The Official Brexit Thread - The Transition Period.

john999boy

Nobody said you weren’t British, what I always fail to understand is when people emigrate to better themselves (no issue with that at all) but then bitch about everything going on ‘back home’ other than to clarify “yeh that's why we left” 🤔

Now if you are living abroad because you are in the armed forces or YOU work there (but your family and home is still in the UK) then that is different and I apologise.

(I haven’t a clue what you do for a living and I don’t follow any of the slanging match threads enough to even hazard a guess)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/12/2019 at 22:20, Roottootemoot said:

BIG ISSUE, not the magazine, the Councillors and Politicians in Scotland of any party.

As soon as the are involved in projects and public spending it goes wrong.  Always the need for an inquiry.  Never an inquiry into the inquiry costing so much.

Parliament Building, Edinburgh Trams, New Schools, New Hospitals, Leisure Centres, Bridges, Ferries, Train Franchises, Buying Airports, taking over Ship yards,

getting EU money for projects like Ski Centres.

Not going to change anytime soon just how incompetent they are, they have non qualified people involved all the time over ruling professionals.

Big trouble coming if they did have all the tax income and full control over budgets. 

Possibly the main reason why the SNP want out of the UK system ( where their (SNP) habits are known ,and rely on the EU ,who never seem to mind where cash is wasted, as long as  it looks good to the auditors . And possibly why so many fishermen( owners of small business ,who  have to keep their business and vessels above water ) voted to get out.

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

I don’t know about anybody else but my pension pots have jumped up by quite a margin since the election and brexit vote was passed?

they have been stagnant for a good few years only minimal increase but they have just shot up. Probably because the stagnant parliament is gone and the country is on the up. At last.

Edited by BigJase88

@VWD

Scotland has many Millionaire Ex Fishing boat owners that scrapped boats.  Plenty along the Moray Firth and round the corner in Fraserburgh and Peterhead.

http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/2018/10/11/fishing-quota-uk-defra-michael-gove

Like there are Millionaire Slipper Farmers that loved the EU subsidies. They like having wind turbines or wind farms on their land.

Quite a few like that in the House of Lords, Call me Dave's wifes family certainly know how to work the grants and subsidy system.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-37503895

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-49151425

Edited by Roottootemoot

6 minutes ago, BigJase88 said:

I don’t know about anybody else but my pension pots have jumped up by quite a margin since the election and brexit vote was passed?

they have been stagnant for a good few years only minimal increase but they have just shot up. Probably because the stagnant parliament is gone and the country is on the up. At last.

I'd suggest that 't a reaction to the ousting of Labour ( forget rainy day ) politics. I retired at the demise of the last Labour Government, when my pension pots did a double pike with two somersaults, when a certain Ex Chancellor took ( it would seem ) advice from third world economies that the printing press was mightier than productivity.

@Root- I don't know about the West coast. All I do know from tales I hear is that thy are having to fish further afield. Last time I was up north, the harbour has turned from a fishing harbour with the pier chock a block with fishing boats to a bay full of pleasure boats in a marina.

"Trust, people fought and died for it."  Fought and died for greedy barstewards like him.  I wonder what his father that fought and died would think of him.

Sir William Cash has done rather well as a MP since 1984.

Knows how to work the expenses system for employing relatives and renting his London property while the tax payer rents him London accommodation.

All above board obviously after all a solicitor and gentleman never takes the pith, or does so in a manner that might look like they are a hypocrite, well not to fellow politicians that do likewise.

Edited by Roottootemoot

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

"Trust, people fought and died for it."  Fought and died for greedy barstewards like him.  I wonder what his father that fought and died would think of him.

Sir William Cash has done rather well as a MP since 1984.

Knows how to work the expenses system for employing relatives and renting his London property while the tax payer rents him London accommodation.

All above board obviously after all a solicitor and gentleman never takes the pith, or does so in a manner that might look like they are a hypocrite, well not to fellow politicians that do likewise.

Not a fan, then?

THis is BREXIT and then Sir William Cash, so a little related.  Reap what you sow.   

He has for years, and now the Euro sceptic is getting his wish.

@Lee01

Are you excited that it is getting so near to the UK leaving the EU? 

So many changes to happen in such a short period of time for Ex Pats / Migrants from the UK, even if that is to the end of 2020. 

