Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, @Lee said:

SO's a wax sealed piece of Snowdonia Cheddar cheese I have in the fridge that I bought last year 🤣

It might yet see another PM and Chancellor before you eat it!!!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• This morning's chuckle was a brilliant chronicle in today's Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter, by their Hertfordshire-based correspondent Katrine Marçal. Depending on what will happen next week the post might fit better in the "What saddened you today" thread. PDF file attached - slightly brushed up google translation but, I hope, intelligible.

Choosing Boris again.pdf

• Like 1

Deleted, had not been keeping up with the news.

Edited by J.R.

Can't stand tofu, not particularly woke (I'm here after all), but I confess: I do read the Guardian.

And a few lines in an article today about what people put in their "blackout boxes" made me chuckle. Good advice:

“A tobacco tin and a bottle of Jameson,” Kent-based thatcher Benny Rance rejoins. “That’s me sorted for a couple of hours, at least.”

Edited by swedishskoda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is from the Papua New Guinea Courier's UK correspondent. It is a little colourful in language and reminiscent of Jonathon Pie in full flight, but as an expletive filled rant it is somewhere between poetry and art :D   It is political in nature so if you are fed up with the Tory bashing that's being going on lately, don't bother to read it. 

Spoiler

• Love it! 4