentially mean they're bsing me)

On 29/02/2020 at 22:51, Rizzoed said:

Has anyone received any updates from their dealership regarding this issue? They've been telling me that "they'll let me know" (I've worked in support, i know that this response could potentially mean they're bsing me)

Nothing here. They may let you know, but that may not be for some time I guess... 

I believe you can check for yourself if you have your VIN handy:

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com

1 hour ago, Benz3ne said:

I believe you can check for yourself if you have your VIN handy:

No update available (unsurprisingly). 

I'm not sure about others, but i've had this issue for over 7 months which is pretty much as long as i've owned this car, i'm getting pretty tired of not being able to use this functionality properly. There must be something we can do, wether it'd be to constantly annoy Škoda or Apple about it.