Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a few scrapes on the garage side of the internal door.

My granddad did something similar when parking his split screen Bedbug in his garage (a tiny old chapel) it had a sliding door so he would pull up beside it, slide back the window of the Combi and unlock it then holding the sliding door handle reverse to open the door, this was 15 years before I saw the first automatic garage door opener.

I have a 4m entrance here, 2 x 2m wide gate leaves, one gate open leaves about 1.97m clear space, just enough room to get the Yeti through with the door mirrors open but complicated by me having to reverse out and do a slalom to align with the opening without any street lighting, also then having to turn 90° across the single track road with the rear corner coming very close to scraping the neighbours wall opposite. Same deal for entering the property, all because I am too lazy to open both gate leaves.

Its amazing how practiced and good you get at these things, I clipped the mirrors a couple of times initially and scraped the front bumper by commencing the 90° turn a fraction too early but now its a piece of cake but scares the hell out of passengers.

And then one day I am a little tired or distracted and the mirror catches again.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

...or indoor swimming pools!!!!!

Come to think of it, I reckon paddling pools reduces the need for the toilets :thinking:

Edited by Lady Elanore

27 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

...or indoor swimming pools!!!!!

Come to think of it, I reckon paddling pools reduces the need for the toilets :thinking:

I can't find the Ewwww emoticon!

19 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ef8df9e7fad2709f525c70fd7d3c3f7.jpeg

I'm so old that pace notes were forbidden in my rallying days.

• Like 2

TFTD Saturday: “I’m not good at the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?” — Chandler Bing, “Friends”

• Like 1

TFTD Sunday: “Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?” — Jay Leno

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

?????????????????????

Another over my head explanation needed!