Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

1704281203824.png.29ab26de1f4605b57429ef1868189985.png

One Tequila, two Tequila, three Tequila, floor ...

Edited by MikeTheThinker
  • Like 1

TFTD Friday: “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

IMG-20240322-WA0009.jpg

That reminds me of a sign on the main gate of a French factory where the English translation said "Lorry drivers,  roll slowly on the back step!" Above it was the correct notice in French "Routiers, roulez au pas en marche arrière!".

I went in and politely tried to explained that the sign was incorrect and incomprehensible,  that it should say "Truck drivers please enter the loading bay slowly in reverse gear" or similar and I was given the bums rush and told that I did not know what I was talking about by the woman who had done the translation, that was 18 years ago and it is still unchanged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, J.R. said:

That reminds me of a sign on the main gate of a French factory where the English translation said "Lorry drivers,  roll slowly on the back step!" Above it was the correct notice in French "Routiers, roulez au pas en marche arrière!".

I went in and politely tried to explained that the sign was incorrect and incomprehensible,  that it should say "Truck drivers please enter the loading bay slowly in reverse gear" or similar and I was given the bums rush and told that I did not know what I was talking about by the woman who had done the translation, that was 18 years ago and it is still unchanged.

I've done similar here in Germany but Nein, Google Translate and rudimentary English knows better 🙄

• Like 1

when the main "activist group" for a cause is disliked by the vast majority of most unaffiliated supporters of the cause... yeah, theyll struggle to stay relevant 🙄🤣

• Like 2

I thought it was to 'flog a dead horse' :thinking:

Isn't it PETA who think it's better to euthanise than have cats and dogs as pets?

G

Edited by Gaz
correction
  • Like 1