Edited by Roottootemoot

Guest BigJase88
2 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

THis is BREXIT and then Sir William Cash, so a little related.  Reap what you sow.   

He has for years, and now the Euro sceptic is getting his wish.

@Lee01

Are you excited that it is getting so near to the UK leaving the EU? 

So many changes to happen in such a short period of time for Ex Pats / Migrants from the UK, even if that is to the end of 2020. 

Lee has been excited and positive about brexit for the last 3 and a half years.

apparently now more excited than a kid waiting for Christmas

There hot here is so much anger, especially at the uk (but not the EU for refusing to move when Dave asked for something).

As I said on another thread, maybe time to get over not winning/not getting brexit on day 1 and com e together.

I think it’s happening, so for the good of everyone, we should come together to give as little away to and get the most possible from the EU.

A United country and parliament is a much stronger opponent and you can bet France, Spain and other EU countries will be doing the same to us.

Basically sort out the best financial/trade deal possible, keep our fishing rights ours to allocate.

Once it’s all back in the UK labour/liberal/whoever can add the local politics angle.

Right now it’s not an X vs Y internal battle, but a UK vs EU battle.

They united and played stubborn  last time to great effect. Now we need to do the same on the flip side.

9 hours ago, Lee01 said:

FYI there is a seperate topic for MPs expenses if people feel inclined. :) 

Yes, now I seem to remember LabourMPs were the ones that were ridiculously claiming clearly fake expenses and house flipping. Tories generally but not exclusively just stuck to claiming for things that were real, but rediculous, expenses likeduck houses.

• Like 1

If anyone wants a laugh before Xmas you can either watch the election results again or do what I just did and re-run the Question Time season opener from 05/09/2019 when the 3 remain MP's constantly interrupt and call the Prime Minister words like "Bully,Liar,Wreckless and Dishonest" whilst ignoring the simple concept of Democracy which is not to ignore the majority of the population but to accept that Democracy only works when LOSERS CONSENT TO THE RESULT, whether it be a football match, a local council election or a referendum or even a General Election. Not listening to voters is not an option as they have the power to issue you with your P45. Remain MP's on the show were Emily Thornberry Labour, Layla Moran Lib Dem and Ian Blackford SNP.:biggrin:

Looks like there are some in the EU that fancy winding up Boris and the Government by teasing that they might talk about Scotland joining the EU.

It might well be a wind-up,

but then that is what Ian Blackford MP is doing as well.

He annoys even SNP supporters, but he got elected in along with the 47 others in the SNP Group at Westminster.

The SNP might get a 2nd or as it is a 3rd Referendum on Independence and maybe a leave vote, no way will that get the SNP a Join the EU Vote in that Referendum they would need to hold.

The DUP had 10 propping up the last Government and that peed off a lot of people.

Scotland getting independence from the Union and re joining the EU would cause a few problems in Spain with Catalonia.  

• Like 2

It would cause more problems for England, Wales & Northern Ireland.

Spain is not leaving the EU though, so there is a difference.  Scotland is having to.

If ever Scotland does leave the RoUK i doubt the SNP would get a mandate to take Scotland into the EU, and the EU would not take Scotland, 

but it will keep Westminster having to listen to the SNP tripe and anyone else that hears it.

Scotland in the EU with a land border with England and Northern Ireland as well would really mess things up.

@shyVRS245

There could have been 60 million Voters if they turned out,

but just 48.6 million did vote, and of those 1.2 million voted for the SNP.

Edited by Roottootemoot

1 minute ago, Roottootemoot said:

It would cause more problems for England, Wales & Northern Ireland.

Spain is not leaving the EU though, so there is a difference.  Scotland is having to.

@shyVRS245

There could have been 60 million Voters if they turned out,

but just 48.6 million did vote, and of those 1.2 million voted for the SNP.

Which is a very small percentage whichever way the SNP try to spin it.:wondering:

well it is not a small percentage of a country that is under a 10th of the UK population.

48 MP's out 59 possible & then out of 650 is a fair number given that all 650 do not bother actually taking their seats in Westminster.

It really is so odd that the Unionists fight so hard to keep Scotland in if such a stone around the neck.

Not even allowing the people to have another referendum now that there is a huge change to the UK with it leaving the EU.

It should be a separate RoUK Referendum as well, should Scotland GTF.   Here is you tartan bonnet, what's your hurry.

Edited by Roottootemoot