Anyone had a remap 280 4x4 ?

30 minutes ago, Roscio said:

this is a very big gain. did you also change any hardware? Is your 272 a MY19 or MY20?

it is MY19

Additions are R600 intake with Forge high flow inlet hose and Forge Intercooler.

first run shows 281.5 hp before the tune which I believe is 13.5hp increase over standard which I believe accounts for the intake etc...

im more than happy with the gains 😊

18 minutes ago, lowey said:

it is MY19

Additions are R600 intake with Forge high flow inlet hose and Forge Intercooler.

first run shows 281.5 hp before the tune which I believe is 13.5hp increase over standard which I believe accounts for the intake etc...

I’d be happy with those gains as well. I just glanced at the figures while trying to get through a P5 homework 😩 and assumed it started off as a 280 mpi. Are you using a foam filter in the 600?

22 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

I’d be happy with those gains as well. I just glanced at the figures while trying to get through a P5 homework 😩 and assumed it started off as a 280 mpi. Are you using a foam filter in the 600?

yes foam filter, no it’s not the 280mpi but the later 272ps (268bhp). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UndertheRadar said:

I’ll be happy with figures like those from a stage 1 once my warranty’s over. 

Me too! I just picked up a MY2018 280 and all I can say is wow! Can’t imagine what it’d be like at stage 1, launch control was enough to make my 12 year old daughter scream earlier today :D and it surprised me how quick it got to 60/70 mph!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lowey said:

it is MY19

good choice! having changed the intercooler as well, I guess you have other plans for the future, right?
With this setup you just need a sport dp and you should get about 400hp...

• Like 1

I’ve just parted with my Octy3 VRS Diesel & I’m awaiting delivery of my 11 month old 272 Superb. A stage 1 Revo is on my Radar but probably not for another year or so. 
There was no change on my insurance switching from the 2016 VRs to the 2019 Superb FL - which surprised me. 
What are people’s experiences with insurance on remaps & changing other performance enhancing parts? 
Im in Ireland, so particularly interested in any Irish experiences, but all input welcome. 

Power and torque curves look pretty good :thumbup: 

Absolute dyno figures are more of a lottery though and personally I'm much more interested in real world, slope corrected acceleration data from the likes of Dragy/P-gear/Racebox/Q-Starz, @lowey any chance of getting hold of such a device to measure your times?

3 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Power and torque curves look pretty good :thumbup: 

Absolute dyno figures are more of a lottery though and personally I'm much more interested in real world, slope corrected acceleration data from the likes of Dragy/P-gear/Racebox/Q-Starz, @lowey any chance of getting hold of such a device to measure your times?

Not currently as I’m more than happy with just how it feels without personally needing to know times. I don’t know of one I can borrow but maybe a Black Friday bargain If they’re available and we’ll see then.

14 minutes ago, lowey said:

Not currently as I’m more than happy with just how it feels without personally needing to know times. I don’t know of one I can borrow but maybe a Black Friday bargain If they’re available and we’ll see then.

Yeah 150 EUR might seem a bit pricey but then it's as if you've got your own dyno :tongueout: you can directly see the effect of any change/mod you do on the car plus where you're standing against other cars modded or stock. It's a very nice tool once you got it.

• 8 months later...
On 18/06/2020 at 14:44, drewellis said:

I’ve had a Revo stage 1 done on my 220. 

I’ve been roasted on here in the past for quoting Revo’s figures and my new 0-60 times, so all I will say is

It’s worth it, get it done

Hey @drewelliswhat kind of 0-60 times you achieving post tune? Very hard to find figures. I'm specifically looking for 280 with APR Stage 1 figures but would be very keen to hear yours for comparison/expected results

18 hours ago, Coopernova said:

Hey @drewelliswhat kind of 0-60 times you achieving post tune? Very hard to find figures. I'm specifically looking for 280 with APR Stage 1 figures but would be very keen to hear yours for comparison/expected results

Should be comfortably in the mid 4s as with most stage 1s.

5 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Should be comfortably in the mid 4s as with most stage 1s.

That's more than I'd expect alright! 20%+ off a 5.8sec standard 0-60. I'd think a Golf R would get there starting 7kW higher and obv lighter but I'd love to be proved wrong and see a Superb hit them figures with just a stage 1 ECU and no other mods

6 hours ago, Coopernova said:

That's more than I'd expect alright! 20%+ off a 5.8sec standard 0-60. I'd think a Golf R would get there starting 7kW higher and obv lighter but I'd love to be proved wrong and see a Superb hit them figures with just a stage 1 ECU and no other mods

Actually depending on the tune and on whether the DSG is mapped as well it can get quite lower than that, while still only running a stage 1, meaning just software, no exhaust mods etc.

