2019 facelift prices announced

12 minutes ago, Tom34 said:

This photo was used to announce it on twitter, is that a new shade of red? Looks nice. 

I'm sure the UK market will get the equivalent shade of grey 🙄

Sounds like the both the diesels and both petrols available at launch  will be DSG initially

Diesel

A turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder unit, producing 118bhp and 250Nm of torque. It’s offers claimed fuel economy figures of 44.8mpg and can only be had with a seven-speed DSG and front-wheel-drive.

A turbocharged 188bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel is also available, priced from £32,140. It’s only available with a DSG, although buyers can choose from either front- or four-wheel-drive, with the latter carrying a £1,560 premium over the former.

Petrol

188bhp variant has a starting price of £30,575, more potent 268bhp petrol unit carries a price-tag of £38,470. Both petrol engines have a seven-speed DSG, while the more powerful unit comes as standard with all-wheel-drive.

Later this year, the Superb range will expand with a lesser-powered 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine with 148bhp and 340Nm.

and  a 148bhp 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol unit, producing 250Nm of torque

A PHEV version follows in 2020

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Thanks 2

After 18 months of hefty price hikes (2 or 3 in 2018 iirc) and now a big price hike on FL launch it's no longer the VFM it was. If they do away with the £3k incentive (previously was £4k) looking at killing cash buyers interest at the very least.

Autocar refers to a 1.6 petrol and diesel, probably a unintended typo though, unless 1.5tsi has been sent to kangaroo heaven.

Skoda UK is slowly losing the plot. Scala is silly money, will be another Rapid no seller.

• Like 1

Wasnt keen but in that picture it looks pretty decent. 38K though ! Paid for mine now so I intend to have some car payment free years 🙂 

• Like 1

I agree witn xman. I have had 2 superb 3 and both have been great value deals and decent cars. However, the s3 is now pricing itself out of the equation for my next car later this year. The deals are not there anymore. 5.9% on a PCP when some 'more premium' marques are offering 0% +sizeable retail price discounts+finance contribution. Shame but I will have to follow the best deals; sort of swings and roundabouts I guess.

Trying it on. Skoda is losing its value for money reputation. Why spend silly money on an article which is at the mercy of other road users either being driven or standing stationery at the roadside or car parks?  PCP schemes are raising prices because the total cost of purchase or lease is not felt on initial acquisition. The pain comes when the balloon payment is presented to you and the realisation that you never own the vehicle.

Edited by edbostan

Hopefully a price list can appear soon then...

Been waiting on on either the Passat Estate, or Superb. And despite the Passat FL being announced earlier, still no prices yet!!!

Pleased to see they have retained the FWD 190 TDI. I agree that prices look steep; right up until you price up an equivalent 5 series, E Class or similar.

Serious question - are there any "challenger" brands with a contender in this category? Something with equivalent features and size at, say, a £10k discount to the Superb? Or established brands that provide say £100pm less monthly on PCP / PCH for something equivalent? Or have Skoda just realised they have a really good product that they have been offering at too big a discount to the market for the last three years?

Just to be clear, I haven't got a dog in the fight as I'm not replacing mine for at least a year, just interested.

Been to much smoke and mirrors in the pricing in recent years, increase the price then offer cash back, so ends up near where it started.

The fad of marketing by monthly payments as the headline, is really annoying. Let’s be honest if you have a £38k car, however it is dressed up, to buy it going to have to part with £34-40k depending on negotiating skills, and how long you drag out payments

The worst part of the modern Skoda experience is can’t walk in to a dealer and buy anything any more.  Try pointing at something in the showroom and say I’ll take it.  I actually bought our first Octavia Estate from a showroom, picked it up 2 days later when number plates added.  It was one of the earliest ones, S-reg.  

The new Superb PCH prices will be interesting and quite frankly they have gone bonkers now. Dealers are now quoting £400 (9x23) for the last of the remaining MY19 cars. This takes it beyond many Audi. BMW's and Mercs. The finish in the Superb is fine but clearly not in the same class as the German rivals. I would happily keep paying what I pay for for a Superb SEL but not sure who will commit when you can get an E-Class for less. Seems a real shames as surely selling more cars is more profitable than selling less. I do wonder how the Octavia will be priced as it could end up being the bigger seller in the mid-large estate class.

Edited by Flatjack

@BriskodaJeff

Yes. But it does depend on how you buy or "borrow" your car and justify your expenditure of course. 

I have a quote for a Volvo S90 Inscription Plus T4 (190hp) with about £1000 of extras and first 3 services.  (and Volvo services are expensive!)

£4k deposit from me plus £307 per month for 48 months. So if I keep it just for the PCP then £18736 in total. If I keep it and pay the GFV I pay £35500 in total.  All possible due to the 0% finance deal.

