The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

6 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

Funny going back in time. I know a lot of people don't like her, but so much rings true today, as it did in 2016:

And over 40 years ago..

I was 15 exactly when she made that speech and she made such a lasting impression I always voted Tory. Probably our best Leader alongside Churchill.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Her maths are about as good as Diane where's my calculator Abbott if she thinks the UK will be worse off out of the EU.:D

The thing is, they don't get it.

Scare tactics don't work anymore. Do they expect us to don yellow jackets and riot in the streets? Spare me.

It's done. Stop trying to put the deal down, and crack on.

We've made our minds up twice now.

• Like 1

“Von der Leyen is our weakest minister. That’s apparently enough to become Commission president,” former European Parliament President Martin Schulz

https://www.politico.eu/article/ursula-von-der-leyen-biography-career-inconvenient-truth/

Corrupt, incompetent fits the EU criteria well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Her maths are about as good as Diane where's my calculator Abbott if she thinks the UK will be worse off out of the EU.:D

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

She must be related to Diane Abbott who is so polished at being a Politician she convinced nearly 40,000 people to vote for her.:thinking:

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Dianne Abbot and her maths. Seriously, forget about her. Concentrate on the maths of your beloved tory party you've always voted for.

9 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Dianne Abbot and her maths. Seriously, forget about her. Concentrate on the maths of your beloved tory party you've always voted for.

Is this Brexit related? 

7 minutes ago, moley said:

Is this Brexit related? 

We were told we'd have more money (£350M/Wk) after brexit to spend on the NHS. As was mentioned in the other thread by Admin, some subjects will cover both topics. It was also an illustration that politicians from all sides can make mathematical errors.

Things may overlap but remember the core point of the thread and to make it less confrontational plus more Briskoda like. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Skoda_newby said:

Oh....

Dear.....

Thats exactly what I was saying out loud as I read it, was scrolling down and it was like having real time sub-titles to my speech for the hard of hearing, or perhaps hard of thinking would be more apt.

Anyway as we say in France les grand esprits se rencontrent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

She must be related to Diane Abbott who is so polished at being a Politician she convinced nearly 40,000 people to vote for her.:thinking:

Stranger still 10,295,907 people voted for Labour with full knowledge that Corbyn could be PM and Diane Abbott the Home Secretary. Some of these were die hard Labour fans wanting to go back to 70’s, others were willing to suffer the harm these would cause to country for a second referendum, not that if they’d won they would have had one as they’ve changed their stance more times than I care to count. 

It’s not just Diane Abbott’s creative use of mathematics but she is also bone idle such as 

Lord Harris inquiry report which she had no clue to what was about. How could she appose or offer an alternative if she has no clue on what she supposed to the shadow minister of. 

Labour seem to be heading to a civil war on the future direction of the party. Corbyn is still in denial and ignores their Brexit position or lack of. They're beyond a joke but people thought them funny enough to vote for them.  
Even Blair has waded back in now, probably have Mandelson next. Yes, I’m talking about Mandelson who came back into the Labour Party after twice resigning over scandals then been a Lord to come back into government. Strange that Labour are now up in arms about Nicky Morgan staying on after they’d done same previously but with a scandal ridden scum bag. 

• Like 1

GREAT NEWS!

Steve Bray has officially quit 😀

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/18/steve-bray-shouted-stop-brexit-bbc-news-finally-admits-defeat-11924503/

I don’t think he’ll be going into politics after his disastrous General Election for the Lib Dem’s. Obviously he thought more of himself rather than the annoying prat with a megaphone and sign on a stick which voters thought he was. 

Guest BigJase88
4 minutes ago, CWARD said:

GREAT NEWS!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/18/steve-bray-shouted-stop-brexit-bbc-news-finally-admits-defeat-11924503/

I don’t think he’ll be going into politics after his disastrous General Election for the Lib Dem’s. Obviously he thought more of himself rather than the annoying prat with a megaphone and sign on a stick which voters thought he was. 

Fantastic news. Another walloper finally accepts Brexit. Just a couple more of them to go ;)

Probably because he has no sponsors now or accommodation in London. He can go play with his coins again, hopefully not too many Brexit supporters were his customers 

Edited by CWARD

57 minutes ago, CWARD said:

GREAT NEWS!

It's not just great news it's *!?*ing GREAT NEWS!  Surely the plug will be pulled on his funding now?

58 minutes ago, CWARD said:

GREAT NEWS!

4 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

Oh....

Dear.....

Years ago, SNP stood for TOTAL independence from all other sources. Scotland must be governed by a Scottish Government, elected by the voters in Scotland, looking after the affairs of Scotland and not beholden to any other country or organisation . These days- ??? .Shades of animal farm ??

Nice to see the 'winners' being so humble in their 'win'. Even calling one former MP and a current Lord a 'scum bag'.
Does this give me carte blanche to use that term for all tory MPs and those who voted tory and leave?
Asking for the 56.4% of those who didn't vote for the tories or BXP Ltd. 

7 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

:D  No, he hasnt. At least not according to himself anyway.

I guess reading the article or any of the others in the various papers was too much to ask. 

• Like 1

BIG ISSUE, not the magazine, the Councillors and Politicians in Scotland of any party.

As soon as the are involved in projects and public spending it goes wrong.  Always the need for an inquiry.  Never an inquiry into the inquiry costing so much.

Parliament Building, Edinburgh Trams, New Schools, New Hospitals, Leisure Centres, Bridges, Ferries, Train Franchises, Buying Airports, taking over Ship yards,

getting EU money for projects like Ski Centres.

Not going to change anytime soon just how incompetent they are, they have non qualified people involved all the time over ruling professionals.

Big trouble coming if they did have all the tax income and full control over budgets. 

Edited by Roottootemoot