Karoq software update. Progress report.

JakeB1941

On 23/11/2019 at 11:52, silver1011 said:

Your dealer charges you for the courtesy car, even when it is in for warranty work?

Servicing, fair enough, but for warranty work I'd be asking them to pass the charge onto Skoda UK.

Probably optional for reducing/removing a £1000 insurance excess.

tom

OK, good to know it's not just me. I'm really wanting to get rid of this car now. It's not the premium car I thought I was buying. Really unhappy with it but think it'll be an uphill struggle to get shot if it. Especially right now with dealers closed. 

35 minutes ago, Sanqhar said:

tom

Could well be, but it's a cost that needs to paid for by the warranty provider i.e. Skoda UK.

2 hours ago, Sanqhar said:

tom

JFI,

Before paying the excess check to see if you're already covered by your own insurer.

On the very rare occasions I was offered a courtesy vehicle by Skoda for servicing or warranty work they would try and charge a £10 per day excess waiver,  but my insurance automatically  covered me for courtesy vehicles. (up to either 1.3 or 1.5 litres.)

Not implying the dealers were at it,  but for the first four years of ownership my insurer was with Skoda via VWFS,  so you'd think the dealerships would know what was covered by the financial products they were pushing! 

On 05/05/2020 at 11:18, GrovesK said:

OK, good to know it's not just me. I'm really wanting to get rid of this car now. It's not the premium car I thought I was buying. Really unhappy with it but think it'll be an uphill struggle to get shot if it. Especially right now with dealers closed. 

That has to be the first time Skoda and Premium have been used in the same sentance. Every car you buy should be fit for purpose, premium or not.

On 22/11/2019 at 10:51, Scruffy said:

Well I am pleased to announce that after driving now for 4 weeks on from the "Kangarooing fix".......Its back!

You're pleased to announce?   Words fail me.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

That has to be the first time Skoda and Premium have been used in the same sentance. Every car you buy should be fit for purpose, premium or not.

Lol .. 😂 I used the word premium purely due to cost. Most expensive car I’ve ever purchased. 

a, a piece of @@@@. Damn phones and fat fingers.

The problem is we have it for another two years, and the faults don't get sorted, and they keep adding up as the months roll on. Apart from the "kangarooing " which is ongoing, the rest of the faults are intermittent and bloody annoying ! I honestly can't think of another car we've had with so many problems, has I'm sure I've already said, first and last Skoda for us.

Yes and that's a shame, likewise it's going to be my last Skoda and is the third one the other two, (a Citigo for my wife and a glorious Octavia for me ;-D), were great cars hence the Karoq. 

Its a shame that the 1.5 has proved such a pig. I reluctantly decided to go for the 1.0 3 cylinder when my Yeti 1.4 contract ended, but it has proved to be the best car I have ever driven. I absolutely love it and would have another 1.0 without hesitation. There are many good things about the Karoq which seem to be only spoiled by the 1.5 engine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, small bit of good news. My dealers have opened for service work( with some very good social distancing and sanitising programmes) . Mine was first through the doors. The service included some ‘software reload to deal with a gearbox fault code’ . Whatever that was it seems to have cured the problem. The car drives well and no kangarooing . For now. Now to deal with the door reflector that fell off, the pull down tag on the rear seat divider that fell off ( having been used perhaps 5 times in its life) and the piece of , as yet unidentifiable piece of plastic that fell into the drivers footwell. 

33 minutes ago, Quickasaquickthing said:

The service included some ‘software reload to deal with a gearbox fault code’ . Whatever that was it seems to have cured the problem. The car drives well and no kangarooing . For now. 

That made my ears twitch; I wonder what that's all about??? I hope the car continues to drive well - please keep us posted.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Mine was first registered 04/19. As I put in an earlier post, I had the yellow transmission light come on about a month ago. The car did not go into limp mode and the dealers said it should be ok to continue until I could get to them . Before I could get to them it went out after a few days. Whether this was connected with the kangarooing or was the gearbox fault code stored who knows? But it has come out of the workshop driving properly and smoothly again.  

• 3 weeks later...

My 1.5 tsi just had its third software reload yesterday. The service assistant said it was a new upgrade released on 20/03/2020. Rev counter no longer erratic at switch on but settles on 1250rpm for twenty seconds then falls to 1000rpm for approx one minute then finally settles on 750rpm . It pulls away smoothly with no kangaroo in evidence. I’ll keep posting if anything changes as has done in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just had my second service and although never had "kangarooing" I have had a little random hesitancy/stutter in first gear so asked if there was anything to update.  Initially said not but then rang to say there was a gearbox software update which they have loaded.  It has driven very smoothly back home with no hesitancy pulling away so hopefully this will be sorted. Mine is a manual 1.5 registered May 18.

45 minutes ago, Marchincus said:

Just had my second service and although never had "kangarooing" I have had a little random hesitancy/stutter in first gear so asked if there was anything to update.  Initially said not but then rang to say there was a gearbox software update which they have loaded.  It has driven very smoothly back home with no hesitancy pulling away so hopefully this will be sorted. Mine is a manual 1.5 registered May 18.

Call me confused - if you have a manual then there is no gearbox software. Only the DSG gearbox is software controlled...

Hi Dave

I did wonder what gearbox software there was but it is what he said and I assume means software in the engine management that relates to the gearbox but then I am not a mechanic so have no idea what it actually did but whatever software it was it has made a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duncan369 said:

Five days after the third software reload and the kangaroo and erratic rev counter are back . Dealing with a bunch of chancers here. I’m sick of it.

this suggests that the problem is software not hardware. 🤔
at least I hope.