If I spec a similar S3 L&K (not easy as the 220 psi isn't available) I am guessing I would be paying somewhere north of £400 a month so the PCP is at least £23200 and end up with a total price of about £35000 (assuming a 10% retail discount)

As I said the Skoda figures are an estimate and it is difficult to exactly match the specs (e.g. no DCC with Volvo) BUT the S90 is a totally different class of car to the Skoda I have to admit.:sad::sad:

In terms of interior quality and ride comfort it is in a different class and is costing me at least £100 a month less.

So as with all figures, lies, damn lies and stats I have just used one example. Not saying that is the deal I have done.  With 0% finance there is no need to use such a large deposit for example, whereas reducing your deposit with Skoda raises the cost even higher :cool:

Edited by Sagalout
typo
  • Thanks 1

£100 a month less is crazy and I am finding very similar outcomes when I work out the financials.  The fit and finish of the Volvo is better in most specs and it wins hands down. Compare the XC40 with the higher spec Karoq's - I am sorry the XC40 is better in every respect. When we end up comparing the S60 and S90 and the Volvo provide the best value its clear the days of the VFM Skoda has gone.

Edited by Flatjack
  • Like 1

I reckon Skoda UK are taking the opportunity to increase prices whilst demand exceeds supply. Their factories are running at full tilt and still there are long waiting times. When that changes prices will drop.

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

@pist0nbr0ke - u meant "2019 2020 facelift prices announced" yeah.............

Available to order (in the UK at least) now, so 2019 in my book?  First deliveries will be in 2019.

If I said MY2019 then that would be wrong of course.

<pedant mode off>

I've also discovered the 'special paint' options on the Czech configurator 😁

1.JPG.405da8da893c4b93dabe2e0a37a7a31e.JPG

2.JPG.4e4403a28bff4fdd62efe506e111a07e.JPG

3.JPG.6bf3dfb1f43ffa12d4c3d0c189ed886d.JPG

4.JPG.825358e5bb98734c82762a401ea06ce5.JPG

15 hours ago, Flatjack said:

£100 a month less is crazy and I am finding very similar outcomes when I work out the financials.  The fit and finish of the Volvo is better in most specs and it wins hands down. Compare the XC40 with the higher spec Karoq's - I am sorry the XC40 is better in every respect. When we end up comparing the S60 and S90 and the Volvo provide the best value its clear the days of the VFM Skoda has gone.

Funny that you mention the Volvo S90 as an alternative, because this popped up in my inbox earlier

Even with a deposit equivalent to 9 monthly payments, this is almost half the £400 per month for the Superb,  the pricing differential is crazy

Or £1012 deposit + £300 intro fee over 4 years and 80,000 miles still £17k over 4 years which is under 50% purchase price

https://www.vehiclesavers.com/car-leasing/volvo/s90-saloon/2.0-t4-momentum-plus-4dr-geartronic.html?utm_source=e-shot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Quarter226062019Grp6and7&es_c=6FBDE53129855EC61D9D72545030383A&es_cl=1B0FC45C5FEADD141899EC81906C80E6&es_id=1ce-o4

Edited by SurreyJohn

6 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Available to order (in the UK at least) now, so 2019 in my book?  First deliveries will be in 2019.

If I said MY2019 then that would be wrong of course.

<pedant mode off>

I've also discovered the 'special paint' options on the Czech configurator 😁

1.JPG.405da8da893c4b93dabe2e0a37a7a31e.JPG

2.JPG.4e4403a28bff4fdd62efe506e111a07e.JPG

3.JPG.6bf3dfb1f43ffa12d4c3d0c189ed886d.JPG

4.JPG.825358e5bb98734c82762a401ea06ce5.JPG

Someone posted the colour pallet from the Superb CZ configurator on here about a year ago, it was sickening.  Must have had over 100 colours/shades to chose from.  

If Skoda are going to start asking silly money for their cars then they may as well offer customers the chance of some exciting colours/options and get away from this habit of being 3-5 years behind the rest of VW group.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Someone posted the colour pallet from the Superb CZ configurator on here about a year ago, it was sickening.  Must have had over 100 colours/shades to chose from.  

If Skoda are going to start asking silly money for their cars then they may as well offer customers the chance of some exciting colours/options and get away from this habit of being 3-5 years behind the rest of VW group.   

I wonder why they limit these colors to CZ, I would understand if it was never made, saving up on the different colors that need to be produced.. but why sell it in just one country 

It's not looking positive with all these price rises, I'm on my second Octavia Scout lease and have extended this one for an extra 12 months as they went off order. 

The Superb Scout isn't coming to the UK immediately at any rate and the prices now look like the SE Tech being the only relaistice  option. 

Hopefully the New Octavia will answer the questions for me

20 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Someone posted the colour pallet from the Superb CZ configurator on here about a year ago

This is the palette on the Czech configurator today. They are showing 57 "Special painting" colours along with 2 non metallics (candy white and energy blue) and 10 metallics:

SIIIColours2019.thumb.jpg.86a3d0b92fc37aff46b9779972e4c572.jpg

SIIIColours2019Standard.jpg

• Like 1