Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/01/2024 at 20:55, Gaz said:

Dreams are weird.

This morning, just before waking up, I was dreaming that I was at a serious Star Trek convention, with me, Kirk (Shatner) and Spock (Nimoy) all chuckling that the outside of the Enterprise seemed to have the same green plastic as my Bosch power drill.  We got a fit of the giggles at finding a small black dome headed screw holding something important in place, and agreed I needed to sit quietly in a corner so as to not spoil the illusion for the masses.  It was an unusually light hearted dream for me, and I've been pretty chirpy all day riding on the back of it.

Gaz

I have been sleeping in colder and colder conditions and it has really created some vivid dreams, for some reason always from about 5am when I go off to sleep again if I have to get up in the night.

It happens below 12°c but recent nights which have been below 5°c they have become much more disturbing, not full on nightmares but concerning.

Its been more than a decade now since I had the worst of the nightmares from Malaria, I had them for more than a decade and the fever, nightmares and hallucinations could still recur again through recrudescense, at their worst I was frightened to go to sleep as I genuinely thought I could die of fright.

• Sad 3

In case you don't get this joke, Ron DeSantis' Churchill quote is complete *******s. It's from a 1930s Budweiser advert.

Screenshot_20240122-001943.thumb.png.b918f45c3da484ef831fb1f6b6879887.png

The original Xeet 

Other reputable sources of debunkery are available. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Haha 1

Sneak pictures of road trials of a BMUW model ...

1625951183_hBMUW-BayrischeMotorUnterwasserWerke.png.3cf234758be5616f46fe1bdf5c5c3663.png

No information as yet on when Bayrische Motor Unterwasser Werke plan to enter the market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think one people under twenty won't get is if you told them the TV would let you know when a text message was incoming. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 2

That didn't happen on the first generation of analogue mobile phones, when the next ones came out, I think it was 2G, and I am stubbornly still using my 2G Nokia 2310, it was a real shock to hear those noises coming from other appliances with speakers like computers, deskphones etc, I don't recall it ever afflicting my television though.

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

That didn't happen on the first generation of analogue mobile phones, when the next ones came out, I think it was 2G, and I am stubbornly still using my 2G Nokia 2310, it was a real shock to hear those noises coming from other appliances with speakers like computers, deskphones etc, I don't recall it ever afflicting my television though.

It's the pulsed nature of GSM that caused the noises. I started designing mobile phones just as the switch from analog TACS/AMPS to digital GSM (2G) was happening.

• Like 2