The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

6 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Nice to see the 'winners' being so humble in their 'win'. Even calling one former MP and a current Lord a 'scum bag'.
Does this give me carte blanche to use that term for all tory MPs and those who voted tory and leave?
Asking for the 56.4% of those who didn't vote for the tories or BXP Ltd. 

Nice to see the loser complaining over the winners not being humble when you’ve gloated for years with every hurdle put in the way of Brexit. 

BTW why was your other half given by the insurance company a LHD German registered  courtesy car in the U.K. when she worked here. I couldn’t figure that out when you complained she was abused by Brexit supporting BMW driver?

The GE thread was closed down before I could get an answer. 

2 minutes ago, CWARD said:

BTW why was your other half given by the insurance company a LHD German registered  courtesy car in the U.K. when she worked here. I couldn’t figure that out when you complained she was abused by Brexit supporting BMW driver?

The GE thread was closed down before I could get an answer. 

I never said she was given an LHD by the insurance company. You came to that conclusion in your own head somehow.
Don't ask yourself how in case you don't like to answer yourself :D 

8 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I never said she was given an LHD by the insurance company. You came to that conclusion in your own head somehow.
Don't ask yourself how in case you don't like to answer yourself :D 

You said in the GE thread the insurance company supplied the car. In the Brexit thread you stated it was lhd with German plates. What other conclusion was there? Can you explain?

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

You said in the GE thread the insurance company supplied the car. In the Brexit thread you stated it was lhd with German plates. What other conclusion was there? Can you explain?

I thought I'd answered you and told you it was a company car. It was all arranged by her company's insurance broker who they've used for thirty-odd years.

Right, to clarify. It was a company car. SWMBO, along with her mother and one other person own a company.
SWMBO wanted a new Yeti. Company bought the Yeti. The dealership here had a huge discount at the time on an SE + model (not available in the UK, basically an L&K minus the L&K badge)  Insurance broker sorted out all the technical stuff for her to legally drive a company car outside of Germany.
Hope that's all clear now.

44 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Right, to clarify. It was a company car. SWMBO, along with her mother and one other person own a company.
SWMBO wanted a new Yeti. Company bought the Yeti. The dealership here had a huge discount at the time on an SE + model (not available in the UK, basically an L&K minus the L&K badge)  Insurance broker sorted out all the technical stuff for her to legally drive a company car outside of Germany.
Hope that's all clear now.

Not really as you said she works at the Uni Hospital as a Vet?

Then again the story changes too. Living and working in UK since 1998 would also exempt the car from temporary use in the UK to avoid having to register it in the UK as per the links you previously supplied. 

Using foreign number plates for longer than 6 months

You might be able to use a vehicle with foreign number plates for longer than 6 months if all of the following apply:

• you normally live outside the EU
  • you’re in the UK for a set period as a student or worker
  • you claim relief from VAT and duty

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will give you a customs relief form when you claim relief – show it to police if you’re stopped when driving the vehicle.

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/temporary-imports

As you can see your story gets more confusing based on your previous posts as they just don't correspond.

There were scores of similar fairy tales recounted while insecure people outside of the UK were in shock the day after the referendum, one of my favorites was the woman claiming that while driving her UK registered car in France a motorcyclist threw his lit cigarette at her while overtaking 😮 anyone old enough to have ridden before crash helmets were obligatory and tried smoking will know that it aint gonna happen, there were many like that plus others on Fessbook from the UK claiming similar things.

All the people ever achieved was to show that they were still driving on foreign plates when they should have registered their cars.

It sort of calmed down after a while and evolved into the 3 mind numbing years of "give me one positive thing that will come of Brexit" and posting videos etc from their echo chambers.

I expected the same to happen once again after the election result, after all if these were genuine racist attacks surely they would happen again this time around? But no, it wasn't to be, total radio silence for between 2 - 4 days then back to the same old same old.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

As you can see your story gets more confusing based on your previous posts as they just don't correspond.

The only one who's getting confused here is you. 
I said she was a qualified Vet. Which she is. Qualified from Hanover in the 90's.  I did not say she was working as a vet. 
The incident that happened on the M3 is a matter of fact as is the email she recieved and the incident with the neighbour and I don't take kindly to people insinuating that I have lied.
Look, @CWARD this is my final comment on the matter. I've told you time and again that it was all legal and above board.
If you don't like that then I'm afraid that's just your tough luck. Just forget about it and I'll no longer be living rent free in your head and you won't have to search for ages on here trying to prove some petty point.
Any further comment from you on this matter will be ignored.

• Like 2

As already stated it was a temporary position as she had been resident in the U.K. since 1998 so the use of the vehicle wasn’t legal in the U.K. She doesn’t sound like she was working for her mother’s company as she was working at the Uni Hospital. I’m sure I’d read some where that she was paying NI too. 

Easy to get confused in the story, as said before your past posts contradict it. 

It was myself that brought it up as it taken so long to get an answer and no one has been given now it makes no sense. Only questioning answers as has been done in these threads many times over by both sides of the debate. 

I guess this is me getting a ban again for asking questions they don’t like to answer. 

Guest BigJase88
50 minutes ago, CWARD said:

It was myself that brought it up as it taken so long to get an answer and no one has been given now it makes no sense. Only questioning answers as has been done in these threads many times over by both sides of the debate. 

I guess this is me getting a ban again for asking questions they don’t like to answer. 

Due a warning at the very least I would say

• john999boy changed the title to The Official Brexit Thread - Reap What You Sow.

UK exports beyond the EU growing five times as fast

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/five-times-more-demand-for-uk-exports-from-outside-the-eu

UK exports to the EU grew by 1.3% and now total £296.8 billion, while exports to non-EU countries saw growth of 6.3% to reach £376.7 billion.

Over the 12-month period, non-EU markets remained the top destination for the UK’s renowned service sector. 60.2% of UK services exports, including financial, travel and transport, go to non-EU markets and are now worth £190.8 billion.

The USA maintains its position as the number 1 destination for British goods and services, with increased demand driving exports up 11.4% to £133.7 billion - compared to £120.0 billion in the previous 12 months.

Today’s figures also reveal an increase in trade with Japan rising by 7.6%, from £13.8 billion to £14.8 billion. Japan is already the UK’s fourth largest non-EU trading partner and one of the world’s fastest growing markets.

• Thanks 1

That's fantastic news. Great increases there. You know what, we might as well just stay in the EU then if that's the sort of gains we get from membership.
Shame we're leaving though and all those trade deals we are a part of as members will disappear, eh?

The UK is to make a trade deal with Japan one of its top priorities after Brexit, putting it on a par with the need to achieve similar pacts with the EU and US. Until now, the UK’s principal post-Brexit trade goal in talks with the Japanese government has been to “roll over” the existing trade relationship which Britain enjoys with Japan as a member of the EU. However, Japan has long resisted this “copy-and-paste” approach, believing it can secure far better trade terms from the UK than it did in negotiations with the much larger EU when it secured a bilateral Japan-EU trade treaty.

https://www.ft.com/content/b6a047c6-dafc-11e9-8f9b-77216ebe1f17

3 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

You know what, we might as well just stay in the EU then if that's the sort of gains we get from membership.
Shame we're leaving though and all those trade deals we are a part of as members will disappear, eh?

What’s all this ‘WE’?

I wasn’t aware that Germany had decided to leave the EU (yet).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

What’s all this ‘WE’?

I wasn’t aware that Germany had decided to leave the EU (yet).

I'm still British, I still hold a British passport, I still have a right to vote in British elections, my family is still British and I'm still British. 
But if you like, The UK might as well stay in the EU.  :)