CarPlay stutter... Eugh!

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/11/2020 at 12:54, Rizzoed said:

I was at the dealer for about 1h30m. Haven't used it much, about 500km in these past 2 months but yes the playback seems to have been fixed, can't say much about the call quality. In the end i decided to sell and now i'm searching for an S3. 

My VIN never showed up on those websites, and the dealer never contacted me even though i was on their back for over a year trying to fix the issue. I had to physically go there and demand a fix. Overall a pretty poor experience. I can attach my current software.

current_software.jpg

Updated to 8755 during my recent service - no charge. So far so good. Stuttering gone, crackling gone, grumpy face gone. 

It seems there is an firmware update October 2020 that resolves the issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251814524?answerId=254816363022&replyId=254816363022

I haven't had the chance to go to the dealer as they want the car for the day and cannot offer pick up/courtesy car so I will have to wait until lockdown is over. Very glad to hear that it has fixed it for you, there is end at the light of the tunnel!

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 10:43, Benz3ne said:

Technical enquiry response as below... would be interesting to see whether everyone who has mentioned this has the '8740' version of radio. Can be found under 'setup (button)' > 'system information' at the bottom of the page on the radio screen.

We are aware of some cases where audio tracks "skip" occasionally when IPhone is used as a source and is connected via USB on MIB entry with software 8740 so ensure comparison vehicles are the same for the comparison to be valid. The cause is under investigation so currently there is no update available. It should be confirmed this is the customer complaint, in cases we are aware of only Apple devices are affected and only when connected via USB, function is normal when using Bluetooth or on Android devices regardless of connection type.

Question is, do I keep my old, slightly dying, iPhone 7 for now or replace it for a Samsung S9+... Hmm...

1 hour ago, nAnna said:

Mine was 8742 pre update so I guess that’s why they don’t list it as needing to be fixed. Even though I was having the same problem.

My Fabia is now 2years old and just today I took it to get the MirrorLink software updated to 8755. 
so far, so good - I’ve not had any issues so far.

anyone with software version 8740 needs to get upgraded if they are experiencing any problems.

2 hours ago, turboskodaria said:

You want 8755!

Sooooo annoying, I reported this problem over a year ago and my dealership promised to get in touch as soon as a fix was released. I’ve been chasing them and just last week they claim it has only just been made available! 
Clearly not true as it appears it’s been available since last October according to other posts.

Better late than never, I’m sooo happy to have finally had it installed and the issue fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally was able to get my software updated at the dealer. Apparently there is now a “TPI” out at Skoda so they are aware of the error. Software has been updated to 8755 and it’s now working perfectly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the posts on this topic. I’ve just bought a Fabia running 8740 and I’ve booked into Skoda Birmingham to get it updated. Will report back how they do. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2021 at 09:32, pjcrowther said:

Thanks for all the posts on this topic. I’ve just bought a Fabia running 8740 and I’ve booked into Skoda Birmingham to get it updated. Will report back how they do. 

Just had my car updated to 8755 at Johnson’s Skoda Birmingham with no issues. 

On the 25 minute drive to the appointment CarPlay stuttered 8 times. No issues at all on the 1 hour drive back, apart from traffic!

Before and after system screens for reference...

CD8ACB5A-6F41-4164-99C5-B679F0F37829.jpeg

7BC45617-C465-4F27-B7F6-205915B37F39.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2021 at 14:54, turboskodaria said:

Just stumbled over this, might help someone – way above my understanding though but it seems to have all the new firmwares as downloads: 

Thanks for this, very helpful. How would we know which one to use? I know firmware updating can be fraught with issues though.