190 TSI, anyone?

PS the 2.0 TSI 190 in the KODIAQ is returning 38 mpg at the pump. Best yet is 50.4 mpg but that’s driving really carefully on a motorway, on a Sunday, with the wind behind me, downhill etc. etc😀

Mine arrived exactly three months after ordering  :thumbup:

Same as above, I can't get the engine cover off 'cos it's jammed on so tight but I can see the port injector rail and wiring. 

Combination of the TSI and DSG works very well, a very big improvement over the TDI/DSG I had before. It's smooth and refined then if you tip the DSG into sport mode it works progressively and responsively just how I like. You get only a little engine braking so I guess this is Herr Budack doing his stuff. I'm still running it in so too early to comment on fuel consumption  B)

So far so good, 51MPG on a long run but still not sure what triggers the fan when the engine is off - assuming it's when you do a few short journeys and the GPF hasn't done its thing!

26 minutes ago, ItalianJob said:

So far so good, 51MPG on a long run but still not sure what triggers the fan when the engine is off - assuming it's when you do a few short journeys and the GPF hasn't done its thing!

My engine always runs the fan after a a drive, short or long. 

Never gave it much though tbh. 

There is something that sounds like a fan, running when you stop the motor. The sound is more easily heard inside the car than out, perhaps whatever it is is underneath? 

1 hour ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Possibly electronic pump keeping the coolant circulating - the TSi has a very complex cooling setup.

It's definitely a fan. If you open the bonnet there's a powerful airflow coming from what seems like beneath the engine. I assume

it's cooling the turbo or something towards the rear of the engine as the air is too hot to even put your hand near.

Just putting it out there, but there's always another option.  Just get a vRS and put more petrol in.

There's quite a few places that sell the stuff, so shouldn't be too much of a problem....  

31 minutes ago, Alex-W said:

Just putting it out there, but there's always another option.  Just get a vRS and put more petrol in.

They don't yet do one of those with 4x4 otherwise many of us would have done just that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I noticed 2.0 TSI dsg has gone from the MY20 Hatch configurator, still there in Estate as 4x4 which gives same performance as 245 vRS which makes it a nice alternative.

Love my 2.0 TSI dsg hatch but like most in this thread start-stop comes on way too early. Comes on when slowing for speed humps 😖

3 hours ago, Has said:

Comes on when slowing for speed humps 😖

Then there is something critically wrong with the system. It should only engage if the car is fully stopped and the correct pressure on the brake pedal is applied. 

1 minute ago, BGB said:

Then there is something critically wrong with the system. It should only engage if the car is fully stopped and the correct pressure on the brake pedal is applied. 

No,

A lot of newer stop start systems will kill the engine prior to coming to a complete stop.

52 minutes ago, logiclee said:

No,

A lot of newer stop start systems will kill the engine prior to coming to a complete stop.

Not once had this happened in our 2019 2.0 TSI 190hp Kodiaq. 

5 minutes ago, BGB said:

Recently driven a brand new Golf and and the newly facelifted XE and they both killed the engine before stationary. 

Some of the new very mild hybrid variants  like VAG's new 12V Evo engines also kill the engine on coast too.  

44 minutes ago, BGB said:

A lot will depend on the incline and the drag in the system but a change in the criteria for stopping the engine in MY16 meant it is normal for it to cut the engine whilst the car is still moving.

Doesn't make it right, but it is how it is designed.

My Octavia will cut out at VERY low speeds when coasting, say in a trickling traffic queue. Annoying because the power steering is then lost.

But never when driving in gear over speed bumps- at idle speed, which is faster than the slow coast I refer to above..

• 11 months later...

I'm not sure the DKZA engine code is confirmation of a TFSI engine with the MPI.

image.thumb.png.c4ee759052a4d6275038a56a4c893ab6.png

For example this claims to be a DKZ/DKZA engine for a Leon, but I can't see the FSI rail

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEAT-LEON-FR-2-0-TSI-DKZ-DKZA-COMPLETE-ENGINE-/202998017519

This is sold as an Octavia DKZA 190PS engine, but I can't see the FSI rail here due to the camera angle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-SKODA-OCTAVIA-DKZA-1984cc-Petrol-4-Cylinder-Automatic-Engine/274012981724?hash=item3fcc7249dc:g:O-wAAOSwXwxdgLqC

I'll just have to have a look under the bonnet of mine when I collect it later this week.

It seems weird to have both the TFSI and the PPF, as I thought the PPF was needed when FSI was deleted and an engine changed to TSI-only.

Edited by EnterName
Forgot to quote GREENLINER1 so added snapshot of their post and also added some context for e-Roottoot
  • Confused 1

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

You can see the valve injection present on the 190 and absent on the 245. Very helpful video.

When I say valve injection, I mean the rail that injects fuel in via the valves, and not just into the top of the combustion chamber.

(I had a real bee in my bonnet about wanting this feature on my Octavia, and was a bit unclear on which engines did or didn't have it when I bought my car, as the 190 TSI Octavia wasn't well known.)

Edited by EnterName
Changed FSI to valve injection & added some blurb about wanting valve injection.