• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like fun, I wanna play.  Why'd you have to live so far away 😬

Fancy doing any glosswork?  There's a burger and bun in it for ya :nod:

G

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Winston_Woof said:

It's the Co-op Live Arena. Been here 157 years and never been used.

May be an image of 2 people

And what is your secret for living so long, has anyone told Guinness about you being 157? :D

Edited by Graham Butcher
  • Cheeky 1

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

That looks like fun, I wanna play.  Why'd you have to live so far away 😬

Fancy doing any glosswork?  There's a burger and bun in it for ya :nod:

G

ive enough of it myself i dont want to do!

• Haha 1

TFTD Monday: Oh, what a tangled web do parents weave when they think that their children are naive - Ogden Nash

• Like 4

8 hours ago, @Lee said:

FB_IMG_1715041447196.thumb.jpg.421ba5821c8971ffb43b5e2c11c21967.jpg

That is awful and very disrespectful..................................................................................................

But so so funny!!!!

• Like 1

TFTD Tuesday: YAFLOs are all around us, though we may not always welcome them.

P.S. 'YAFLO' = Yet Another F...lipping Learning Opportunity

• Like 1

TFTD Wednesday: The world is full of willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them - Robert Frost

• Like 1

As reported by BBC:

Video shows dead whale across cruise ship's bow in NYC

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68980345

A video shows a 44-foot (13.4m) whale across the bow of a cruise ship in New York City.

The ship sailed into the Port of Brooklyn on Saturday. Marine experts have identified the whale as a sei whale, which is an endangered species, according to CBS News, the BBC's US partner.

The ship, managed by Geneva-based company MSC Cruises, docked in New York before sailing onwards to Canada. "We are deeply saddened by the loss of any marine life," said cruise officials said in a statement procured by CBS News.

The whale's body was taken to New Jersey where it underwent a necropsy - an autopsy on an animal. Experts hope the findings will help determine whether the creature was dead before it hit the ship.

Why do they want to know if it was dead b4 the ship hit it?  Oh forgot, it's America we're talking about here. No doubt a string of lawyers acting on behalf of the whales family will be looking to sue the cruise line

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Groan 2

I'm down in Lanzarote at the moment and was speaking to a couple today who're cruising around the Canaries. They said they tried to book the maiden voyage of the Queen Anne but it was fully booked.

I couldn't tell you port from starboard, haven't a clue about ships - eating dog turd has more appeal to me than going on a cruise, but I'd never heard of the Queen Anne. Just looked it up - it's Cunard's latest toy - can carry 3000 passengers, took 5years to build, was built and delivered on time by an Italian Shipyard. And on budget. Apparently it'll be visiting Edinburgh around the end of the month.

My thoughts immediately turned to the Calmac Arran ferry being built on the Clyde. The first ferry was due to come in to service in 2017 - it's STILL not in service having recently been delayed yet again, the 2nd ferry is suffering similar delays...  not long ago it was said it'd be cheaper and faster to scrap the 2nd ferry and order a brand new ferry from Turkey ( but the Socttish gov decided to continue throwing taxpayers money down the toilet ) - both Clamc ships are now almost FOUR times their original cost...  and it hasn't even carried a fare paying passenger yet.  Queen Anne was designed to cruise the worlds oceans, Glen Sannox was designed to ferry passengers and their cars 6 miles from Ardrossan to Arran !

It's not our workers at fault, it's our management. We couldn't oganise a p155 up in a brewery. 5 years it took the italians to build the Queen Anne. Look at them ! :D

Glen Rosa - 3000 tonnes

Queen Anne - 113000 tonnes

pic_glenrosa.JPG.e46ac7f82dedc50bb703a1b00b281bbe.JPGpic_queenanne.JPG.229d315d906d49ae49a04908439c1431.JPG

• Sad 1
  • Crying 1

41 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Im not saying i set the rules in this thread, but i did start it and i like it to be an pleasant place.

i fail to see where there is any chuckle in this story, maybe the "thats bizarre..." thread would have been better suited?

and i doubt its about a law suit.. 

more so its about marine biologists taking an opportunity to learn more about the species and its cause of death so that we can hopefully learn and improve how we work around them in the ocean. 

i have asked for people to use the spoiler option and tag posts that may be seen as derogatory or in poor taste, not to censor people, nor to pander to the "easily offended" brigade, but just for common sense - comedy takes many forms and im open to them all being explored, but not everyone likes "shock value" funnies.

Just for the record, my reaction to that post was over the comment about USian LOLyers, not the ship running down the whale.

24 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

I'm down in Lanzarote at the moment and was speaking to a couple today who're cruising around the Canaries. They said they tried to book the maiden voyage of the Queen Anne but it was fully booked.

I couldn't tell you port from starboard, haven't a clue about ships - eating dog turd has more appeal to me than going on a cruise, but I'd never heard of the Queen Anne. Just looked it up - it's Cunard's latest toy - can carry 3000 passengers, took 5years to build, was built and delivered on time by an Italian Shipyard. And on budget. Apparently it'll be visiting Edinburgh around the end of the month.

My thoughts immediately turned to the Calmac Arran ferry being built on the Clyde. The first ferry was due to come in to service in 2017 - it's STILL not in service having recently been delayed yet again, the 2nd ferry is suffering similar delays...  not long ago it was said it'd be cheaper and faster to scrap the 2nd ferry and order a brand new ferry from Turkey ( but the Socttish gov decided to continue throwing taxpayers money down the toilet ) - both Clamc ships are now almost FOUR times their original cost...  and it hasn't even carried a fare paying passenger yet.  Queen Anne was designed to cruise the worlds oceans, Glen Sannox was designed to ferry passengers and their cars 6 miles from Ardrossan to Arran !

It's not our workers at fault, it's our management. We couldn't oganise a p155 up in a brewery. 5 years it took the italians to build the Queen Anne. Look at them ! :D

Glen Rosa - 3000 tonnes

Queen Anne - 113000 tonnes

pic_glenrosa.JPG.e46ac7f82dedc50bb703a1b00b281bbe.JPGpic_queenanne.JPG.229d315d906d49ae49a04908439c1431.JPG

It seems to be the problem with anything being built in Britain these days, the costs spiral out of control, especially if there is public money involved, strange.

• Like 1