New Map Releases Dated 17-06-19

bigade1

Just a heads up to say that new maps are available on the VW site for those who don't want to wait until they are eventually put up on the Skoda Update Portal. All are direct downloads in the 7-zip format with individual descriptions.

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/nl/nl/index/downloads/maps-download#/?car=cdc6f29e-8b23-4348-a923-94061502fa04&navi=19e5c80f-ca98-4776-8981-3aee228c0e5a

In the options menus chose Passat 2014 then Discover Media to see the available maps.

This is the direct link for the main Europe ( 13.0 GB ) map:

http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1310_V11.7z

Description:

• Update: Datum : 17-6-19
  • Bestandsformaat: 7-Zip : 7-Zip
  • Omvang: Europa :

Albania*, Andorra, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kosovo*, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia (Former Republic of Yugoslavia)*, Moldova*, Monaco, Montenegro*, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine*, United Kingdom, Vatican City

* in parts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tunedude said:

I thought the up to date ones are on the skoda portal at the moment. 19/20 maps.

So you would think from the map title but the 19/20 maps were in fact released in December, 2018. The maps I have linked to are only 2 days old so they are definitely newer. The Skoda map releases are simply the VW ones but they get renamed and they usually become available a few weeks/months after the VW ones have been released.

Just now, bigade1 said:

So you would think from the map title but the 19/20 maps were in fact released in December, 2018. The maps I have linked to are only 2 days old so they are definitely newer. The Skoda map releases are simply the VW ones but they get renamed and they usually become available a few weeks/months after the VW ones have been released.

that's kind of them isn't it?

5 minutes ago, bigade1 said:

The Amundsen (Discover Media) MIB1 maps that you link to and those on the Skoda portal are both version 81 - which suggests they are the same maps?

I'm just downloading the VW maps and after unzipping will do a binary compare against those I downloaded from the Skoda portal last week - will report back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded from the Skoda site yesterday and they do seem to be 'new'?

On Monday my 'VIN' reported no new updates but yesterday it offered me the maps?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

The Amundsen (Discover Media) MIB1 maps that you link to and those on the Skoda portal are both version 81 - which suggests they are the same maps?

Sorry I should have stated in my first post that the maps I've linked to are MIB2 maps. The current Skoda maps have the prefix 1115 in their descriptions while the new VW maps have the prefix 1310 so they should definitely be different. Also, I've just compared their sizes and the newer equivalent map is 0.5 GB larger after extraction. 

Edited by bigade1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tunedude said:

that's kind of them isn't it?

A lot kinder than JLR who make you purchase a USB stick with a VIN matched update for £189

Well, I've swapped what I thought yesterday was a 'new' Skoda map for the VW one but it's difficult to tell if anything had changed (apart from the version number) inasmuch as there isn't much new road building going on around here that I've noticed, either way, thanks for the post Big Ade. 😎

3 hours ago, YMe said:

Are these maps for the Columbus or Amundsen?

On the link you can select Discover or Discover Pro which is basically the equivalent of Amundsen or Columbus.

• Like 1

I'm a newbie, and I wanted to update my Amundsen maps with this new release. I formatted the SD card, then tried to put the files in the map folder, then just the two folders. When I start the system, it does not recognize the information. What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot!

Well, back to basics.

7 hours ago, Xenobyte said:

I'm a newbie, and I wanted to update my Amundsen maps with this new release.

Let's start with which Amundsen unit you're trying to update. There's four possible off the top of my head and all are different procedures. We don't know what make or model car you have, how old it is, whether the system is factory or retrofitted, or anything. What more can you tell us?

Okay. It is an Octavia 1.4 TSI from 2016 October with factory settings. The infotainment hardware is H30, the software 0357, media 3141.0.0.1, just factory stuff to my best knowledge. (I also want to / need to update the software version, but that might be a different story.)

I hope this helps. I am listening to your advice, and I really appreciate your effort.

Card would appear to be correct. So what error message do you get?

Edit. Cross posting.

Why is it not in English?

(I think we might be getting to the point here...)

Edited by Rustynuts