That's what my 272 stage 1 (albeit with a 7 speed DSG but the 280 won't be too different) was hitting with the DSG mapped as well but no other hardware mods apart from an intake which has minimal impact on times:

901918580_3_80.jpg.c67a99a13e9d276c8fffa8f10bd0bbf1(1).thumb.jpg.9aa1f2361b9b2bad2a372c71c14759a0.jpg

• Love it! 1

On 12/06/2021 at 15:10, Coopernova said:

Hey my Superb is long gone now but when the conditions were ideal I was getting about 5.2 seconds using a GPS timer. 

I also had the R600 intake fitted which I have for sale on here currently 🙂

Here is the ad

• 3 months later...

I had mine 280 remaped to Stage 1 and TCU Stage 1, added intake hose and KN panel filter.

Last night i did my best.

13c temp, 3/4 tank, worn 19" summer tyres, so it has slippage:

4.26 to 100km/h,

4.01 to 60mph,

15.59 to 200km/h,

11.33 100-200km/h,

12.37 1/4 mile

I expect better times with 18" winter tyres. Before intake and filter I had better time with winter tyres compared to summer set.

Adding those two mods decreased 0-100 for 0.1s and 1/4 for 0.07s.

Still need to go on dyno, but I guess 370-380.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 06:47, newbie69 said:

Actually depending on the tune and on whether the DSG is mapped as well it can get quite lower than that, while still only running a stage 1, meaning just software, no exhaust mods etc.

That's what my 272 stage 1 (albeit with a 7 speed DSG but the 280 won't be too different) was hitting with the DSG mapped as well but no other hardware mods apart from an intake which has minimal impact on times:

901918580_3_80.jpg.c67a99a13e9d276c8fffa8f10bd0bbf1(1).thumb.jpg.9aa1f2361b9b2bad2a372c71c14759a0.jpg

That’s a very impressive time from a Stage 1. May I ask who did your stage 1 tune please?

Choose your tuner wisely as that's what makes the difference.

If you are not planning to go more than stg1 then Revo is very good options with minimum fuss - AKS Tuning would definitely be at the top of my list if it was Revo or for a TVS DSG map.

I stupidly have gone straight to stage 3 and hastily had a map done from a tuner who is very credible however hasn't tuned a Superb before so didnt get great results.  I'm in the process of getting a refund as the map didnt deliver and taking it to Devil Developments as I have an L500 turbo and they've asked me to leave with them for 5 days as they havent tuned a Superb before!

Top custom tuners are Unicorn, Devil Developments, Ecotune, MRC, VRS Performance if you are planning for Stg2/3 - As far Im aware only MRC and Ecotune have managed to tune the Superb to its full potential with a hybrid turbo

11 minutes ago, Awesam said:

Choose your tuner wisely as that's what makes the difference.

If you are not planning to go more than stg1 then Revo is very good options with minimum fuss - AKS Tuning would definitely be at the top of my list if it was Revo or for a TVS DSG map.

I stupidly have gone straight to stage 3 and hastily had a map done from a tuner who is very credible however hasn't tuned a Superb before so didnt get great results.  I'm in the process of getting a refund as the map didnt deliver and taking it to Devil Developments as I have an L500 turbo and they've asked me to leave with them for 5 days as they havent tuned a Superb before!

Top custom tuners are Unicorn, Devil Developments, Ecotune, MRC, VRS Performance if you are planning for Stg2/3 - As far Im aware only MRC and Ecotune have managed to tune the Superb to its full potential with a hybrid turbo

Thanks. Only looking at Stage 1. Also I’m in Oz. 

I have a MY21 Sportline and I’ve heard some tuners have cracked the new ECU on these newer cars yet?

Edited by Donweather

Just now, Donweather said:

Thanks. Only looking at Stage 1. Also I’m in Oz. 

I have a MY21 Sportline and I’ve heard some tuners have cracked the new ECU on these newer cars yet?

If you are in OZ then UGP (Underground Performance) is one of the top tuners who had some great results with the Superb!

22 hours ago, Bigeater said:

numskull - TCU is dsg tune. 

My stage 1 tune - low torque map went to 352bhp and 355lb/ft

stage 2 ecu and tcu stage 3 moved this up to 385bhp and 412lb/ft

Blimey! So when you say low torque map, does this mean a DSG remap is not required?